Fellow wage slaves please advise

how do I live the Veeky Forums life while being a wage slave? I want to read great literature, learn one or two languages, and travel but the majority of my day is spent in an office. my mind is so fried by the end of the day all I can do is nap or watch TV.

I used to read a lot in high school and uni and since I graduated I've hardly read anything in the last few years.

one solution I came up with is to get up at 5am and do my reading, writing and studying till I go to work for 9. that way my freshest part of the day is used for my own advancement .

Become a parking attendant.

>one solution I came up with is to get up at 5am and do my reading, writing and studying till I go to work for 9. that way my freshest part of the day is used for my own advancement
That's what I do too. It's pretty much the only thing you can do short of quitting your job.

I spend around 30 hours a week working on music on top of my full-time job. You just need to be dedicated. Eventually it becomes habit and it feels wrong not to do it. Start out small. Every week increase what you do by a bit. By the time it's starting to take up a lot of time it's already and ingrained habit.

Get a mindless job; accept a cut in pay. Live with very little, spend all your money on books, paper, pens. Live without a car if you can. Wake up early, exercise, cut out all drugs. Use all your free time advancing your pursuits then go back to school to get a job that actually advances your goals while simultaneously improving in the literary goals on the side.

how long did it take for you to adjust to waking up so early?

I too have this same dilemma. So waking up early is the red pill? I bought a tape recorder so I can speak my writing while on the go instead of having to be at a desk. One think I wanted to try was music but the odds are so stacked against you that it seems impossible to make it. How are you doing iwht your pursuits? How did you start?

my brother is a musician who works on cruiseships. everyone told him not to go to school for music and I got praised for going into stem. he gets to travel the world paying drums with great musicians and getting paid very well. I sit in am office trying to figure out how to squeeze in some productive hours for myself. I'm happy for him, but I wish I made better decisions like him.
basically what I'm saying is music can be lucrative and fun.

I wake up at 5:30 am for my job. I do all my study in whatever spare time comes up at work and in the evenings.

>How did you start?
The most important thing is to learn how to practice. Just because you are putting time into it doesn't mean that it's helping you at all. You want to be as efficient as possible. Every time you practice anything you need a firm goal of what you are trying to achieve in that session. This isn't just music, this is everything. The other step is to know that ten minutes every day is better than 70 minutes one day a week.
Just start of small and efficiently and do it every day. Every week make it a bit more. In a couple of months your 30 minutes a day is two hours and you won't every have noticed it getting any harder. Two months is about the time it take for something to be ingrained as a habit.

>How are you doing iwht your pursuits?
Unfortunately there is still about 3ish years of study to go before I can effectively start life as a classical composer. It's not because I have been slacking, it's just that being a classical composer requires multiple skills that each take thousands of hours to get a middling skill at.

>One think I wanted to try was music
What do you mean exactly? It's a big world with lots of different ways of making money that require very different sets of skills.

You've got a lot which you like to pursue that's good, but instant gratification is not what you'll get. You have to take time and dedication to improve your craft and skill and intellect. I usually work 40 hours a week a spend about 2 hours writing or doing something along those lines a day, maybe not all together but during breaks or lulls in work, I get out a note book and jot ideas etc. Exercise helps as well with fatigue, even if you're physically tired, mentally you can accomplish some tasks. Take time, there's no need to rush.

Be a security guard of an abandoned building.

I'm a pseudoNEET and i get nothing done and lead a horrible sad lifestyle, its not what you think user

Audio books at work if they're allowed. Its how I spend my lunch breaks. Also keeping a pen and paper handy for your wtiting just in case is always a good idea.

The greatest writers managed to find time to write and read by living off of passive income. Find ways to get a passive income, and become a NEET spending years reading and writing.

>How do I be over worked and be Veeky Forums
You don't, have some priorities in life. Its called "higher education" for a reason, a lot of people never have the time to read what people on the board can.

>I want to read great literature

This is easy. You don't even need a physical book or dedicated e-reader. Just download books onto your smartphone. You can read while you eat or go take a shit or any time you have a few minutes.

Audio books are phenomenal for commuting.

I don't know how long your workday is, but let's say it's 12 hours altogether including work, lunch, and commuting. Let's also say you enjoy a solid 8 hours of sleep. There's 4 hours left there for you.

If you're too exhausted to read, from a day at the office, you're not healthy. Regular exercise and a consistent sleep schedule will help.

And that's just for work days. "No time to read" is a fucking joke.

>learn one or two languages

You pretty much have to set aside 30-60 minutes four days a week for this one.

>and travel

Take a vacation for anything big. Use the weekends for shorter trips. Not too complicated.

deep work has some suggestions about time-organization and avoiding distraction, including your early morning method.

I woke up 15 mins earlier every week until I got from 7 to 5. It wasn't too bad this way. After daylight savings or a long weekend/vacation it takes a few days.

Become a wizard, virginistically-so.

Be social from monday to friday with a good drink on the friday evening with the lads. Get a hooker if you really need so...

Spend every waking hour of your week-end at home reading. Want to do sport? Listen to audiobooks and literary podcasts instead of dubstep. Everything must be aimed at learning stuff. Remove all the shit subscriptions you have on youtube, listen to your ideological opponents. Throw your tv out. Delete Facebook.

SHUT YOURSELF OUT

I can confirm this works wonders.

And so how has waking up at 5 been beneficial? How long have you been doing this for and what differences in personal* productivity have you noticed?

I've been doing it for 14 months. I've learned Latin to the point that I am (slowly) reading Cicero with a dictionary.
Honestly, those 2 hours are the best part of a work day.

Stop being a wageslave, they never have worthwhile thoughts.

There is one problem with being free from wageslavery though: You might find your life so agreeable that you can barely muster the delusional dissatisfaction that cons you into believing that writing will fix your life.

Once you quit the wage bait a lot of the other false gods of our society start to crumble with it.

Stop memeing Cioran. He deserves better.

Sorry, but he's /ourguy/. The king of NEETs.

>Did you write much through all those sleepless nights?
>Yes, but not so much. You know, I’ve written very little, I never assumed it as a profession. I’m not a writer. I write these little books, that’s nothing at all, it’s not an oeuvre. I haven’t done anything in my life. I only practiced a trade for a year, I was a high-school teacher in Romania. But since, I’ve never practiced a trade. I lived just like that, like a sort of student and such. And that, I consider the greatest success of my life. My life hasn’t been a failure because I succeeded in doing nothing.

>And that’s difficult.
>It’s extremely difficult, but I consider that an immense success. I’m proud of it. I always found one scheme or another, I had grants, things like that.

>stop being a wageslave

How? Food isn’t a false god, it’s necessary.

Simple. Win the lottery.

Get a part time job and accept the poorfag lifestyle.

use the state to steal from the wageslaves. Pretend to have a mental illness that makes work impossible, but doesn't affect your life in other ways

>There's 4 hours left there for you
Four hours that includes chores such as making dinner, doing the dishes and showering. It also doesn't account for things like having a partner,exercise, social activities or having any other hobby. People need some time to unwind otherwise they burn out. It's not sustainable to have no leisure time.

>If you're too exhausted to read, from a day at the office, you're not healthy.
This depends on the sort of office job. I know people who only spend about half their time working and just surf the net the rest of the time, and I know people who work really hard and a mentally drained at the end of the work day. It's hard to generalise about something like that. Some office jobs are very mentally taxing.

>If you're too exhausted to read, from a day at the office, you're not healthy.

t. Someone who has never worked in an office

I agree with these points, but what can be done about it? What do you suggest in regards to OP's dilemma? Assuming someone has their bases covered concerning diet, exercise, etc.

I think it's pretty easy to disregard NEETism/Part-time work as a solution because that simply isn't an option for many of us, hence why we must wageslave.

Bad advice: the post

srsly, full-time work barely covers rent, and moving somewhere with cheaper housing means firstly: no work for me, less pay, probably need a car because fucking rural places.
life is too difficult, we should all be funded to develop ourselves.

Basically just wake up and do what you want to do (read, write, learn a language, etc.) before work, when you have all your energy and creativity.

Some things you can do to have more energy after a day in the office:
Take breaks to walk outside during work. Get a standing desk. Exercise during the lunch break.

Oh and a mindless consumptive NEET has worthy thoughts? You're just better than everyone arent ya bud.

the smartest people ive ever spoken with were NEETs and lunatic tren maniacs

I know you're being sarcastic, but really the way things are it is difficult to cover your basic needs and pursue some personal development. People are being sucked dry of their time (life).

I'm not going to propose revolution, but what the hell can a wageslave do realistically to take back some of their most productive hours for themselves.

I think waking up very early is pretty much the only solution

>I think it's pretty easy to disregard NEETism/Part-time work as a solution because that simply isn't an option for many of us
Are you a third worlder or just addicted to luxuries/bad lifestyle decisions that enslave you to a high cost consumerist lifestyle?

If you spend half on your waking hours dedicated your mental energy to the purposes of your boss then you're less likely to bring about something worthwhile outside of that context. Having a dayjob is not arbitrary, it occupies and changes your brain as well as your schedule.

Why so? Dedicating all your waking, non-working hours to reading and education doesn't seem that bad of a trade if you know you won't do anything else on the week-end.

Have you ever had to provide for yourself?

This. I have the luxury of having time to write because I live in a shithole area where wild mice regularly come into my room at night to party and people get shot outside. I spend £160 on rent per month, and £30 on food per week. Get on my level.

Yes.

Granted, but todays NEETs aren't doing anything worthwhile, other than arguing whose the better anime girl etc. Hardly making a wave in the realms of intellectual dialogue.

Even if most NEETs aren't doing anything worthwhile, being NEET still provides the circumstances to do so, so it's not an argument against NEETdom itself.

But if youre not applying yourself to anything NEETdom is boring and slog. Days drain into one another and every day plays out exactly the same.

Trust me, I was a NEET for a better part of a year and was absolutely miserable. While I may have a job that I'm not too keen on, Ive found more energy and ideas now that I routinely get out of my comfort zone

i was definitely not being sarcastic. i live in a major european capital, in a shitty area none the less, and i am a wageslave in the service industry with a humanities master degree. get on my level.

My experience is different, I have been NEET for six years now and I'm getting more happy and content each year. I'm getting closer to childlike levels of enjoyment the more the conditioning of school and work fades away.

It's true though that I feel less urgency to write now, but that is because I no longer feel the need to have something to show for the abuse I put myself through. A pleasant life is self-justifying.

My guess would be that the misery you felt probably came to some degree from the fact that you were still buying into the idea that you ought to do something and some feeling of guilt associated with not doing so.

you can turn into a life of crime, a high risk high reward deal

not such a high reward because you can't enjoy yourself with the old damocle dagger dangling above your dome

>he believed Dionysius when he was scaring the Plebs away from his wealth and luxury

Just fucking do it. If you really want to, you will find the time. God speed and good luck user.