What actually died on the cross?

What actually died on the cross?

A world without cults.

a jew?

How so?

the only christian

death

The free world.

God died on the cross. Church is all that is left.

Pilate

Christianity significantly reduced the number of cults in the world.

No, Constantine did that. Early Christianity had many schools each adopting radically different doctrine.

Nothing died. Jesus turned into a zombie.

>implying the greeks weren't full cult tier at that time with their dumb mysteries

Three criminals

Nothing because Jesus didn't exist

>Nothing because Jesus didn't exist

>nobody here has actually read the Gospels
it was Jesus you dumb cunts

Jesus was a jew soooo
(I assume that's who you're speaking of, because most people on Veeky Forums wouldn't be speaking of the penitent thief)

a collection of atoms with specific spatio temporal coordinates

A dissident and traitor to Rome

>Jesus existed and died in Judea during the reign of Vespasian

which one? a bunch of people died on a bunch of crosses. some not even on purpose.

Any evidence of a divine being capable of intervening in the world.

the qualia of absolute despair and shame for those who choose to believe

Any hope of unifying all humankind.

I fail to see the problem

Is this from Evangelion?

6000 of Spartacus' men

(You) deserve to be recognized for providing the true answer.

still true but memes unite them

I would like to say,"the stigma of original sin " but that rubbish has made many a priest rich. So I will say a Martyr, not for all of us undeserving rabble,but for an ideal. That ideal being loving something so much you are willing to achieve your own painful destruction in order to spare it to others. He sincerely believed it,call it conviction or delusion, for it amounts to the same ends. In striving to gain us Heaven,I hope He made it to one Himself.

Just the latest in a line of Jewish scapegoats, promoted temporarily to "King of the Jews" to raise his sacrificial value.

Frazer explained all this a century ago. Read The Golden Bough.

Human authority. All we're left with is pure, unadulterated divine authority.

The last hope that neoliberalism might be overcome

Quality post.

It was actually three midgets in a seamless robe.

He actually meant Peter though

Nice

>Constantine did that
yeah... with Christianity

According to Nietzsche, the master mortality
But it’s probably possible that no one did. Islam says his apostles removed him from it and hid him in a cave for 3 days

Christianity started as a cult???

This

The human incarnation of the Son of God. Which he himself, is a part of god as well.

Basically God is the prime mover who is omnipresent in causality and the reason he created everything was because it was not possible not to do so seeing as it is in the divine nature to become extrapolate for the purposes of instrumentality and the consummation of things, and further it was recently revealed to us with the Christ that it is in the divine nature to become communicable to man for the purposes of man being made communicable to God. One thing is certain, if you do not die, you're not one of us, death is the context within which life, human life, carries on, so by God himself dying not only plainly and physically but also in spiritual aridity and misery, we then are able, by tracing his steps in reverse, to commune with God and participate in the beatific vision and life of the spirit which has produced a way of thinking which is extremely precarious and particular to the post-Christian civilized world. Had Christ not come, no consistent domestic life at this scale could have ever arisen, because no pre-Christian system of thought could bequeath to mankind those particular normative suppositions from which our high-academic institutions and moral standards have been born.

not by them pictures; Peter was crucified upside down

pic.

All causes for hatred and strife died on the cross, OP.

neoliberalism is the result of the secularism that came out of protestantism that came out of catholicism that came from jesus

So Jesus was the cause for hatred and strife?

No, Jesus is the mythical (eternally-dying) sacrifice that generates catharsis. To accept Christ is to forgive wrong, to let it go from you. This severs the chains of vengeance, of retribution, and why he is called the prince of peace.

Jar Jar Binks

According to the Qur'an I read in college, it was not Jesus on the cross but Judas made up to look like Jesus

Our sins

>There weren't cults before Christianity

They surely have some sort of explanation for this.
>hey we wanna kill this king of jews he sure is causing a lot of rabble
>>well let me tell you where he is
>haha okay btw we'll kill you instead if thats ok??

He was all too real

3 jewish criminals

Totally not Jewish propaganda

>he hasn't seen the shroud of Turin

The Hope of a vengeful God.

Don't make me blow the dust off my fedora folder.

bless you

the last christian died on the cross

le jesus

Hi Dan Brown.