Help me out here Veeky Forums. My gf bought me a copy of Ulysses for my birthday...

Help me out here Veeky Forums. My gf bought me a copy of Ulysses for my birthday, but it's the Manga Classic Readers edition. I know this likely isn't the preferred text for most people, but will I be missing out on anything significant if I just go ahead and read this version instead of the 1922 annotated Oxford text? I want to get the most out of my reading, but I also don't want to have to buy anything else so I think just reading the manga classic seems like a decent compromise

10/10

KEK'D

Your gf is a pleb, she should know Moby Dick is the true classic of japanese manga.

So I assume the guy in the top left is Dedalus, but which one is Bloom?

Are there more of these?

D-damn...

Post the masturbation page

A proper Moby Dick comic with cetology diagrams and shit could actually be really good.

How did I not know these existed?

No post the page where Bloom describes his dick and pubes as a blossoming flower

Not Op, but here. My edition is in portuguese, any more requests?

hmmm what the fuck

Honestly, I wouldn't mind re-reading it as manga. But yeah, you should at the very least have a real copy that you read next to this

Describing the trajectories of urination in the penultimate chapter

>someone on this board unironically owns this abortion
Goodbye Veeky Forums

Is it bad that I want to read these first as the originals and then these manga versions?

Show a fart joke

Why? It seems like a reasonable medium for the story

The scene where bloom takes a shit.

Actually good

Huck Finn looks like THAT?!?!?

>it's real

>Not reading wordsworth

It's not a joke?

I'm quite surprised they don't have a version of lolita.

>My gf
This is where the joke breaks the credulity barrier.

I'm afraid so.
There aren't any. Have a meme.

HAHAHA

I'm certain you'll have more fun from it than the Spark/Cliff notes of it. No, it doesn't substitute the book itself. One day you might want to pick it up. If it's for enjoyment, you aren't doing anything wrong.

pic related is both a gem and the gold standard.

Maybe there is no gold standard, but it's still a damn good rendition.

Post stuff from the brothel scene

I posted this on Veeky Forums like a year ago and nobody gave a shit! Cool that people are noticing it now though because I think it's hilarious. It's actually not so bad, some of the Japanese takes on the events in Ulysses are entertaining, like the page with Bloom's wife being a demon serpent thing.

Oh there it is. But why is it in fucking spanish?

The guy just said he owns the Portuguese version. Jesus does no one on this board know how to read.

Ok just stop yelling at me! For fucks sake!

Post the illustration of when he gets cucked.

>Dr. Yueh, I'm CHOAM

kek

It exists user.

real question
I got a "students edition" of ulysses.
is the text censored? I hope not

Usually a students edition means that it will be easier for a student to follow along with the text in class, for instance numbering sections.
The text won't be censored, or at least I'd find it very odd if it was.

>i'm so fucked up

Did they do a manga Don Quixote?