Why is Derrida so absolutely painful to read?

I'm going through the first few pages of Of Grammatlogy and the basic ideas aren't the hardest thing ever to grasp: the perceived system of taking written language as signifier of spoken language naturally collapses on itself and produces certain concepts and eventually serves as the basis of the whole of western metaphysics.
But why does his prose just make me wanna shoot myself so much?

Have you read Heidegger?

he knew he would be far less celebrated if he put all his ideas into a 10 page pamphlet as he knew he could

Not really, no.

Typical Talmudic obscurantism

Things are about to get a lot worse for you first.

Wait, have you read Nietzsche?

Read it in french, it's exquisite.

Derrida is harder than Heidegger

Derrida has a low level of philosophical argumentation, but he obscures it with overwrought prose and false profundity.

He's completely irrelevant as a thinker

nope, Derrida just has nothing to say

triggered much?

Maurice Blanchot is not only painful to read but humorless and somehow addicting.

Derrida develops out of Heidegger. If he hasn't read Heidegger's vocab with some understanding how do you expect him to go into Derrida?

this. foucault admitted this about his own writing to john searle

The parts where he talked about the need for Western civilization to under go a "mass brownification" where surprisingly coherent.

>Why is Derrida so absolutely painful to read?
made his shit hard to understand to get poosy

The only ‘modern’ thinkers you really need to worry about other Heidegger are Leo Strauss, and maybe Foucault. Literally all the others are either obscurantists talking about irrelevant bullshit that has previously been addressed in a much more coherent fashion, analytic autistics who don’t understand the foundations of Western Philosophy, and philosophical labourers who just cling to defending thinkers like Hegel.

Go read Leo Strauss’s ‘Natural Right and History’ or ‘What is Political Philosophy’.

Stop reading bullshit Philosophy.

What about big B?

But Foucault isn't hard to read

And I have no reason to believe he was being anything other than 100% sincere

Disregard this advice

Acquire analytic philosophy and contemporary epistemology

good post