Did people really just randomly quote or reference countless past works in normal...

Did people really just randomly quote or reference countless past works in normal, daily conversations in the past centuries, no matter how obscure or old, or is it merely the authors flexing their knowledge/sources?

a lot of cliches and common phrases are literary
>filthy lucre
KJV
>pastures new
Milton, from Lycidas
>a rose by any other name
shakespeare

some are often misquoted so juliet's line is actually
>What's in a name? That which we call a rose
>By any other word would smell as sweet

similarly
>pride goes before a fall
is really
>Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall
in KJV

there are countless examples, so many you probably won't notice a lot of them are references

It goes further than that. People were book-bluffers using phony quotes to see which people actually read what. Trying to sniff out the phonies by quoting books that don't exist is a long tradition at parties.

>The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb

There was no mass media. So most of your references were hundreds of years old.

>that fag wearing the cross

I’d sock him in his faggot mouth.

>Before the love and covenant of God, beware of leaning elbows on tables

>tables
It's
>elbows upon the meat

>protestants
errytime

doesn't sound very christian desu

GOOD GOD I HATE FAGGOTS SO MUCH. THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY OR ARE MEAN TO THEM. LIKE LOOK AT THIS GUY DRESS LIKE A NORMAL PERSON YOU MENTALLY ILL FAGGOT HOLY SHIT.

Please use your indoor voice in the library, and, if you want picture books, attend the children's library.

Lol on how many levels of insecurities do you have to be to be triggered by how someone dresses?

jesus would like him better than you

it's embarrassing

When "society" tries to tell me that's totally normal and socially acceptable.

whats wrong with wearing cute dresses and kissing cute boys in them? ;3

do you really think the guy in the pic is aiming for normal and socially acceptable?
you're proof he's successful in his aims

It's a mental illness

and having a dreamworld where you're a psychiatric board is 100% normal, especially on the internet on a site founded by a weeb who wanted to be the little girl.

If anyone here is mentally ill it's you for getting upset by how a stranger dresses. At he very least it shows fragility.

It doesn't happen as much or as fluidly as it may be portrayed in books, but probably daily I end up talking with someone and saying "that reminds me of a line from [x] that goes something like..."

I think the biggest difference between literary portrayal and reality of stuff like that is that in real life basically nobody cares, nobody knows what you're referencing, and certainly nobody knows it well enough to remember context, let alone cap it off with a response from the same writer/work. And to be fair that likely goes for you if/when other people quote stuff to you; unless it's the KJV or maybe some Shakespeare, you probably don't know it well enough to recall in an instant.

yes

Nothing, as long as they are actually cute and don't actually think they are women, or think they will ever be women.

People used to be educated, believe it or not.

Caring about other people think kek

no don't say that

I'm homosexual too. I might be gay but i dont want to look like a faggot. I just want us to be taken seriously and peoole like that don't help at all

Who cares about being taken seriously? Why not have fun? Why not be fun? I love people that dress weird, I love people that don't give a fuck.

That's the people I like to hang out with and I don't see how they are harming me or anyone else.

If everyone dressed like my accountant that would be the most boring thing in the world. And you see there is absolutely no reason for that to happen.

I dont like eccentric people and i take my job and position very seriously and i guarantee if the people i work with knew i was gay i wouldn't be where i am today.

>if you don't like what other people do you're jealous!!

to be fair, straight acting gays have always gone far in the establishment, because they're confirmed bachelors and wiling to dedicate the parts of their personal life they don't hide to working more.
maybe you'll be the next roy cohn and get to try faggots for being faggots and make a big deal of their faggotry being against the norm after they an hero.

By that logic fat weebs in Naruto headbands might be about the funnest crowd to hang out with. The less shame the better, I suppose.