Why most zombie apocalypse stories/media are dog shit?

Why most zombie apocalypse stories/media are dog shit?

because the zombie meme was good when romero did it, and never once ever again. everything after was a money-making scheme with no truly inspired vision.

Boring setting, even a completely empty post-apocalyptic world with only a few survivors is more interesting. Also the characters from what I've seen or read are all one dimensional.

I mean, is all the same shit.

Why there's not something more interesting like being a doctor trying to help people at the beggining of the outbreak.

Or being a policeman or someone from the military.

Is always gay boring average joe.

Because the zombies are just a catalyst to have the end of the world happen that now has to stay in the story forever. Just have the world end some other way and the post apocalyptic themes can be more fleshed out

Left 4 Dead was superior.

Zombies are the soy of apocalyptic fiction

I hate you with a passion user

GIGO

Because it used to be an interesting idea but the 2000's zombie craze turned it into a meme subgenre for infantile adults with no culture.

What is the most patrician apocalypse scenario?

Protip its not nuclear

I can't wait for The Walking Dead. Great show.

dominated by cheap horror flicks and so it encourages an influx of mouthbreathers
if BBC made a drama series set in 1894 Russia you can bet that all future media built around that time period would be top pleb

Malthusian catastrophe

black plague

Flooding or complete disappearance of water

implausible premise based on a materialist molecular biology that’s never explained sufficiently and relies on a tiresome secular theme of apocalypse which can only be enhanced by focusing on “the evil of humans” which could be done better without zombies as an environmental hazard, the way humans deal with their presence is absolutely unbelievable as well. “dude a thing rose from the dead lmao”

Because a good zombie apocalypse needs a good comprehension about how society works. But if you have a good comprehension about how society works you would not write a book about a zombie apocalypse.

You would have more interesting targets and metaphors to engage with.

The zombie phenomenon is a result of a psychic leak from the future of a mega collapse of global first world civilizations, which will result in widespread violence and cannibalism.

Zombies are basically just a completely meaningless conflict that could be replaced with anything

>last 3 days
people can go months without food, especially americans

I love waterworld tbqh

a Trump presidency

A Spenglerian/Kali Yugan scenario where civilization collapses under the weight of capitalism and social degeneracy, which results in neo-feudal warlords competing for the few resources that are left in a Mad Max like world.