Are there any similar phenomenons in history like Jordan Peterson's popularity?

At this point he could honestly start a cult and his fans would carry out anything he says no matter what it is. I feel sucked in by his mesmerising talks and his orating skill. I never used to give a shit about biblical stories but now I feel like I want to be religious. Its fucking scary how this guy sucks you in. I spend literally hours every day listening to repeats of his podcasts and every YouTube clip that features him. I cannot get enough of this guy.

He's a father figure, what do you expect.

Yeah, guy who stutters every second is a real great orator.

The western male has become a puppy in comparison to his ancestor wolves.

>Are there any similar phenomenon
Scientology

kek

>Having a crush on peterson
Now, that is pathetic.

I find it odd that people would become religious after listening to his biblical lectures, I acquired a newfound appreciation for the stories but he never came off as proselytizer, more like a guy who just wanted to dissect the texts with his background in clinical psychology.
Im annoyed that he tends to repeat himself quite all the time, but I assume you would have if you gained followers every time you farted and journos decided to start a media blitz about it.

People stick with him because he can really hit close to home and most people dont know how to articulate whats wrong with them, anons like to parrot the Jim meme about him being a surrogate father figure but this is all stuff somebody should have inculcated into you already, and he is just filling the gaps because western education is a fucking joke.

I dont think he is that convincing.

>Are there any similar phenomenon
Any culture/counter culture at any point in time.

Ah good! Another brainlet sink thread!

Hey if anyone wants to check out /pol/ I'm going to leave this link here!
Enjoy the discussion ;)

woah...deep

he isnt convincing, he isnt persuasive either. but he commands respect even if you dont agree with him.

Jordan
Peterson's popularity is due to thr rising number of kids raised by single mothers. Single mothers being a rarity in the past, he has no past equivalent.

You. I like you.

He was the right person at the right time. He's had thousands and thousands of hours talking to people since that's what his real job is and he's also lectured. The result of which is that he does not speak in a monotone voice like other intellectuals because he understands that is not how people speak normally or how people who are actually engaged in what they are speaking, speaks. And now that Youtube became a thing and people don't read anymore, his ramblings can spread like wildfire. So he was there willing to use technology and be able to speak clearly and with emotions that people follow him. His ideas are not revolutionary in themselves only that he is able to present it to the greater population who has not read Jung, Nietzsche and so on.

>Single mothers being a rarity in the past
That's a funny joke, user.

/thread desu

>Falling for the "Hitler convinced millions of Germans to be militantly Pan-German and hate Jews because he was just that good of an orator meme"
>Hating JBP this much
Holy shit will Veeky Forums ever stop being assblasted that a leaf professor in psychology is trying to popularize his thought by introducing people to easy to consume 201 level media he makes? Yes, normies like to read as well get over it

>Divorce rates and birthday out of wedlock being the same then as they are now
That's a funny joke user

Hitler was so great. Mein Kampf is a really good book too.

He's too one note. So once you watch maybe 20-30 of his videos you get the whole picture.

As for your question: yes, professors like Hegel had a huge following during their day. You could even consider figures like Wordsworth to be similar. However, unlike now that following was limited by proximity and level of education. Nowadays the entire public is 'the educated' partly because you learn very little in the course of getting a degree so there's little difference between a high school grad and a college grad on the level of knowledge (in the humanities) and also because so many more people are earning degrees. Obviously, he's not quite on the level of influence of Marx or anyone like that.

>mesmerising talks and orating skill
>Its fucking scary how this guy sucks you in
what?
you sure you arent talking about ben shapiro(who, unlike /b/eterson is indeed a great rhetorician)
also i dont really think peterson has formed a cult, his audience criticizes him seldom in his yt videos (especially when he talks about religion). they just pertain to an anti-sjw ideology and need someone to represent them, thats all
dont really know why would someone unironically think its a cult (because i know most of you just wanna exagerate it). he is simply the gordian knot the sjws cant disentangle so he gets targeted a lot-by both sides
heck, i cant even see what sort of charm does peterson possess to be a cult leader