Books for when you want to break free and feel this beautiful world again?

Books for when you want to break free and feel this beautiful world again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/umlIKBtRFXQ
a.co/3nXaM9J
a.co/7WqP5lZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Bible

Ulyssee

>rapes, murders, senseless deaths, and an absentee God who still shows up just enough to keep shitting on everyone
>"beautiful"
Top lel

The Immoralist
don't be too put off by the title

The temple of the golden pavilion

Go outside

The Wasp Factory, not even joking

The Book of the New Sun (unironically)

Rachel Carson, depending on your mood. Not fantastical but she describes the natural world in such an enchanting way. It'll make you happy to be a part of it. One of her sea books, not Silent Spring.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I've read it twice, both times I felt as if it had changed my life. It didn't but it gave me a temporary feeling of wanting to throw caution to the wind, go exploring and listen to the "universe."
Come to think of it, I should read it again before my next vacation.

On the Road

OP here, haven't read any of these, which are the best

The Alchemist is a light read, and I just found out that there is a version illustrated by Mœbius.

t. every 20 something year old woman ever

Unironically this.
You can't approach it with any presuppositions like this guy. Take it for what it is

In all seriousness, "The tale of Genji", read the Dennis Washburn translation, listen to the first 2 chapters translated by Suematsu Kenchō. You also might want to read "The World of the Shining Prince: Court Life in Ancient Japan" to prep yourself for Genji Monogatari. DO NOT GET ANY abridged versions.

youtu.be/umlIKBtRFXQ

a.co/3nXaM9J
a.co/7WqP5lZ

How about going outside ?

cool who wrote it and what is the best translation?

Silmarillion worked for me.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra is the one I keep returning to.