Tfw British and Anglo philosophy is literally the worst in the world

Why?

t. brainlet who only reads Continental philosophy because he thinks that "feels > reals"

When it comes down to it, the state with the worst philosophical tradition was Rome.

It's stratified autistic trash and not the good kind of Autism. It's the normie kind of Reddit Autism, think Bertrand Russell.

At least the Germans have the good kind of Autism, the Veeky Forums autism.

You're feelings make no difference lad
Now take this Empiricist tradition and Analytic dick

>tfw frenchman born in an anglo body

I hate this country. Troglodytes, the lot of them.

>It's shit because it's shit
Irrefutable argument there, user.

Well they’re Navy was good at least. And their 1960’s rock band scene was pretty impressive
And I liked the kitchen sink guys from the 60’s but could understand why they wore out their welcome after a while
But yeah their philosophers are on par with their national kicky ball teams or their Army or their cuisine

>literally too stupid to see that each tradition is speaking about the same thing using two different vocabularies

this

*breaks your neck*

>believes the """thing""" can be separated from the language and the tradition

The continental tradition is proudly defended by underaged retards. Hmm.

Cringe

As someone who grew up with European philosophy, the narrow-mindedness of anglo thinkers is continually perplexing to me. It's like they couldn't handle the fact that doing hilosophy is irrevocably altered after Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche and Heidegger, so they decided to ignore it and pretend like it never happened. Most of the anglo schools seem like this, they take someone great like Aristotle and expand on his thinking with admirable sincerity, but they don't consider philosophy as a historical, contextual totality. The strict separation between disciplines also doesn't help - you wouldn't even know anglos have anything substantial to say about society and politics unless you specifically consulted that discipline.

Basically they tried to make philosophy a scientific discipline with all the division of labour, but that just kills it in my opinion. I think there's hope though, since we have seen some oldschool synthesisers start appearing recently, but I'll hold my breath.

Not true, there's still the Americans

Holy shit how many times do we have to have this echo chamber thread? No one here knows anything about the continental or the analytic tradition, so can we skip the sea of teenagers rattling on about ‘muh subjective experience’ or calling every Anglo person who has ever lived an ‘autist?’ It’s embarrassing and a waste of time.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Best feel is when Finland has a great analytical tradition which takes into account the ideas of continental philosophy and is in constant dialogue with it. Anglos are literally useless at this point.

Finland’s philosophers may be interesting but they have to live their lives as Finnish people so they pay a steep price...

>Finland
Stopped reading there. No one cares.

>one of the founders of epistemic logic
>taught in stanford
>influential in linguistics and philosophy of mathematics
>basically what Russell could have been if he had understood the continental tradition
>described his teacher as a logical positivist with a basis in fenno-ugrian mysticism

I'll take the lucid Anglos over any of the French obfuscators.

>naval impressment and moving to berlin were options
so basically it's okay if you get shanghaied out of there?

true but hey, theres sure a more polite way to state it...

but it also has Godel

Who are you quoting?