What's the most interesting idea or insight you've ever read?

What's the most interesting idea or insight you've ever read?

The idea that quantum entanglement of certain structural molecules in brains is what gives rise to consciousness.

In the end, more than in God, it is necessary to believe in yourself

it's the other way around

idealists leave

Love thy neighbor

That's incredibly fucking dumb and you should feel embarrassed for taking it seriously

If consciousness is just an epiphenomenon from brain activity, then it still needs to come from somewhere.

And how does it magically occur from nonexistent entanglement any more than standard electrons?
Use your fucking head numbskull

And if you believe yourself to be God--bam!, two in one.

That's the hard problem of consciousness you faggy troglodyte. Get your 3 inch pianist untangled from your dad's asshair and start thinking with your brain.

Virtue is just the extension of aesthetics into the moral plane.

That's a banal platitude

>the hard problem is solved by science that sounds fancy enough for me to accept as magic

Yeah, no. There's nothing magic in entanglement that isn't in standard bonds. If standard atomic chemistry isn't enough to convince you of the emergence of experience no amount of niggerrigging quantum bullshit is going to either

oh god i am so fucking embarrassed for you holy shit i don't know what to do, why did you post that you fucking idiot to think that you go around believing that is an abomination of the mind.

Ops this was meant for only

That user is dumb and he should feel dumb

I'm struggling with the definition of utility and how to make it into a useful and separate entity from other principles. Thereby enabling the clash between utility and principled arguments.

ikr why do people who know absolutely no fucking physics feel entitled to their own opinion on a hard empirical subject
Physics follows rules, not headcanon

my peanus weanus :DD

The only 'bad' thing about the future of humanity is that it'll be different.

Clean your room

This but unironically.

Kierkegaard wrote a great book about just this concept.