/mu/ Here

/mu/ Here,

Why are 90% of the threads i see on this board about awful philistine crap like Any Rand, F Scott Fitzgerald and Nietzsche? I just checked out the Veeky Forums essentials and it is absolutely laughable how terrible and entry level everything on that chart is, do you guys seriously think anyone over 18 hasn't read 80% of the writers on that chart already?

It's no wonder why this board isn't nearly as popular as it could be, because the only people that post on this board have limited knowledge about books in the first place and thus have nothing to offer to somebody with a far deeper, more refined literature taste such as myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/search/username/Buddha Hipster/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not popular? Everybody’s read these books so we’re doing fine.

1) you need to lurk more
2) the starter chart is based on middle-high school reading
3) we don't want to be popular with people who shit up the catalog like you

its not that i disagree with you, its just youve decided to be as obnoxious as humanly possible - classic /mu/

shallow /mu/ minds are entrenched in the shattered esoteric cliques leftover from the corpse of every 2 year old's favorite art form.

Literature has objective classics.
Music is the most powerful but also the most shallow art. It lends itself to be terribly misguided in the post-modern age.

nice commas you fucking plebian

You want to see awful?

Go on Veeky Forums and start a thread about Anne Frank

>Ayn Rand in the same category as Fitzgerald and Nietzsche
fuck off

Go back to r/music.

filtered

>/mu/ here
>I think that if a book has had a significant impact on literature and is therefore widely read it is laughable
>my top criteria to determine artistic merit is obscurity
yep, checks out

>Ayn Rand, F Scott Fitzgerald and Nietzsche?
Your own categorisation is philistine. Ayn Rand is effective bait, especially in the /pol/ epoch (though Veeky Forums was really obsessed with her back in 2011 for some reason), Fitzgerald doesn't really get discussed at all, and Nietzsche is an important and thus perennial topic of discussion.

yea dude, fitzgerald and nietzsche are such philistines
here's a (you), just out of mercy

it's been years since ayn rand was a thing on Veeky Forums

The whole point of listing off essentials is to be "entry level," and if you think many people under the age of 18 has read, analyzed and understood Nietzsche then I'm afraid you may be delusional. Most young people have probably skimmed some quote websites to see what he said, though.

There was a Rand thread yesterday. You're still basically right though.

Howdy

What do you want? Most of the people on this board are 20 year olds who wasted most of their life up til now playing video games, stumbled onto this board and arbitrarily decided to make literture their identity.

lurk for about an hour you absolute fool, everyone knows the stickied hscore chart is shit

> he's only seen a single thread on Veeky Forums
> thinks his Rupi Kaur instagram poetry is god-tier

Please return back to /mu/ and complain about how XXXtentacion is the golden age of rape-rap. Don't shit up our nice board.

this is a philistine board get out of here fucking canaanite

Why are alle the threads on /mu about linking park and memes

I'm a /mu/tant too, and /mu/ is laughable these days. It's all about meme soundcloud rappers, the P4K fad of the month, and the same old /mu/core. Sharethreads aren't even a thing anymore. People are really ignorant of music outside of the American world. I still come for the memes and to get the latest news, but I barely discover any interesting music there. You should get off your high horse, you stupid tripfag.

Same feel here, friend. /mu/ used to be very rad, the userbase was really chill and mellow, memes were high quality and most threads were actually about discussing music and were really very interesting. Now it’s a complete shithole filled with trendy dickheads and poptimists flailing their dicks about the new Kendrick Lamar album.

Which is why I migrated to Veeky Forums. It’s a slower board but it gives me that nice vibe I used to get from /mu/.

Is this the Veeky Forums cycle? Becoming part of a board until it fills up with shitposters and newfags so everyone who isn’t retarded migrates to another board and so on?

This is bait, you fools

As a professional musician who actually understands music theory, /mu/ is the absolute epitome of plebeianism.

wew embarassing rbt.asia/mu/search/username/Buddha Hipster/

Well I must admit I migrated to /leftypol/ last year, which was pretty comfy and interesting until it has been overrun by stupid tankies.
Now I'm looking for a new place to stay, but I doubt I will really migrate there since I don't read a lot regularly.
But I think getting bored with a board isn't just a question of shitposters and newfags, but also of lassitude and a lack of new things to learn. When I started browsing /g/ years ago for example, I had a nascent interest in programming and so hearing about meme languages like Lisp or Haskell and doing fizzbuzzes with them was exciting. But now, even though I'm still pretty bad at programming, I can't stand seeing teenagers comparing apples and oranges anymore and their incessant language wars with an absolute lack of substance. Not to mention, 90% of the board is consumerist shit. Sadly, /tech/ isn't that much better and lainchan is almost dead.
That said, /trv/ is a comfy board because of its older userbase and slow pace, so, yeah, it's definitely not only about discovering new things.
Also, I wish it was still visible when we sage threads. I think stupid bait threads would die much faster.

cancer

>unironically browsing /mu/ after 2011
>complaining about other boards
is this satire?