Cormac McCarthy

Cormac McCarthy

Now you ain't even trying

Okay, so my take is that this face is a social media-influenced thing. People here have suggested different politically-loaded theories, but nah, I think it's mainly a result of social media. It comes from people constantly photographing themselves now, with the explicit awareness that it'll be seen on facebook, and the upbeat, 'fun' tone / image they're trying to maintain.

You see similar qualities exhibited in a kind of upbeat speaking style on youtube - and also in those little thumbnail images that advertise the videos - making those exaggerated expressions / reactionfaces.

As far as this aesthetic, just think of all the constituent elements: geek culture, poptimist 'chick' culture, social media + trying to appear fun and social, a new online professionalism / strategies to maximize appeal and views online... Throw it all together and you're going to get this expression.

It's pointless to hate the people making this face, although I've never liked that kind of phony upbeat image in the corporate world, and it def doesn't appeal to me. Honestly, I think the real difference between people more likely to make the face, and those more likely to be put off by it, is the difference between extroverts and introverts. Like, "reddit" nerds are probably more extroverted geeks, whereas "Veeky Forums" ones are more likely more introverts.

STOP STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP.
Cuck, soyboy, numale have lost all meaning, the words and the stupid pictures like these that surround them have become like gadflies endlessly tormenting

>Trying to philosophize a meme
>psued confirmed
>autist comfirmed

The forced Veeky Forums meme isn't the point. The point is more just that tone and expression you get in social media. Stupid shit about 'soyboys' is irrelevant, the guy pushing that is literally a pedophile, actually. The point is just that stupid expression that the more extroverted 'geek culture' types do seem to make a lot being related to social media.

stop. this meme is hideous, repulsive, and should not exist.

This makes sense

you are retardd

Whoms't?

Would it kill you to make your shitposting fun?

Doesn't negate your autism, friendo. You're trying to be insightful on Veeky Forums. Go write a book about it and make a million, millennials love that shit.

No samefagging.

Oh are you one of those guys who thinks that thought should always only be pertaining to old fashioned Classical-type subjects and never at least briefly consider some of the things that surround you? I'm all for big ideas too but when some idiot is force meming that image, and trying to make it all "soyboys blah blah!" my thought is just that obviously it's just people pandering to facebook and twitter contexts. And sure it's totally lame looking but whatever, I ignore people like that.

sad

>I am trying to be insightful on the state of meme culture
>being this dense
>lacking this much self-awareness

>I am trying to be insightful

Stop projecting intentions or motivations. Something is there so I thought about it for a moment, and posted my thought.

And you're obviously trolling, but I'm sure you're also the guy posting/forcing that face and pushing all the 'soyboy' political larping anyways, which makes you a creepy insufferable cunt.

>getting at all invested in an argument about a meme
>on Veeky Forums
>still sperging

Not feeling too good lately, are you?

what DID he mean by this?

Bonus round: ask yourself who is the primary demographic on soshit media

The unmitigated gall...

guess you got bored

Holy shit Huxley was right!

t. Soyboy

i really, really like these threads OP
please keep it up until the mods catch on start insta-banning