>I must united the Mexican people under one flag

and he actually did it, the absolute madman

>I must united the Jewish people under one layer of dirt

and he actually tried to do it, the absolute madman

>thinkgen about spirits n stuff

Kek
>implying

sorry, new to mexican history, explain pls
you mean murrica got the best of mexico in the end through NATO?

So I told King Zheng, would't it be nice to unite China? And he actually did it, the absolute madman!

No, he means we took all the best parts of Mexico and made them US territory.

>sorry, new to mexican history, explain pls
Madero had an interest in spiritism and he was a follower of the books of Allan Kardec. Allegedly, he only became president because he followed the advice of spirits.

Does this matter? Not really. But he was an odd person, he tried to reason with his aggressors when they were pretty much ready to shoot him. And it obviously didn't work.

nice thanks guys

France helped more in Días's time.

My favorite Diaz quote: "Poor Mexico! So far from God and so close to the United States."

>being close to the US
>bad

If they didn't have the world's biggest consumer market to benefit from through NAFTA and offloading their shittiest people there, they would be Bolivia tier.

the context was totally different back then. Vast amounts of american capital flooded into mexico from the 1880s onward and there was a threat that mexico's economic and political sovereignty was being threatened. this fear was heightened by the spanish american war of 189,m the construction of the panama canal in the early 1900s and US's subsequent interventions in Nicaragua, Cuba, Haiti and the Dominican Republic

>1890
>compares to 1980
Murricans

Not that user, but hilariously it does. The Porfiriato and modern Mexico are astonishingly similar

>Mexico bought and owned by foreign powers, primarily the US, Britain and France
>Cream at the top owns everything else
>Rest of Mexicans are shit and thus flee into the US badlands or openly revolt
You won't see another Judas at the Jockey Club anytime soon unless that wall goes up. I'll give you that. However, what the PRI revolted against is what Mexico became after they lost power.

>judas at the jockey club
isn't that a book

What will all these hispanics mean for the united states?
For Mexico?

Better tacos and well kept lawns

I welcome this new era.

Eternal anglo strikes again.

>united

initiate plan tuxtepec

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_of_Tuxtepec

The foremost book on the Porfiriato, yes, but it's named after an event that happened that acted as a catalyst for the revolution.