After co-founding the Jhalak prize for non-white writers...

>After co-founding the Jhalak prize for non-white writers, and editing the hugely successful essay collection The Good Immigrant, author Nikesh Shukla teamed up with his agent Julia Kingsford to propose a radical solution to the UK’s monocultural publishing industry: The Good Agency. Their plan for a literary agency for under-represented authors – overlooked because of their their race, class, disabled status or sexuality – was greeted with a passionate public response, and almost £600,000 in funding from Arts Council England

Is Nikesh Shukla, dare I say it, our guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2017/dec/30/bestsellers-2017-top-100-philip-pullman-jamie-oliver-margaret-atwood
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>underrepresented minorities
Yeah, even though that's all who fucking gets published.
Europe for the Europeans, you bunch of twisities.

Ummm sweetie that's not a cool thing to say. Retract and apologize and we'll try and find it in our hearts to forgive you mmkay?

>600.000
But that's basically nothing. How is he going to accomplish anything?

Ummm sweetie £600,000 is a very large tax-funded donation from the Arts Council to help oppressed BAME writers to be heard loud and clear by the boring, embarrassing, privileged so-called "white" British ruling class majority.

His smug face is not very pleasant.

Umm that's kinda racist sweetie, try again!

His / her facial expression is, if i would define it by anything, smug.

>checks UK bestseller list, Guardian top 100 2017
>1: Jamie Oliver, white guy
>2: David Walliams, white guy
>3: Shari Lapena, white woman
>4: David Walliams again
>5: Dan Brown, translucent guy
>6: Lee Child, white guy
>7: Guinness World Records, beer guy
>8: Yuval Noah Harari, white guy/Jew
>9: Jeff Kinney, white guy
>10: Philip Pullman, white guy
>11: Paula Hawkins, white woman
>12: Margaret Atwood, white woman
>13: David Walliams, AGAIN
>14: Clare Mackintosh, white woman
>15: David Walliams, ...
>16: John Grisham, white guy
>17: Joe Wicks, white guy

and so on and so on

Source: theguardian.com/books/2017/dec/30/bestsellers-2017-top-100-philip-pullman-jamie-oliver-margaret-atwood

Your post shows the typical internet-neoreactionary brainlet persecution complex, I suggest you don't copy everything you read on the internet

Is The Good Immigrant a good book?

Ummm sweetie the list would be different if more POC / BAME writers were being published. It's time to start a revolution honey, I suggest you get on the #rightsideofhistory

That must be the most pathetic attempt at 'trolling' I've seen here

Of course it is. What a divisive question!

It would be nice if people fact checked before quoting what they've heard on Breitbart.

Thanks for the post.

What did /ourguy/ mean by this?

>tfw you suck so hard that you have to make a prize for yourself to even get recognition

How embarrassing

most definitely not ourguy, thanks for the bait though

Nobody cares

He's right. White culture has died. Progress has stopped. We need to replace white men so we can make some actual progress for the first time in centuries.

Agreed 110% (if that's even possible haha!)

>overlooked because of their their race, class, disabled status or sexuality
Are they gonna prove this to be the case?

They're not, are they?

>bestseller list

So that indicates who is published?

POL BTFO

Anyway /pol/ tries to respond to this is worse than actually just saying nothing. There's a dignity in silence that is lost when some shrieking idiot says
>What you don't understand about the publishing industry is...

Institutionalizing race-based merit is just another way of perpetuating structural racism. This plan will just be an isolated island for non-white people to proclaim their non-whiteness. It sets up POC and LGBTQ as against 'normal' and therefore upholds 'normal' as white and straight. I don't understand how these people don't realize this. Probably something to do with that Audre Lorde quote about not being able to destroy the master's house with the master's tools. Hurr durr we have to come up with our own conception of race to counteract the colonial conception of race. It's just more racism and division you stupid fuckers.

the snivelling genderblobs and whiny upper middleclass brown bitches with ad agency gigs(seriously nigga works for something called the GOOD agency i'm not kidding) are actually making major bank off their victimhood complexes. It's all so transparent and banal. I think I'm allowed to literally HATE the LGBT community as a sort of compensation. Aren't those freaks insufferable? I'll be fine with them if they just got fucked in the ass and shut up about it, but no, they want to be placed on a pedestal and shove cultural marxism down children's throats.

>BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE IM BROWN!!!

Now thats what I call progress

That would be true if you assume that the legacy publishers remain in business, but if the new multiculti publishing houses end up dominating the industry then they will become the new normal.

>the typical internet-neoreactionary brainlet persecution complex

HAhahah Jesus Christ man, dont fucking put your brain in a twist trying to argue some tool on the internet

Take it easy there, reverse Hitler.