What do you reckon was in the Library of Alexandria?

that is now lost to history forever?

My diary desu

Probably a lot of stuff that was a lot more dry and ordinary than it's reputation suggests, but a lot of stuff that would have been unbelievably valuable to history regardless

Probably some of the best Greek translations of the old testament.

Hardcore Gay Literature

loads and loads of anime

Oh I want be with you night and DAY!!!

just 20000 copies of The Ego and His Own

Aristotle's book on comedy.

I'm surprised this thread has gotten this far without e/lit/ists talking about how the Library of Alexandria didn't actually exist and how it, and it's burning, were/are merely symbolic.

We may never know.

we will literally never know

>be me
>rainy evening with friends in a foreign town, we don't know what to do
>cheap cinema is an option
>they only give spiderman homecoming
>lol capeshit, let's go there and watch it ironically
>sit in the cinema waiting to see people in bright colored costumes saying stupid shit and beating each other out
>movie ends
>go out
>friends are talking about it
>"what did you think of that part?"
>have no idea what part that was
>spent the whole movie waiting to see a blackish hipster teen with a slight goth/tomboy flavor to see what books she was reading
>spent next two days thinking about how wasted my adolescence was, regretting not having a witty ethnic post-ironic Veeky Forums gf
>months afterwards everything I remember about spiderman homecoming is still just that bitch reading nabokov on a yellow bus
>will watch spiderman 2

FFFUUUUUUCKK

Kek, but we already know

the manifesto of the ancient aliens and the map to earth's stargate

A Complete Sappho.

The complete works of Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripedes, Aristotle and Sappho. Also the works of Menander and all sorts of Greek comedians and tragedians. Another great and original poet from Freece, Alcman, would also have his complete works there (now we only have fragments).

Irrefutable proof that they really was kangz

>you will never read the full works of Aristotle

Is there any way we can find a new stash of ancient greek writings somewhere?
Give me hope.

Aristotle stuff
Homer’s Margites
Etruscan dictionary (sad)
Some works of Caesar
Euclid stuff
Prodicus (this one hurts)
Cicero stuff (this too)
Heraclitus
Sophocles
Zeno of Citium

vatican

YA version of the Iliad

Metal gear

Proof that Shakespeare was two black lesbians in a trenchcoat

A greek comedy not written by Aristophanes

First-hand accounts of Alexander's campaign and who knows what other historocal events.

It is said that there was a collection of history books, vol1 was from the beginning of humanity to the deluge.

The influences writen from the middle east, that greeks used for their philosophical and mathematical writings.

What do you reckon was in the library of Warsaw, that is now lost to history forever?

They still have uninvestigated greek manuscripts?

iktfb

>not wanting all of Aristophanes' works
come on son

Complete Corpus Hermeticum, Stotle’s works, Plato’s esoteric works, Neo-Platonic systems of cosmogeny and magik, treatises and manuscripts detailing Egyptian history and religion, histories of the Phoenicians, Macedonians, Etruscans, Dorians and Israelites, Proto-Kabbalah, various records of lost kings and tyrants of the Old World, documentation of possible deluge, proto-OT, and proto-NT docs, western kamasutra, western yogic texts, books on india and asia, books on syncretic buddhism, books on proto-Chan and Daoism, evidence of IE migration, translation books for dead languages, religious art and iconography, navigation charts, maps of Afreaka
no retard they have thousands of manuscripts that have never been translated into english which are not for the public, only vatican scholars have ever seen them, much of their archives is completely occulted to anyone not from the Vatican elite

This is honestly the most likely idea of it.

Kind of reminds me of those Scandinavian runes in the Hagia Sofia and they were a mystery for a long time but it turned out they were like "Hafdan was here" or something similar.

so nothing of value was lost?

lol Imma steal them all and release them to the public. Seriously though, how many catholics would I have to let fuck my son in order to get access to those works.

Literally everything we know about Greek comedy comes from Aristophanes. Every time we say, "Oh, well greek comedy tends to do X this way" it's the same as if someone were to say, "Oh, well, American comedy tends to be about two guys sitting on a couch playing video games" It's ludicrous how little we know and how confidently we assert things about it.

By the time the library burned it had already been on decline a while now. So it's likely someone had stashed away some of the most important stuff already before the fire began

I'm interested. My mother told me she was awoken by a picture of Jesus falling off of the wall and that it saved her from a fire that had started in the building. Of course, I'm superstitious to the point where I trust anything my mother says unconditionally, but I'm also curious as to the consequences it has for the second law of thermodynamics.