Is finding Christ about "fake it till you make it"? How do I take the leap?

Is finding Christ about "fake it till you make it"? How do I take the leap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pDDQOCXBrAw&t=2h04m25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a long process, a process of developing a habit of christian thinking.
At some point I realized that I already believed in God, I was just afraid to admit it lest it force me to change my ways.

Faith is a gift, a supernatural virtue infused into the soul by God that strengthens it to believe what God has revealed. You cannot produce this gift in your soul by your own power, but you can prepare your soul for receiving it by humbling yourself.

Unless you have a religious epiphany where you suddenly accept Christ, yes. You'll often hear phrases like "faith is a muscle you have to exercise", "your faith needs time to grow", "God works in his own time", "you already believe in God, you just need to realise it", and so on. As this guy said it's about essentially training yourself to think as a Christian.

Does that make it true? That's for you to think about.

>Guys, is it possible to brainwash myself?

>Yes, I brainwashed myself so well that I've even convinced myself that I always believed the thing I brainwashed myself to believe

>You just have to make yourself as receptive as possible to brainwashing

They're just larping they don't actually believe in god

Act as though he exists.

Reddit: the post and image.

>your religion is an accessory to a contrived self-image

Read the gospel of john

Bitter brainwashed larper: the post

It is essentially a choice, prove to me that it isn't. And then prove to me that my choice is objectively worse than yours.

You shouldn't choose to try to make yourself belief this thing or that thing, you should choose to honestly pursue the truth.

>*tips*
>I see that i have met a fellow rational intellectual

GODS NOT REEAL
WUBA BUBA BUB DUB
BRAAAAAAAAAAP

>Brainwashing is said to reduce its subject’s ability to think critically or independently,[1] to allow the introduction of new, unwanted thoughts and ideas into the subject’s mind,[2] as well as to change his or her attitudes, values, and beliefs.

>I'm looking to change my attitudes, values, and beliefs without thinking critically
>It's a long process, a process of developing a habit of shutting out non-Christian thoughts
>Don't think independently! Faith is a gift from God!

holy fuck. levels of reddit unseen on this board.

>Brainwashing is said to reduce its subject’s ability to think critically or independently,[1] to allow the introduction of new, unwanted thoughts and ideas into the subject’s mind,[2] as well as to change his or her attitudes, values, and beliefs.
Sounds like public schooling, clearly we have to dismantle the system and homeschool our kids.

Veeky Forums - literature
religitards fuck off

What a strange coincidence, I was just thinking heavily about this yesterday. Anyways, there are five types of believers I've met

1-) Ignorant (willfully or otherwise), children fit into this category, etcetera
2-) Believes there is a suppression of evidence, into conspiracy theories and /x/-tier supernatural stuff, thinks scientists are hiding things, usually pretty based
3-) Rejects science and/or logic, says those things take as much as faith as anything else, say that nothing could ever convince them that Christianity isn't the way, say that if something makes you doubt, you should stop doing it, often against books
4-) In favor of logic, though their arguments are not always so convincing- most of the time, they believe that evolution is real and that some parts of the Bible are "metaphorical" or "allegorical" and so on
5-) Some kind of combination of the above

I don't know, Veeky Forums, I've been thinking of brainwashing myself lately. After reading some Jed McKenna, I've finally realized that I don't care about truth. Or at least most of me doesn't care about it. I just want to be happy, I'm not going to eviscerate myself with a thorough de-spooking.

>Maybe if I just smugly throw around the right hackneyed jokes and buzzwords then it will count as an argument!
Utterly atrocious attempt at a comparison, leave and re-think this very carefully.

What is religion but the literature of the soul brother user?

You have to develop your own understanding, which means understanding with the heart.

>Fake till you make it
You really don't understand religion if you think you can fake it and ever make it.
>Oi I'm a Buddhist now lads, I feel so enlightened
>I'm definitely experiencing that post ego what not and such
>No for real

No you stupid aestheticist faggot.

Read Pascal, brainlet. If you participate in the rituals of a religion, it's more likely you'll develop faith in the teachings of that religion. This is just sociologically true

whites who follow Christianity are as detrimental to society as neocons

peganism is our native religion
dont listen to jews, moron, be a warrior

This. When I first started watching anime I was convinced that it was all a massive waste of time, but then I began browsing /a/ and, with time, I developed a taste for cute bishounen that was far more fervent than even the biggest, and gayest veterans of that community.

Found the /pol/acks.

Faith is not at all supernatural lol

This is how it can be done OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=pDDQOCXBrAw&t=2h04m25s

If the timestamp doesn't work it's at 2:04:25 you want to start. Yes, this is a memeson video, but he's not the one we're listening to right now.

>Is finding Christ about "fake it till you make it"?

No.

It's about reading his teachings, aspiring to live the way he did, and through natural consequence understand why he taught what he taught.

Truly the Aquinas of our age

You're correct, desu. Both public schooling and religion are mostly propaganda whose purpose is to keep the sheep in line and organized.

>Just ask yourself, COULD it be true?
Ah, the same rhetorical device used by such great philosophical works as History Channel's Ancient Aliens.

>Is finding Christ about "fake it till you make it"?
Yes, that's how I remember it as a former Christian.
Follow your confirmation bias wherever it leads, and mostly read texts that agree with Christian teachings. I definitely encountered a lot of non-Christian ideas, but the arguments would trigger a prepared default Christian response, to defend my fragile faith.

It's not the worst thing you can believe in either. I give it a 6/10.

go talk to your average atheist engineer or biologist they’re even more brainwashed than most christ fag proles. im not religious, i don’t believe in god or heaven, but ive noticed most irreligious types replace religion with utilitarian morality, politics and entertainment media. this is cliché at this point to say but you know its true

you say brainwash as if you were capable of absolutely exclusive reasoning from the start and your current mode of thought isn't just a product of time and place

Heh, good point.

I view it like this: When you act in the world you ground that acting on your presumptions about the world. Those ways are mostly based on your past, successfull experiences.
But how do you handle the unknown? Sometimes you need to act in a manner that you can't ground in something you have observed. This is where faith enters the picture. Faith gives you a solid (maybe not always...) ground for acting under unfamiliar circumstances. What you get out of it is a way of acting that can make you more successfull than you would otherwise have been.

And a note more on point: A belief in god is not the same thing as belief in aliens. And the implications of holding (and acting in accordance with) such beliefs are vastly different.

It is true, it is true. But I wouldn't call that brainwashing because it's not really imposed by any particular entity, as far as I see. Rather, the culture and its unexamined ideology guide people to those conclusions.

Pedantics. You know what we're talking about.

Religion is probably more like self-hypnosis.

I’m gonna waste my life getting into christianity. It will be a very long time, and i just have to accept that i wasn’t priviledged to have been born in a christian family. Don’t blame me, you have it easier than me. I was born and raised muslim, and i struggled to quit it. Life is short and it’s not worth it to get into christianity. Lots of things in that religion don’t make sense and i’m not gonna force myself to get into it.

>But how do you handle the unknown? Sometimes you need to act in a manner that you can't ground in something you have observed. This is where faith enters the picture. Faith gives you a solid (maybe not always...) ground for acting under unfamiliar circumstances.
I disagree. If you can't justify certainty, the solution is not to assume unjustified certainty. E.g. if you come to a fork in the road and have no idea which way to go, you'd be justified in taking either path, but not in believing the path you chose is the right one. Also, I wouldn't consider the New Testament something that requires completely different heuristics from other claims of supernatural events.

*i’m NOT gonna waste my life

my question for christians:

is there any argument for why i should be christian independent of the existence of god? i already believe in god, but i dont see any reason to believe the christian church is the way to him

Using scripture to explain life and what is happening right now, personal and other events, requires foolishness. Yet, it requires wisdom to be able to read the Bible in its entirety.

Why are you so sure that a life without Jesus isn't best described as "wasted"?
It could easily be the other way around.

there are plenty of people who find faith over a stretched period of time. Don't worry friend :)

>no ur reddit!

>anything that slightly goes against christianity is reddit