Teenage me scared of death but try not to think about it

>teenage me scared of death but try not to think about it
>20 years old one night decide "fuck it, let's see how deep this fear can go"
>Panic attack, can't even play as bad guy in video games for months
>Emotional hypersensitivity ever since, cry listening to music, watching any touching movie scene, talking about heavy topics
>Find out amygdala probably was permanently enlarged
Is this what starting into the void is? Anything related I should read?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/hin/sbg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also inb4 nice blog fag

nice blog fag

-Change Your Thinking: Overcome Stress, Anxiety & Depression and Improve Your Life with CBT
-Emil Cioran

he's just trying to make the /pol/acks feel at home

Read Bhagavad Gita, OP.

The Blessed Lord said:

11. Thou hast been mourning for them who should not be mourned for. Yet thou speakest words of wisdom. The (truly) wise grieve neither for the living nor the dead. 11

p. 35

12. It is not that I have never existed, nor thou, nor these kings. Nor is it that we shall cease to exist in the future. 12

13. As are childhood, youth, and old age, in this body, to the embodied soul, so

p. 36

also is the attaining of another body. Calm souls are not deluded thereat. 13

14. Notions of heat and cold, of pain and pleasure, are born, O son of Kunti, only of the contact of the senses with their objects. They have a beginning and an end. They are impermanent in their nature. Bear them patiently, O descendant of Bharata. 14

p. 37

15. That calm man who is the same in pain and pleasure, whom these cannot disturb, alone is able, O great amongst men, to attain to immortality. 15

p. 38

16. The unreal never is. The Real never is not. Men possessed of the knowledge of the Truth fully know both these. 16

17. That by which all this is pervaded,—That know for certain to be indestructible. None has the power to destroy this Immutable. 17

p. 39

18. Of this indwelling Self, the ever-changeless, the indestructible, the illimitable,—these bodies are said to have an end. Fight therefore, O descendant of Bharata. 18

p. 40

19. He who takes the Self to be the slayer, he who takes It to be the slain, neither of these knows. It does not slay, nor is It slain. 19

20. This in never born, nor does It die. It is not that not having been It again comes into being. (Or according to another view: It is not that having been It again ceases to be). This is unborn, eternal, changeless, ever-Itself. It is not killed when the body is killed. 20

p. 41

21. He that knows This to be indestructible, changeless, without birth, and immutable, how is he, O son of Prithâ, to slay or cause another to slay? 21

p. 42

22. Even as a man casts off worn-out clothes, and puts on others which are new, so the embodied casts off worn-out bodies, and enters into others which are new. 22

23. This (Self), weapons cut not; This, fire burns not; This, water wets not; and This, wind dries not.

p. 43

24. This Self cannot be cut, nor burnt, nor wetted, nor dried. Changeless, all-pervading, unmoving, immovable, the Self is eternal.

25. This (Self) is said to be unmanifested, unthinkable, and unchangeable. Therefore, knowing This to be such, thou oughtest not to mourn. 25

p. 44

26. But if thou shouldst take This to have constant birth and death, even in that case, O mighty-armed, thou oughtest not to mourn for This. 26

27. Of that which is born, death is certain, of that which is dead, birth is certain. Over the unavoidable, therefore, thou oughtest not to grieve. 27

p. 45

28. All beings are unmanifested in their beginning, O Bhârata, manifested in their middle state and unmanifested again in their end. What is there then to grieve about? 28

Sorry, just copypasted from here, formatting ganked up, and also it seems to have some weird footnotery/pagination notation happening.

sacred-texts.com/hin/sbg/

I too felt weird sensations when thinking about death and other existential questions such as head spinning, irrational fear, etc. However, I got over them in high school and now I'm able to think about such things without major discomfort. Maybie you already had an inclination towards emotional hypersensitivity and this was the final push?

I can think about that stuff now thanks to JBP but it left some significant damage

CBT is a guide to becoming a literal p-Zombie

You have to go deeper.
See yourself as dead, as nonexistant. That's the truth, btw, compared to the aves of the universe in wich You won't exist this small interval of existance is pathetic.
Go deeper and deeper.
You'll see What waits on the other side.

Am I supposed to read it in an Indian accent?

Yeah, a hysterically high pitched one

Too much mental stress over a prolonged period might result in the development of a permanent mental illness in some people, I would be careful with this, if you have reservations about wanting to be a stable functioning human.

The solution is to have so many awful things happen to you in life that you know death well (because everyone you love has already died around you) and you welcome it.

relatable

>tfw OP hasn't enlarged his amygdala before
lmaoooo what a faggot lol

This is the point you start reading what all the major religions say about death. Hint: they all say it's not the end.

>Did exactly the same age 25
>Developed Derealisation disorder instantly (started the next morning)
>Took 10 years to fix
1/10 would not recommend

>try to do this
>try to ride the tiger
>instead the tiger rides me

Fucking HURTS

kek, I had this since I was twelve, you pussy.

>doesn't know about the implications of eternal re-occurrence with regard to general relativity.
oh boy are you in for a shock lad

Engage in mindfulness practice, it's been proven to shrink your amygdala.