Is the Hong's The Essential Kierkegaard any good? How bad are the cuts? Is the secondary material any good?

Is the Hong's The Essential Kierkegaard any good? How bad are the cuts? Is the secondary material any good?

I'll lick those

>harry potter

You do realize that by using those pictures to generate attention you aren't going to generate attention anymore so from good people right?

I only need one decent reply and those morons keep bumping the thread.

source

Any Kierkegaard is good. Obviously full text has benefits, but do you think you'll read it otherwise?

awhhh move the feet pls that girl has a really pretty face and that makes me happy you know i just wish i had a girl to talk to me i want to hear their soft voice and lit up eyes awhhh man

I've already read most of his works in full, and I've enjoyed the Hong books, but they've been all from the library. I'd like to have some Kierkegaard for reference at home, so I'd like to know how bare-bones that edition is.

Your posts are a fucking plague. The next time I see you post I swear to god I will go out, find the first girl and scare the shit out of her. It's 5 AM and I'm 200 pounds and 6'3 and look like a scary motherfucker. Trust me, you do not want this. Go back to r9k.

>he thinks the point was to actually have a thread about literature in the first place

also this cunt's arches are too high, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing

sage

Unattractive feet. Crude, skeletal. The worst expressions of femininity. Cruel-looking. Deformity that can never be described as beautiful, only appeal to the depraved cumbrain of someone deprived of all grace and tenderness.

If you get even a single good post I'll be impressed

You'd fuck her. Unless mom made you emotionally impotent

you piece of shit i hate you so much

footfags should be sent to concentration camps and slaughtered by the numerous execution machines that the nazis used during the holocaust

Don’t project your own low standards and desperation onto others, at least not so nakedly. And no, I wouldn’t, I’m a faggot.

This method of asking questions has a pretty good success rate so far.

I haven't read their anthology, but the Hongs' translation of Kierkegaard is definitive for modern English speakers. Reading Kierkegaard is so enjoyable, I can't imagine reading bits and pieces of different texts spliced together.

However, if you want a quicker-and-dirtier guide to Kierk, I'd recommend the following—

Either/Or, Bk I:
>Preface
>Diapsalmata
>Rotation of Crops
>The Seducer's Diary
Either/Or, Bk. II:
>all of it
The Sickness Unto Death:
>the first half; that is, up until "Despair is Sin"
Fear and Trembling:
>all of it

By this point, I'd imagine you have a good grasp on whether or not you like Kierkegaard. If you do, then read Part II, Section II, Chapters II-IV of "Concluding Unscientific Postscripts." Then, just read Works of Love and you've covered the spectrum of Kierkegaard's thought. There exist some further, beautiful expositions in The Concept of Anxiety, Two Ages, and Repetition, but that is for you to choose after everything before.

If you're a faggot then your opinion on how attractive females are is completely invalid

Who cares about projecting? I like femdoms and strap-ons. I tried being gay too, it didn't work so I envy you, because men are easy

jeez guys sorry about being me i didnt know it made so many people angry are you sure you arent mad from something about yourself?

Why did you delete those lovely feet

Mods.
Obviously my anger is from a hatred of past-self. Doesn't make you any less of a fucking niggardly white knight though,

oh im not a white knight and i cant make a pretty delineation for you but believe me the affected naive innocence comes from a different place than potential partnership its hard to explain but if i was a good knight then i would put real effort in whereas this is a complete lack of any effort just an honest effusion
unless youre just confined within some vernacular paradigm and slapped on that silly label because i was being nice to girls :3