Senior quote

Mine was "Have you done all you can?". Looking back it was pretty cringe. What was yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/3925308/rich-families-lose-wealth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we don’t do that in smarter countries

I wasn't in the yearbook or graduation or classes
But I still passed

>tfw homeschooled

mine was "go back to r.eddit".

i graduated in 1997.

This. Highschool is this kind of nebulous fucken' end all sacrament to Americans. The rest of the world sees it as just another moment in life that passes in the blink of an eye and does not matter at all.

We didn’t get one

If anime is any indication, Japs are more obsessed with high school than Americans are.

I didn't do that shit in my high school though and I live in NJ.

I had two:
"How strange it is to be anything at all"
-Jeff Mangum
"I was a shaboy, now I'm a shaman"
-Myself

The "joke" one is pretty cringe, but I still like that NMH quote. Wish I had put "Can't believe how strange" rather than just "How strange," but it still works.

"'That which was' is the stone he can not move"

pretty autistic tbhq

"Work tracks thermodynamic negentropism by dissociating exertion into increasingly intricate functional sequences: from pedals, levers, and vocal commands, through the synchronization of production-line tasks and time-motion programs, to sensory-motor transduction within increasingly complex and self-micromanaged artificial environments, capturing minutely adaptive behaviour for the commodity." - Nick Land

mine was

GIVE ME THE THORAZINE OR I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU

Carpe diem

"i can't believe i ate the whole thing"

We didn't have enough room in my yearbook for senior quotes. My graduating class had around 1,000 people.

In my school you had to pay extra to do a senior quote.
It was fucking bullshit.

Life’s peachy like James and the giant.

"That nothing in and of itself is unendurable"-DFW
Half ironic. I still kind of like it

H Y P E T S T I T I O N

>“What we seek is some kind of compensation for what we put up with.”- Haruki Murakami
Luckily college stripped me of my angsty teenage phase

I actually don't remember, probably something really stupid

“Alas,” said the mouse, “the whole world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into.”

“You only need to change your direction,” said the cat, and ate it up.

>"I was a shaboy, now I'm a shaman"
Heh, I'm stealing that one.

I made up actual nonsense that sort of sounded deep, i hope somebody somewhere read it and thought "wow what a smart guy"

"It is not enough that I succeed, others must fail"
(the joke is that I was the failure)

the heart of the heart of the matter
Liked it then, baffled by it now

I actually think that ones not too bad

"You can't never not know nothing" - David Foster Wallace

mine was worse, OP.
"Sous les paves, la plage"
(a Situationist slogan used in the Paris 68 protests)

"and but so" - dfw

I like it desu

In my school other people submitted description of you and the year book council selected the acceptable ones. Can't remember mine exactly, but it was something like: "user is a person who speaks in long sentences. A forerunner of experimental electronic music and an admirer of decadence "

"Would you rather have three kids and no money or no kids and three money?"

Fitiavana, Tanindrazana, Fandrosoana

We didn't do that in my shitty Canadian highschool but I remember my future ambition line read "Firetruck" with zero explanation

I still remember my mom and her friends making faces when they read it. But one of my freshman teachers read it aloud and said "Hahaha, I get it user!" She really liked it apparently.

>tfw highschool dropout

I think I said "I ain't got no quote" or something like that, or maybe it was "quote's are for idiots".

Why? Shit's mad easy, home-skizzle bodizzle

I was very violent and had anger issues before then, so most of the time I had to go home instead of lashing out at people. Dropped out eventually and have to catch up after, now that I can manage myself.

Beats being in jail or something though I figure.

That's because adulthood is hell for us. We're overworked and underpaid, and so we haven't the time, money, or energy for any meaningful leisure activities. It's all downhill after high school (or, if you're lucky, college).

>High School
>hell
what? Shit was fun, had some good times with friends. Never did my homework. Played some "sports".

my family is rich and im an adult neet living on our cabin property and have quite literally never worked a day in my life

Read my post again. I said high school is the best time. It's adulthood that's hell.

"Your memes... end here."
- Saucy Jack

ups, adulthood seems to be what you make of it. My cousin's been in college since Bush was president HAHAHAHAHA that's me laughing just contemplating that statement.

70% of families lose their wealth by second generation

time.com/money/3925308/rich-families-lose-wealth/

About 90% lose their wealth by third generation

Enjoy squandering your forebearers hard work and amounting to absolutely nothing and dying without a penny

Did your school actually allow your quote to be that long? Mine only allowed 2-3 sentences at most.

My senior quote
"I'm not gonna run away and I never go back on my word, that is my nindō! My ninja way!" -Naruto Uzamaki, Seventh Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves

BELIEVE IT

my quote
>The stars are matter, we are matter, but it doesn’t matter
Coming from captain beefheart of all people. I still appreciate it two years later

That's because anime is mainly for high schoolers.

People thought I was strange so I used, "It is frequently the tragedy of the great artist, as it is of the great scientist, that he frightens the ordinary man."

My school didn't have quotes, thank god

"It is not enough that I fail, others must succeed" is one I live by

Mine was some shitty jack London Quote

Sorry for party rocking...

A buddy of mine did "it's really messed up how there's hundreds of Christmas songs, but only one song about the boys being back in town" - Malcolm X

huh. didn't know he was the one who coined that

I feel like with something like this, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Nothing you say, no matter how poignant it may be to you, will be seen as anything other than superficial and puerile to others. If you make a joke instead, you'll be judged as immature and impertinent. If you leave it blank or write something equivalent to nothing, you're haughty and conceited.

What's the winning move?

"Well [high school name] you're an odd fellow, but you steam a good ham"

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. . ."

I remember not being able to think of anything, so I just said some conspiracy shit like "The moon is flat so they had to hire Kubrick to direct the moon landing" then they didn't even put in in there for some reason. I was the only person that won on of the vote things and didn't have a quote.

my school let you write your senior quote in a hallway on the wall. I wrote "please remember me". the building is being torn down next year, so looking back there's a certain irony

bit haughty, aren't we

Do what I did- a joke that can actually be taken seriously

graduating in a few months, was planning to use a dfw quote

any recs?

"It is not enough that I fail, others must fail too" Patrician

TOO THE LIBRARY AND STEP ON IT

I lived in the past because my future is in the present.

Am I smart?

"All I know is that I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx

Hobbies : Being Awesome
Quote : This was the best of times, and the worst of times. In a sitcom like way. But with a less positive message.

blank. my schools did not do year books

do a sam harris quote

N-no!

yeah, reported for underage

"Please clap."
-Jeb Bush

was mine

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears, looms but the horror of the shade"

more like soyboy

vote republican

This, also this picture.

>Four years passed, but the day just won't.

I put a Dostoevsky quote from the Brothers Karamazov even though I have only read the first few chapters. Am I Veeky Forums enough?

“I went to the zoo once and saw this thing they call an anteater. That was quite enough for me.”
― Thomas Pynchon

School didn’t have em but I might’ve gone with ‘you will grow too quick then you will get over it’.

that's about as Veeky Forums as it gets

I'm very white and I quoted Malcolm X

i'm 19

download a pdf of the phenomenology of spirit, go to a random page, random sentence, and every will know that you were the most intelligent person at your school

Lost my shape trying to act casual

Mine was a nonsensical sentence in an attempt at absurd humour, strucured like a quote so it would fit in the yearbook.

"I'm a survivor. We're a dying breed."

(((LAYFE)))

definitely.

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Modern Warfare 2

But and so and but so