What did the ancient Israelites mean by this?

What did the ancient Israelites mean by this?

to "see" someone was euphemism for sex

everything is a euphemism for sex
but I think in this context it literally means see

the savage blacks dont wear clothes/cloth their fathers, the sons have to look at their naked dads, therefore they should be slaves of the Godly races, and 'God shall enlarge Japheth, and he (God) shall dwell in the tents of Shem: God made the Japheth races (obviously not referring to the japs) large, and largeness and Godlieness dwelled in the pants (tent, pitch a tent) of Shem (big dicks),

>husbandman
Sounds gay.

please point to the hebrew that confirms this you literal retard

Dude fuck Canaanites lmao

In this case it clearly means literal sight. Why else would it specify that the other brothers went in with their backs turned and "their faces saw not their father's nakedness"?

Whats the big deal with nakedness?
Were they ashamed of small benis?

It's embarrassing.

The narrative may suggest that Noah was arse naked and Ham mocked him for it, but the word for naked here, ervah, is etymologically related to the word used of Adam & Eve in the garden, arom. So the significance has something to do with Ham observing or becomign aware of his father’s weakness, vulnerability, perhaps mortality, and using that as a reason to deny him the respect and reverence that the father deserved. This is a conservative reading.

My favourite wacky midrashic reading speculates that “seeing the nakedness” meant sodomizing. Or perhaps castrating. Give a group of rabbinic scholars time to add some marginalia and this is what we get.

Not so much that they saw it as they went and told their bros about their father in a vulnerable moment. It's already shameful to let alcohol turn you into a bumbling mess, just let your dad chill in his retarded drunkenness goys.

You're thinking of to "know." That's because there's two words for it: makeer and d'at

But why was Canaan punished for his father's transgression?

>What did the ancient Israelites mean by this?

You mean, what did Bathsheba mean by this? Just kidding! Harold Bloom is retarded

Cuz that’s how it was done. The integrity of the family name and line was of greter importance than the individual, hence the story in Genesis 38 where Onan was reluctant to bed his brother’s wife after the brother had died. Onan gets Tamar pregnant and, when a son is born, it is considered the son of the dead brother, Er.

So if you curse or punish a man, it might be bad but the man will only suffer for so long and then die. But if you curse his children, and children’s children to a thousand generations, you’re striking him in a much worse way.

Might be adapted from an older story where all of Ham's descendants were punished, but the Israelites specifically hated the Canaanites so they transferred the curse to him.

I found it comical

Not him, but per my intro to western religions prof, Ham drilled his papa's ass.
His brothers walked backwards that they might not be also tempted to plow their father.
Don't believe it myself, but I still like that interpretation of the story.

Bronze Age shitposting. The Jews hated the Canaanites so they claimed god cursed them all because their patriarch was a cockgazer. A more esoteric interpretation I’ve heard is that Ham was sinning by gazing upon the mystery of his creation. But we all know this was just the Jews ridiculing the Canaanites.

>college courses about religion/interpreting text
not even once
why are teachers/professors so obsessed with the most weirdly sexual interpretations of shit

>Whats the big deal with nakedness?
their father got drunk and was laying naked in the garden.. it wasnt really the shame of nakedness then, it was the need to protect from bugs and the elements

It says he was in his tent.

seeing the father naked is seeing the truth of God, seeing the emperor without clothes: ham saw and told Shem and Japheth who did not see the truth, but was told the truth, and the good brothers dared not look at the truth, but dressed it up in nice garments so the masses have some nice exoteric rites to partake in that approximate the glory of our naked drunken passed out God

>The Jews hated the Canaanites so they claimed god cursed them all because their patriarch was a cockgazer.

>our holy patriarch Noah got wasted and fell asleep with his cock out
>haha canaancucks btfo!

>What did the ancient Israelites mean by this?
still could have caught a cold

It should be noted this was apparently the first time anyone made alcoholic drinks, so you can't blame Noah, he didn't know what he was messing with.