>Thank you for sending this short piece our way. This one didn't quite feel like a match for us...

>>Thank you for sending this short piece our way. This one didn't quite feel like a match for us, so we're going to pass this time, but we enjoyed the read. There's a real romanticism in the idea of being a ringer, and that comes across in your writing.

>>Best of luck with this,
Hours and hours of work summed up in a few lines. I'm glad. I'm more driven to learn how to write well than ever. I even think I have a few good ideas.

What drives you? I don't think rejection is enough to sustain my urges to tell a story, so maybe I'm looking to understand myself through understanding others.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dJZ7Z8Xb
youtube.com/watch?v=DuyfnL_HVM0
theawl.com/2013/09/i-am-an-object-of-internet-ridicule-ask-me-anything/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better than being blacklisted. I actually had an offer for 90k and I called the guy a faggot.

:)

>You write well and the ideas you are working with are interesting but we think you needed to flesh them out more to satisfy those questions
feels good man

Simply eric

That's beautifully written. Please write them back and tell them user admired their curtesy.

on topic: Nothing. I'm a lazy piece of shrut

hella friggin epic

It kind of is. I certainly wasn't bummed or angry with it. I just have an overly active imagination and was plagued with fantasies of being published. Even if on an online literary journal.

wtf is a ringer

what is a ringer

Someone who works on cattle stations in australia. Think cowboy.

Basically run around after crazy wild bulls and hope to tip them over and tie them up before they skull fuck me with a big black horn.

What did you submit to? Meanjin?

Jellyfish. I have a thing for jellyfish so it seemed natural.

Post it here. We'll tell you what the editors were too polite to say.

Watch the first thirty seconds. Mute it. They're pretty tame cattle, but yeah. The rest of the video might get more interesting.

It's on one of the crit threads, but here it is.
pastebin.com/dJZ7Z8Xb

Quick rundown on your story and the subjects you tackle? I never read anything about aussie cowboys and like romanticism

err. sorry.
youtube.com/watch?v=DuyfnL_HVM0

It reads like a letters to the editor piece. It is very matter of fact. Was this meant to be a non-fiction piece?

It seems more like a character outline than a story.

There is a romantisicm in there, but you don't show anything.

Have you tried writing a day out in detail? A day when something interesting happens, although the life seems interesting anyway.

In otherwords I think your story is missing a story. It is a charqcter talking to a therapist of sorts, but not telling them the truth.

It's so fucked up when you know it's an automated rejection. The fact that they didn't even care to reject me with a human voice is incredibly demeaning.
>Thank you so much for submitting to the North Texas Review. We have read many great pieces, including "The Cloud of Unknowing."

>You do a great job of incorporating other disciplines into your writing in an effortless and intriguing way, and your writing style is admirable.

>While your story does not suit our needs at this time, I hope that you will continue to submit to NTR in the future.

All the best,

>submit to NTR
never

next time write as a oppressed muslim gay youth, sure way to get published

Very good! If it is non-fiction, you should take your intimate knowledge and use it to create a compelling short story. Seems ripe for material. Well done.

What's wrong with NTR

thanks for sharing that dude, it's a great read. i love learning about a life spent doing rare deeds.
a technical question i had as i was reading: you mention bashing a calf's head in via blunt force, and i wondered whether it would be easier for you and the calf if you learned how to slit their throats for those times when it's required.

He got rejected by them

Cheers, that's quite helpful really. I'll have a look through it again after work.

It's non-fiction mostly, although it's a blending my own experiences with others.

I generally shove a pig sticker between the vertebrae just down from the skull. Do it right and it paralyzes and kills them pretty much immediately. But sometimes all you have is a rock. or a tree root.

NTR is japanese for cuckoldry

all of the people on this board who ignorantly throw themselves at publishers and waste hours every day writing drivel, fiction of all things, for validation deserve every single rejection letter. its dead, you will never ressurect the arts. write a screenplay if you want money otherwise fuck off

freakin bacon dude

theawl.com/2013/09/i-am-an-object-of-internet-ridicule-ask-me-anything/

Why hasn't any of you autists done this ?

>what many people call “hipsterism” or, what they perceive as a slavish devotion to irony, are often in fact just forms of extreme, radical sincerity.
This is what hipsters really believe.

ironic, isn't it ? :^)

>Doing it for the money or validation
Pathetic