Which rapper is the most Veeky Forums?

Which rapper is the most Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

miloraps.bandcamp.com/
youtu.be/ZIm2CR9i-jA
youtu.be/9XT_57hitNM
youtu.be/Oga5nZ1HlRY
youtu.be/5xeSLUb4uMc
youtube.com/watch?v=dr1-WD-mUOI&index=15&list=PLZelQNsAW_GTIj-rPKW0dVkOydwA2h_cu
youtu.be/QYZiIjT_xjU
youtube.com/watch?v=7fXmauK2TOg
youtube.com/watch?v=ahV4L1bmCTY
youtube.com/watch?v=3y4_2R_g6XE
pudding.cool/2017/02/vocabulary/
youtube.com/watch?v=bsUbmCoMP1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poets are what you're looking for

There is no such thing as Veeky Forums rap and there is hardly such a thing as Veeky Forums music at all

Milo.

Rap is musical poetry

>there is hardly such a thing as Veeky Forums music at all

>I have only been exposed to garbage so that is all there exists

t. pseud

oh my god i didn't even know about MF Doom till like a year ago and i had a doom mask from when i was a kid. it was called a gladiator mask i think

The only one

If you think Wagner is anything but garbage you haven't listened to much. Who next, Liszt?

Yes. Maybe because music is essentially not Veeky Forumserature, you moron

kek

Why call me a moron if you agree with me?

In the sense that he is a great Romantic Hero of our time.

lil ugly mane

milo seconded
miloraps.bandcamp.com/

Because I agree with you from a superior point of view and that makes me smarter than you.

Do you think he reads?

Ye

get aids

Tyler The Creator he hints that hes gay in all the songs in Flowerboy

unironically this, his dad was a legit poet

I'm gay, too

Damn i really need to stop being good with my grammar its gone up hilll!

>cheetos, freetos, dorritos
fuck backpacker shit, if i wanted poetry id just pick oxford book of english verse

Lil Pump

Young Thug, obviously.

Hey you, don't touch the mic like it's AIDS on it
It's like the end to the means
Fucked type of message that sends to the fiends
That's why he brings his own needles
And get more cheese than Doritos, Cheetos or Fritos
Slip like Freudian
Your first and last step to playing yourself like accordion

he's a fan of brian gyson

Iced Cube.

Rhythm And Poetry. I think rap successfully does what slam poetry fails to do. It captivates an audience with raw emotion, and is meant to move them then and there even though it can also do the same through recordings. Plebs who are too quick to focus on pop music have either no taste, or are bitter haters who wouldn't be able to perform in front of an audience themselves.

rap shits on poetry any day. poetry is cringeworthy pretentious trash and even the ones i liked would be infinitely improved by being put to music.

lazy bait

It's unironically true though.

Seconded.

FOSTER IFFY UH
HANG HIMSELF STIFFY UH

My cousin hit me up and said he had to post bail again
'Cause my brother back in jail again
Back in that slave ship 'cause he tried to sell again
And all that's going through my mind is "How the fuck am I failing him?"

These youngins want all of the spoil
but none of the toil, 'got me climbing the walls
Too good to press olives
But he'll be the first squeaky wheel asking for oil
I been at it for ten years, what the fuck is you on?
'Got me frustrated like: "What the fuck is you doing?"
He come to me for answers but I don't know what to tell him
Part bad parenting, part youthful rebellion
He wanna buy a dream but I don't know what to sell him
They say the streets turn niggas into sinners
But them jail cells be turning niggas into dinner
So the sing in the summer, be home by the winter
Interrogation rooms is turning niggas into tenors/tenners
And he's no singer, but him on that block?
He's got that perfect pitch
I just want him to understand that you work for this
You can win or you lose, but it's either me or the streets
And brother, you gotta choose

I got a room and a microphone and all this time
I just sat by the window and looked inside
Didn't like what I found, but you win or you lose:
Make a living or have a life?, I guess that I gotta choose

Bonus shoutout to Blu & Exile "Show me the Good Life," verses two and three are street gospel.

patrician taste
phonte is that nigga

lmao don't tell me you thought that was good.... now that is funny, robbed of the vocal component you see just how bad it is

Aesop Rock, Milo, Busdriver, Open Mike Eagle

immortal tech

rap is not an acronym. it's a word that's been around a lot longer than hip hop music.

It's okay if you can't hear the flow, Phonte's flow doesn't actually transcribe on paper.
>actually hating the based negro trying to pick his people up out of thug culture

>robbed of the component that is crucial for it to be experienced in its intended form, its funny
video games and movies are hilarious when the power isn't connected to the screen, LOL

Very nice

That's because the mask he uses is a replica of one from the movie Gladiator. If you watch it you can see Russell Crowe wear it in one of the big fight scenes.
Supposedly before doom settled on that mask he covered his face with other shit, sometimes just a stocking.

Milo's someone I wouldn't hesitate to call pretentious. Read through his lyrics, they don't ever mean anything; they're just cute wordplay and references to far more interesting things than his music could hope to be.

>"I love that question. I feel like a man out of time? Yes, 'cause to me it's very Nietzschean. That's what Nietzsche thought of himself: the untimely man. That's what I really believe I am. I'm not from this time. It takes a toll on me, but I just keep doing my thing."

Actual good rappers:
>Open Mike Eagle
>SB The Moor
>Mick Jenkins
>Isaiah Rashad
>Lil Ugly Mane
>Danny Brown
>JID

Kendrick Lamar is unironically the best of our era, not even a conversation desu.

this guy

I used to listen to rap, so I actually know how awful it is and how bad all those artists are
Honestly fuck off my board- music is such a great medium and that is simply shit taste, it's the YA of music and some of you idiots ITT out yourself like there's even a conversation to be had about it

Ghostface killah's rhymes are always on point, but the contents are not very literary.

Immortal technique is pretty good but his rhymes fail because he is an ideologue.

I dig your rap man but the acronym fits.

underrated

>TIPS

youtu.be/ZIm2CR9i-jA
youtu.be/9XT_57hitNM
youtu.be/Oga5nZ1HlRY
Master of the concept album:
youtu.be/5xeSLUb4uMc
My favourite concept album (list obviously isn't in order):
youtube.com/watch?v=dr1-WD-mUOI&index=15&list=PLZelQNsAW_GTIj-rPKW0dVkOydwA2h_cu
Celph Titled is probably the most skilled lyricist though. Probably the best rap drama I've heard:
youtu.be/QYZiIjT_xjU

>m'lady

>masta ace
nice. honestly, a lot of hip hop concept projects are pretty good. del the funkee homosapien is up there too.

Rap is okay but I feel like people exaggerate about it for some reason. J Dilla was certainly one of the best producers in hip-hop, for instance, but when people try to act like he was some sort of Mozart-level genius it gets a bit silly. I like pop music, but come on.

(me)

Completely agree that Milo is pretentious haha, still like his music though. The question was regarding rappers that were Veeky Forums which I interpretation to be the most well read lyricists not the best. I definitely agree that all those rappers you listed are good (Except for SB The Moor which I have not yet heard) but a large proportion of them I doubt would read much.
Mick Jenkins I know has a lot of knowledge on the Bible though from what I saw in his freestyles.
Open Mike Eagle I would assume be the only one that reads extensively from that list.
Also finally, despite Milo being pretentious one can clearly see that he is well read.

Gucci Mane
Danny Brown

twenty one twenty one twenty one twenty one
youtube.com/watch?v=7fXmauK2TOg

Move over plebs.

I am better than you

Milo brags about his smarts like other rappers brag about their wealth and women. Of course he's pretentious. But, he never claims his songs are some philodophical treatise. He barely sustains themes over a verse. In his own words, he's 'caught cataloging my at-home dieties'.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahV4L1bmCTY
youtube.com/watch?v=3y4_2R_g6XE

/thread

>hey mom I made a reference to smart people stuff am I smart now?!!?

MC Ride

I like how when some rapper is called out for empty name-dropping the response is always something along the lines of "it's not like he's actually trying or anything" as if that makes it any better

Aesop Rock
Here's the first verse of Daylight
Put one up for Shackle Me Not, clean logic procreation
I did not invent the wheel, I was the crooked spoke adjacent
While the triple sixers' lassos keep angels roped in the basement
I walk the block with a halo on a stick, poking your patience
Y'all catch a thirty second flash visual
Dirty cooperative med platoon
Bloom, head-trip split ridiculous
Fathom the splicing of first generation fuck-up
With trickle-down anti-hero smack (Kraken!)
I pace my game for zero hour completion cretin, splash
Duke of early retirement picket dream
American Nightmare hogging the screen
I'll hold the door open so you can stumble in
If you'd stop following me around the jungle gym
Now it's honor, and I spell it with the 'H' I stole from heritage
Merit crutched on the wretched refuse
From my teeming resonance
I promise, tempest tossed breed with a bleeding conscience
See, the creed accents responsive
But my spores divorced the wattage
And I'm sleeping now — wow! — yeah, the settlers laugh
You won't be laughing when your covered wagons crash
You won't be laughing when the buzzards drag your brother's flags to rags
You won't be laughing when your front lawn is spangled with epitaphs (You won't be laughing!)
Then I'll hang my boots to rest when I'm impressed
So I triple knot 'em and forgot 'em
His origami dream is beautiful
But man, those wings will never leave the ground
Without a feather and a lottery ticket, now settle down

I love Sunny

Busdriver, Ka

Awful
You idiots just don't read poetry and have absolutey no frame of reference, it's fucking embarassing for a literature board

>Aesop Rock
used to love the dude but
reading over this again
it's so much vapor or
just
overwrought imagery jumbled together
clumsy meter
ponderous but always taken too fast
rickety rickshaw, top heavy, hurling down a bhutanese dirtway
so meh meh meh

No senpai, Stefan is /x/'s rapper. Don't give him to Veeky Forums, they'll drag him down with them.

This
>That second verse of Collapse and Appear
>Haze of Interference
>Uneven Compromise
Veeky Forums as fuck

What on earth are any of you talking about
>Del
>Busdriver
>MF Doom

Yes, Aesop rhymes many interesting words, but the sacrifice is that it's completely abstract

Runaway is better than nearly all poetry written after the Second World War

(you)

if only i could loose the shackles of my mind and live in the vibrant plebness encapsulating every waking moment of your life

>there is hardly such a thing as literature music at all
gee whizz who could've known.

Here is a chart with the most Veeky Forums rappers from DMX to Aesop rock.
pudding.cool/2017/02/vocabulary/

this is up there

Wow would you look at that, Wu Tang clan and E-40 better than Shakespeare
Dead white guys btfo

where would DFW be?

The most unsufferable aspect of rap, hip hop, and all that shit, isn't the music or the way they talk, it's the people who go "no, mate, there is actually depth to this, listen this". And the I listen to it, and the dept of the lyrics is basically the same as that of an essay written by a 10th grader.
I understand a good chunk of american whites are really self hating for several reasons, but can you stop pretending this shit is in any way good from a literary standpoint? Can you just say "yes, I only listen to this because I like the sound of it"?

Please point me to music with "depth"

Go listen to Deltron 3030 you pleb. Just kidding, I disagree, but I respect you user. The problem is that unless you get more immersed in the culture, it's going to be hard to see the subtleties in terms of overarching themes/concepts as well as what is criticism, parody, or using your persona to play a character rather than yourself (even if that character is an amplification of yourself).

The most insufferable aspect of rock,metal, and all that shit, isn't the music or the way they talk, it's the people who go "no, mate, there is actually depth to this, listen this". And the I listen to it, and the dept of the lyrics is basically the same as that of an essay written by a 10th grader.

>Literary elites love to rep Shakespeare’s vocabulary: across his entire corpus (...)mixtapes if the artist was just short of the 35,000 words. Quite a few rappers don’t have enough official material to be included (e.g., Biggie, Kendrick Lamar). As a benchmark, I included data points for Shakespeare and Herman Melville, using the same approach (35,000 words across several plays for Shakespeare, first 35,000 of Moby Dick). I used a research methodology called token analysis to determine each artist’s vocabulary. Each word is counted once, so pimps, pimp, pimping, and pimpin are four unique words. Hip hop is full of slang that is hard to transcribe (e.g., shorty vs. shawty), compound words (e.g., king shit),
Hmmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=bsUbmCoMP1Y

Unironically this, everything else in this thread is middlebrow. Ride is the avant garde of hip hop vocals.

I don't know if Deltron is what you're looking for, but I really enjoy it because I feel like it's a worthy addition to afrofuturism which you can at least argue is Veeky Forums

You're child, or atleast have the ostensible sensibility of one. It's embarassing

At least if you're gonna pretend to be someone with taste link something good.

Both of these are true you stupid fuck, rock and hip hop are awful.

Okie well how do you look at hip hop? I make no claims to superiority here, it's just that when I was more of an insider looking in, I feel like some of these were very lost on me.

How does this have depth? It's literally just the Bible set to music (and not a good translation of the bible either). The music is nice sure, but you already said that music can't be evaluated in "depth".