How exactly is eugenics better for humanity if it only benefits a select few...

How exactly is eugenics better for humanity if it only benefits a select few? Also what criteria are the select few to be allowed to breed based on? Physique? IQ? What types of IQ? I don't really understand why Europeans are so in favor of this when they are just average in IQ and physique. Not to mention a lot of society's progression has been based on sharing information between cultures. Am I stupid for thinking that it's not the most beneficial for man to decide who and who doesn't get to live based on the criteria of a few Europeans? Or am I missing something here.

Anyone?

Watch Gattica.

Yes, you are stupid. Very, very stupid. In better days you would have been a peasant all your life, and never even learned to write or read. This would have been better. For you,and for everyone.

>Gattica.
that protag is white though so superior

The point is eugenics is obsolete. Selective breeding is inferior to genetic engineering. The Bene Gesserit were wrong.

>How exactly is eugenics better for humanity if it only benefits a select few?
only the strong are humans
>Also what criteria are the select few to be allowed to breed based on? Physique? IQ? What types of IQ?
All 3, and there's only one kind of IQ user, multiple intelligences theory is for anti-science people who love their pet niggers
>I don't really understand why Europeans are so in favor of this when they are just average in IQ and physique
Europeans have most beautiful bodies and faces, so their pheno would be selected for. The highest iq's on Earth are found among them, a small number of Asians and Jews would probably have their DNA sequenced and the valuable alleles replicated with genetic engineering but we'd want whites not mutant Ashkenazim or ugly, small and weak Asiatics
>Not to mention a lot of society's progression has been based on sharing information between cultures
Hardly and this is over now, we have everything we need from the others and can reverse engineer anything we leave behind.
>Am I stupid
yes, your diction and syntax indicates lower iq to me
>for thinking that it's not the most beneficial for man to decide who and who doesn't get to live based on the criteria of a few Europeans?
a few northern europeans, and yes you're incredibly naive and lower iq as well so you are missing lots of things.

have a good day

>it only benefits a select few
The idea is that those select few will breed and one day become the majority

>Only the strong are humans

What do you define as strong?

Also are you religious or spiritual at all? How do you think it would effect humanity spiritually to carry out this sort of feat? As it is a clear over-indulgence in ego.

I guess I'm just kind of confused as to what people's end goal for humanity is when they intend to view/treat each other so viciously. What do you think the purpose of life is?

That makes sense. But what sort of standards are people measuring when they speak of this select few? Let's say we agree that the only true forms of IQ are spatial, mathematical, and linguistic. I'd say these are incredibly logic oriented and probably the most productive for society industriously yeah? But I think it's a fair conjecture to make that people who think excessively logically tend to lack in empathy, intuition, etc. Do you think it is best for society to be filled with only logical thinkers? If so, why?

Also, do you think you have a high IQ? If so, why? Were you tested? Your tone and general sense of self comes off as pretty autistic and detached from reality to me. Do you think that people like yourself should be part of the elite? Do you consider autism a desirable trait? If so, why?

"humanity" is a collective noun. eugenics doesn't benefit the unfit individual, which is probably why you're protesting.

I'm not really protesting I mean It's not like I'm afraid that any of this is going to happen I'm just curious to why people believe in it because I think it's interesting.

we’ll cope in the same way you do after passing over an homeless person round the corner

people with higher iqs are the most intuitive ones

Women are more intuitive than men and have a lower average IQ.
You're just an autist.

>What do you define as strong?
high fitness
>Also are you religious or spiritual at all?
this doesn't work on me
>How do you think it would effect humanity spiritually to carry out this sort of feat?
don't care
>As it is a clear over-indulgence in ego.
ego is healthy
>I guess I'm just kind of confused as to what people's end goal for humanity is when they intend to view/treat each other so viciously
to conquer the known universe and give birth to God in the flesh
>what's the purpose of life
to kill everything that isn't human and birth and immortal, omnipotent, omniscient being that will replace us

they don’t have lower IQs, man are slightly more intuitive for reason tied to men susceptibility to dopamine which as a neurotransmitter is tied with pattern recognition

No I don't think that's true at all but that may be dependent on how you define intuition. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think logically and are also intuitive but I think the way Western civilization has viewed logic throughout history kind of kicks your claim. The Age of Enlightenment's intense focus of reason and neglect of spirituality is to me a clear indicator that logical people are generally less intuitive and thus less spiritually inclined. If this was not the case then modern science would not reject almost all metaphysical/spiritual phenomena and declare it nonsense. I think it's common knowledge that people who think very logically are not very in tune emotionally or intuitively. I mean, by their very nature they would describe such functions and irrational. I think the misappropriation of Christianity in European culture and its concurrent spiritual bankruptcy of their people attests to this as well.

Intuition is not pattern recognition. Intuition is essentially "going with your gut" feeling rather than considering things logically. Hence "women's intuition". Intuition is a feminine trait.

Meanwhile you look like this and have no accomplishments.

That's a very bizarre way to view life! What do you think lead you to believe this?

it's master morality. it's not actually absolutely good, but people with strong qualities assume it to be because it's convenient to them. just like the poor and crippled assume it's the duty of the strong to take care of them.

Wrong, intuition is leading with the unconsious to come up with abstraction. E=mc^2 is a product of intuition. Intuition is what links seemingly disparaging ideas together. It is creative understanding born from the unconsious.

I've been asking these sorts of questions around Veeky Forums for some time because I think you guys are really interesting with how you view life. I've noticed a trend where those who believe that logic (IQ) should be considered the foremost instrument in achieving human prosperity tend to reject the existence of God as well as compassion for people that they do not know. I think that's really ironic in a way because they tend to pride themselves on being so rational and mature but they don't seem to understand the importance of the other half of tools man has been blessed with. Empathy, intuition, etc.

you are confusing high iq with high strictness, reasoning about logic as a pedantic thing

iq measures your speed of processing informations, making it easier to sustain logic, abstract thought via a very rapid ability to analyze patterns and form responses to stimuli. you’re thinking about high IQ people has autists, there’s lots of eccentricity too instead

Thanks for that. You described what I was trying to say in a more articulate way! I was looking for the language but didn't really know how to put it.

That's interesting! I hadn't considered that. When I read what IQ tests are generally looking for they seemed to be mostly things based on information processing and reasoning. So you would consider high creativity/abstract thought to be congruent with high IQ? Or rather that high iq doesn't necessarily mean that these aspects would be lowered.

I may have been viewing it at all wrong. Considering a lot of Asians and Jews have very high IQs but still tend to be very in touch with their spirituality. Why do you think Europeans fell so far from it if not from thinking too logically?

empathy is something you feel the most for people similar to you and no one here has ever argued against intuition which i think is generally regarded as the pure state of genius

I'm very curious because it's something I haven't really been able to understand. It seems to me that the Europeans have always been the most obsessed with notions of racial superiority yet are also generally the most detached from spirituality. Do you think there's any correlation? Of course I know that everyone is racist and everyone likes to feel better than someone for one reason or another but I think the Europeans have been the most intent on affirming their superiority as far as I've seen. Why do you think that is? (please don't answer with something like "because they're superior xD")

I think that is true about empathy because of things like tribalism. Although I don't really believe we should limit it to that, I don't really see the point? I don't really understand what is gained by viewing people coldly. Also, I'm surprised you say that honestly. People with high intuition would naturally be more inclined to spiritual enlightenment and ultimately gnosis. With this I would say it would be quite impossible to view humanity as coldly as the people on this site tend to. Maybe people value intuition but don't really understand its full capacity? I'm not sure. People with known gnosis in history have tended to preach endless compassion for our fellow man. Why do you think people feel like they are above this?

absolutely congruent, but very hard to put in a box as you can with IQ. artists, great scientists, great philosophers aren’t predictable. europeans have lots of spirituality, faith, superstition, irrationality - don’t think of us a coherent reproduction of what you might know as some famously non spiritual european person. i don’t have the impression of jews being particularly spiritual though, they seem more practical and real life oriented. i don’t know many asians but the ones i know are at least as drying and practical as the caricatures of the germans we all know.

Because of history. Europeans honed warfare and industry while hating one another for hundreds of years. Also the chinese are racist as shit. And europeans see conceptual potential which is why crazy ideologies spawn so frequently there. "What if?"

I think that's really valid. I don't mean to write of the entirety of Europeans as non-spiritual more so that I find that for people who've generally prided themselves on their immense belief in Christianity I don't understand why they so frequently did not uphold Christian values. See, in something like the Qu'ran, it blatantly says that people are allowed to call to arms, fight oppressors, and "slay infidel". I bring that up to say that it is very easy to pervert such a text into something very maliciously political. Whereas in Christianity it seems like a central theme to Jesus' teachings is compassion and "turning the other cheek" yet people have used Christianity to justify so many atrocities? I notice particularly that /pol/ likes to claim that it is Catholic of some sort yet they view humanity so viciously and cold. I don't really understand why people pretend to be religious. I mean I get that it's to keep up appearances culturally/socially and of course people of all cultures can be fake about their beliefs but I think Christianity has been used the most extensively as a political tool to subjugate masses and that to me is telling of something. I really don't know what though. I wish people would genuinely embrace God and love each other and I am very confused as to why people think it's fine to do otherwise.

Compassion breeds stagnation, not progress.

are you sure about that? intuition would led different people in different directions and the things we wish for the future depend on our temperament, personal story, ambition, life circumstances etc. very unpredictable matters. for example i consider myself quite intuitive and i’m not interested (really, it just doesn’t come up to me) in imagining a specific future for the world based on my impressions of reality or defining some all encompassing theory to tie together all of that’s going on. there might be out there lots people with super high intuition just focusing on their everyday chores and navigating them slightly better than someone who can’t yield a smother action due to lesser intelligence

these pictures should all be put in a gallery
reading scientific journal articles about evolutionary biology and physical anth user and then the Vedas and Upanishads

That's really interesting thank you! Oh yeah Asians are racist as fuck but I mean, so is everyone. Though I haven't heard of Asians claiming that they were the peak of evolution and everyone else ought to fuck off. But maybe that's just my own lack of research? European philosophy has definitely been very bountiful for civilization aside from whenever it resulted in rejecting God imo. I suppose racism was the most practical because it allowed them to coalesce and decide they were best off just declaring themselves as the highest and everyone else as shit. I think that makes sense tactically. I was reading an essay about how initially in America there had been European slaves/indentured servants that were set free due to their British citizenship which resulted in them deciding that Africans were the best bet. I think that's interesting because for quite some time they'd just been after them for the free labor and notions of racial inferiority weren't born until a few decades later. I think it's funny that people so adamantly believe in that sort of thing today when the originators of it didn't even genuinely believe it.

intuition and feeling aren't the same traits.

Yeah i think that's spot on. Being cold was necessary for progress in terms of capitalism and such things. It's weird though when you think of "progress" as advances in civilization that ultimately condition people to uphold a bunch of negative aspects of ego such as selfishness, vengeance, etc.

It seems to me like a lot of what we call "progress" is further descent from many of the positive aspects of man. I mean, I don't deny that it is progress technologically but I feel like we have spiritually regressed a whole lot.

yeah i mean people from /pol generally use christianity as a unifying identity of people with european roots. it’s not something you’ll find that much in europe unless in the most rovent anti-islamists that somehow define themselves using islam as a negative benchmark.

generally speaking about people, 99% of them who believe in god do it out of irrationality and tradition, i can’t describe you briefly the complex phenomenon that is religion though! and you know us humans have tons of ugly mixes of emotions that can’t be tamed even with the most cute spiritual props by jesus or other gurus

^this. i wish we were more simple about lots of things but ya know prosperity brings ornaments like what ifs and neuroses

The major error in this entire exercise, is that people with above average/exceptional IQ would never stoop to wasting their time on Veeky Forums. We are all Bozos on this bus.

And then we have faux attempts to rekindle this lost spirituality with a lot of liberal ideologies that spew fake-compassion as a means of virtue-signaling. I don't like that I really don't. People have grown very detached from one another and understandably so but I have noticed there is a great resistance to returning towards a more spiritually healthy sense of being. I've asked people why they refuse compassion and they told me that hatred was necessary for self-preservation. I don't really believe that. I think that it's very masculine to consider compassion as a purely juvenile trait and I don't mean that in a good way. It seems we have grown very nihilistic. But this is me obviously talking from a very spiritual perspective. I genuinely do believe that man's purpose is ultimately to return to God. And naturally, this can only be done by forsaking those shitty aspects of ourselves that have allowed civilization to "progress" so thoroughly. Any takes on this?

Power is life's end goal. Knowedge is power.

It certainly is! But what higher knowledge is there than gnosis? I think this is all very interesting. I like how people's view on the nature and justification of man's being is dependent heavily on their belief of man's end goal in life. I think that's really cool honestly I like learning this shit.

progress is the most rarefied ideology of humankind. it’s usually brought up about technology/capitalism but ultimately it’s also very christian. it’s an eschatological way of perceiving time. people regard their beliefs as the ones which will produce the more progress: the capitalist would say its about making the wolrd prosper with richness and over customizable happiness, the normie liberal will say it’s eliminating gender or forcing interracial marriage, a fascist might describe progress as acquiring more power and so on. fundamentally everyone who reasons in progress terms is convinced he’s going somewhere and the others are backwards. i’m so clinically depressed that from my perspective all time is ethernity and everyone else is spinning their wheels to nowhere but hey maybe i’m just talking from my stagnation

sure?

Those are one and the same. Concrete knowledge is turning man into god. Chemistry is witchcraft. Math is the language of god and the more eloquent we become the more powerful. That is why the feeble are useless and eugenics is attractive. Without the fat of the undesirables, humanities potential may grow faster.

Hey wow that's a really cool take I never thought of that way. What lead you to that conclusion? Any books to recommend?

I see what you're getting at but it's sort of ironic to me. I don't think anyone who's achieved gnosis would believe in trying to prevent other men from achieving it. I think you're looking at this more like achieving singularity is the purpose of man rather than man just returning to God? Am I off in assuming this? To me it sounds like you're saying "Kill off the idiots so we can reach God on earth faster". I don't really know how IQ correlates with achieving gnosis honestly. Do you see where I'm coming from though? I'm arguing that those with gnosis would be too compassionate as a result of achieving this state to want to eliminate other human beings. It seems to me like you must have some knowledge of the occult so what do you think? I just really doubt that enlightened or just generally spiritually healthy people would see killing off other humans as the path to Oneness. Maybe to advancement in science but eh.

In terms of military excellence, eugenics worked for the Spartans.

and then it didn't :(

All scientism is bullshit. Never trust somebody who claims to be 'scientific' or 'objective', they are moralizers and ought to be smashed like moralizers.
/pol/tards belong in a blender.
'muh progress' isn't Christian you fucking retard.

i don’t know, that’s just my impression. you might find 101 zen stories spot on, i ching, tao te ching. if you’re willing, notes from the underground has a political undertone against hyper rationality and the illusion of progress. but you know those are just reads who confirm my pre existing assumptions.

Thanks for these man I appreciate it.

eugenics is a spiritual concept, ancient understanding of blood and the body user. This was known by the Greek ruling classes and the ancients of Eurasia

the perception of time as a progression to one starting point to a final one. greeks and other culture had a ciclical view of time, for example. you are retarded angsty and ignorant, you read two words couples together in a way you can’t process.

We are soon going to read minds and delve inward using technology to create a new universe that exists within a system of our own making. Life spirals infinitely inward.

You're thinking humans will last long enough to create technology with the potential of simulating God's power? Where'd you get that idea?

Like it sounds like you're saying life is an infinite cycle of God creating man, man becoming God and creating man, so on and so forth.

we can already read minds. AI can basically do that, not in the magical way but it already can predict what you think, the things you’ll say, the words you’ll use. the CIA and NSA implement technology so advanced it can recognize people by their sentence structure almost as precisely as with finger tips.

That's cool and spooky but that's hardly mind reading, just pattern recognition no?

This is a cool take but sounds a lot like human arrogance. I don't think we can comprehend God through science. Your idea would be plausible if that was but I don't really see any basis in it.

they can also read your physiognomy now with algos and predict if you're going to rob or kill someone. exciting stuff!

it’s very predictive so it’s some kind of weapon with which you can outwit your enemies by knowing their fears, their motives, their lies. it’s the closest to mind reading we’ve gotten to and basically serves the same controlling and manipulative purpose. when they spy on people they do it real time to see how you write... the time you take for doing so, what you delete, what you rephrase, words you change before sending. it’s creepy

There is no way to know what is happening outside of our current system. "Man" could exist in a different form in our prior reality while the one we create may be lesser to the one we inhabit. Our brains have higher dimensional structures in which we store data. Who is to say that this is not an analog to say compression algorithms we could instill in our digital universe. And time itself is an illusion. Who is to say that our universe exists in but an instant in the upper reality. We don't have to exist "long" enough when the reality which we create could exist within a nanosecond and yet dilate to near infinity because time is infinately divisible.

i fucking want to be immortal. that would solve 100% of my problems.

We will figure that out soon. What I wonder is if it is possible to link consiousness in a structured way which would dissolve ego and the illusion of time in a way which would allow us to view reality as a whole without the linear limitations of our current selves. Consciousness as is isn't powerful enough to understand this phenomena when utilizing psychedelics, however I think that a collective consiousness could do so.

>if all time is eternally present, all time is unredeemable

i don’t know why should we desire that

We would see the integral of time which would allow us to see the structure which lies behind it. What if we then applied mathematics to this? What could be learned? Could we assend it and enter the upper dimensions?

I disagree with you entirely. And phenomena is the plural of phenomenon.

You just don't see time for what it is. Think of time in our comprehension as being like a movie. We run the film. But what if one could step back and view it in it's entirety all at once in a way that reveals the film it is printed on? We would discover the protectionist booth. It is an application of math that we need better tools to measure. If our current consciousness cannot comprehend the fourth dimension then perhaps a collective hyper-consiousness could by using individuals like neurons.

>I don't really understand why Europeans are so in favor of this when they are just average in IQ and physique
What the fuck are you talking about?

No it isn't.
Stop spewing bad philosophy. Eliade was a hack and so was whoever he got this awful idea from.

>greek concept of time is circular
>christian concept of time is linear

man this are the most basic and entry level notions

>I don't really understand why Europeans are so in favor of this
What? Who said eugenics was popular in Europe?

Best post
You can't say 'good' without also giving some kind of purpose. 'Good (for the best)', vs. 'good (for the most)' is a quality vs quantity argument which can't actually be resolved without a debate about purpose first.

Generally the people who believe in a cold logic being the highest gift humanity was ever given, and the reason for all our greatest achievements, aren't actually very smart. They tend to be the nu-atheist types you find on reddit who default to a reductionist view of life because of all sorts of reasons, but usually none of them are actually very good reasons at all.