I'm a 20 something year old college student who likes to read, so I'm pretty much better than anyone I know...

I'm a 20 something year old college student who likes to read, so I'm pretty much better than anyone I know. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this man, despite being a respected professor who has taught at Harvard, and published numerous papers, while also maintaining a clinical practice, is a pseudo intellectual. I know for sure that he's a pseudo intellectual because he doesn't agree with me. He's certainly not as intelligent as I am, my professors probably wouldn't even agree with him, lol. I'm smart.

Well you are not wrong.

Ah, another truly smart person. I know the people on Veeky Forums are really smart because I've read their submissions in the frequent writing threads on this board, and they're very good.

I'm a 20 something year old college student who likes to read, so I'm pretty much better than anyone I know. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this man, despite being a respected PHD who has studied at Harvard, and published numerous papers, while also maintaining a rich publishing career, is a pseudo intellectual. I know for sure that he's a pseudo intellectual because he doesn't agree with me. He's certainly not as intelligent as I am, my professors probably wouldn't even agree with him, lol. I'm smart.

Yes, this practicing physicist and P.H.D is not a pseudo intellectual. He's more educated and intelligent than 99.9% of Veeky Forums; I'm sorry.

>He confuses popularity with intelligence.

>soriritygirlslaughing.jpg

>He confuses actual credentials with 'popularity'
Let me know when Harvard hires you bro. I'm sure you're much more intelligent and qualified than Peterson.

>wow he disagreed with 'me' so he must be stupid, while I am smart (I agree with myself about everything)

>practicing physicist
He's not practicing. He ran a planetarium and now works in media.

Being proficient in one field doesn't make you a genius in all others

>Ad hominem

Ya fair enough. From what I understand his credentials are pretty piss-poor as well, and he's, more or less, a product of affirmative action. Not too similar to Peterson in that case.

So credentials as a psychologist means your film theory and political science are above critique?

So the average Veeky Forums poster, who is proficient in literally no field, is more intelligent than this man based on what criteria?

>AAND THE QUAAD, WHAT A MONSTER

No, but his intelligence isn't really up for debate, and he's certainly not a pseudo intellectual. I mean, do you even know what words like 'pseudo' and 'intellectual' mean? A career academic who has taught at Harvard and made his entire living through scholarship for decades is a real intellectual, like it or not.

You're only 20 but I guarantee you're going to have a steep learning curve a head of you when someone obliterates you IRL

But shitposting is a field :^)

>he's certainly not a pseudo intellectual
He doesn't understand half of the things he talks about. He's a psychologist who likes to pretend he's a philosopher. See: his meme understanding of Godel, Heidegger and Derrida.

He's sullied his credentials by engagin in sophistic pandering so his father-craving acolytes keep shelling out Patreon money. "Intellectual" requires a degree of self-evaluating critique and reason that would have stopped cold absurd assertions that Frozen is propaganda, Twitter pranks are treasonous, or that pronouns are Stalinism. He cut his teeth as an intellectual, but he traded that for the life of another pundit hack.

You're the exact person this thread is satirizing.

You're just an idiot.

He knows psychology, he doesn’t know postmodernism.
He was so outmatched in the conversation he had with Pagile it wasn’t funny.

I'm assuming you're referring to Camille Paglia, another extremely intelligent and incisive academic.

Here's what she has to say about Peterson by the way, but I'm sure you know much better:
>"Jordan Peterson is the most important and influential Canadian thinker since Marshall McLuhan. - Camille Paglia

This thread is somehow implying that one needs God knows what credentials to see that Memerson is a pseud. It also implies that people with good academic positions can't be pseuds, which is very funny because it shows that the OP had never had to with academics.

Anyone else tired of SJW's and PC ruining everything??? Thank god we have BASED peterson to BTFO the neomarxist postmodernists. Thats right im a CLASSICAL liberal. Build the postmodernist killing AI. JORDON PETERSON and Nietzsche not Derrida, Foucault, Adorno (and
DEFINITLy not Nietzsche).

never had to deal*

Alright then, what makes him a pseud, and what specifically is he incorrect about. Be very specific please.

I already said it in