Ethnic diversity in UK children's books to be examined

>"The “paucity” of UK children’s books featuring an ethnically diverse lineup of characters is set to be laid bare by two Arts Council England-backed studies into representation in children’s literature."

>"ACE [Arts Council England] director for literature Sarah Crown put it on Wednesday, there is a “paucity of high-quality books for children and young adults by and about people from all walks of life”."

>"“BookTrust director of children’s books Jill Coleman was clear that “representation in children’s books is important for all children”. “A lack of diversity impacts on how young readers see themselves and the world around them, on their motivation to read, and on their aspirations to become the writers and illustrators of the future. We hope this research will give us an accurate picture of the present situation, help us to support and encourage a diverse range of talent and, ultimately, to encourage more children to develop a lifelong love of reading,” she said."

theguardian.com/books/2018/feb/07/ethnic-diversity-uk-childrens-books-arts-council-england-representation

Do you agree with fellow white people Sarah Crown and Jill Coleman that British books need to start focusing on kids who aren't White British?

why is such agenda being pushed just now? Niggers and gooks existed before current year.

What is it with the West and this bullshit? Other highly advanced economies don't have to suffer through this nonsense

No idea.

You know (((why))).

Okay jeez we get it

Another fucking /pol/ thread.

Yes /pol/, it would be nice if people of colour in children's books in the UK reflected the people who read them.

It makes sense if you adopt these maxims:

>equal representation of ethnicities
>these ethnicities being crude/vague/abstracted collections of many diverse subgroups
>even after doing this, if the majority group slice takes up most of the pie you should bump up the ratio of the rest so they're visible at all lel
You could challenge this at each step but political partisans will just screech about "fucking leftists" instead.

The fundamental oddity is that it thinks those crude ethnic groups are a good example of different walks of life. It's ironic because that is a pretty racist interpretation (that race is an important enough factor for what they want to represent). But it's quite easy to see why anti-racism is itself dependant on racism.

He was arrested for saying this.

>mudslimes and niggers are avid readers

this desu. I will not rest until there is an exact demographic representation of all groups of people. 14% of all children's novels that have a character from a poorer background being disabled POC when?

People of color don't read, though.

>You could challenge this at each step

No you couldn't, because the kikes rolling this stuff out don't in the least care about logic and consistency, its all about their mandate of undermining White Christian identity.
Everything else is just mere excuse, challange them on one point and they'll at best just grant you that you're correct and then continue along regardless

> the childfree life

That couple knows what's cooking.

Holy fuck when will this nonsense end? People keep making up these problems and then faffing about and making a fuss until they're "fixed" which will never happen because they will never be satisfied - just fuck off with this multicultural agenda-pedalling shit, its exhausting. Let kids read what they want, I doubt they give a shit about the racial identity of characters for god's sake.

>But it's quite easy to see why anti-racism is itself dependant on racism.
In case anyone wants this in plainish terms. You can find Baudrillard exploring co-dependancy in power-relationships of all kinds (e.g. the police to crime, preservationists to nature, etc) in his middle period books. I think his most famous book concerns it too.

This

This. I know if I saw more disabled people in the media I consumed as a kid, I wouldn't have called old people with one leg a retard until I was 16.

Trayvon Martin was innocent and yes, they do read.

Yeah, that's why every ethnicity aside from Afro-Caribbeans (historically oppressed) outperform white British people (which is a problem but they won't stop fucking voting for the Tories who keep them like that) in school.

No, mouthbreathers like you challenge them instead and get decimated so proper challenges are too irrelevant.

>plainish terms
>Baudrillard

>arrested for saying this
When did this become allowed? When did """"hate speech"""" actually turn into a criminal offence?

It was a joke. Try to calm your boiling emotions.

4/10

>No goy, if your argument was good we would stop :^)

This is why rat people always need to get gassed in the end

I hope you get the experience of living next to your beloved and peaceful Islamic refugees.

A racial discrimination note seems immensely harsh but I suppose who cares, just take the field trip. Parents tend to pack a special lunch if they love their kid enough and the kids dig having a day outside of the classroom, it kinda is fun. I remember a trip to a mosque and a synagogue when I was a kid (about 10 years old or something) because we didn't have either in my small seaside town. It was for the religious education subject which kids have to take so it made sense. Don't see why this image is meant to create outrage. The far-right like to complain about how sensitive the far-left is but when I see shit like this and is what pisses off the far-right then I think you guys need to take a long look in the mirror.

And here we come to it, old Barb, /pol/'s favorite piece of propaganda. You know its funny, because I went read what Spectre said in context, and guess what? She's talking about how not integrating Muslim immigrants is responsible for rising anti-semitism in Europe. And she goes onto say by multi-culturalism, she means integrating them into European culture. And when she say "the Jews will be resented", do you think, she means by whites? Ha ha no, she's talking about being resented by Muslims for trying to instill European values in them.

Funny what you can learn by reading.

>faked stats

Also, I went to a 50% non-white school in Manchester. Was great.

>Yeah just allowed the school to force everyone to go into religious buildings
>don't be so angry about it
>when muslims enforce mandatory prayers in schools you can always just pray for peace or anything

Give them one finger and they take your whole hand.

>Also, I went to a 50% non-white school in Manchester. Was great.
How anecdotally significant.

why does this always happen to be the case. what the hell is wrong with jews? I don't believe there is a Jewish mega plot gong on but why are so many jews pushing this kind of thing

I don't want to fight this, I don't want to argue against this over and over in my head. I just want to die.

Because people don't need to have a conscious plot to be behaving as if they do. Religion and ethnic identity is deeply buried in our subconsciousness and its foolish to think we are enlightened past it.
As Marx himself said, they don't know what they are doing and yet they are doing it

Why should I care if there's brown people in children's books?

>she goes onto say by multi-culturalism, she means integrating them into European culture
How successfull were all attempts of this? Almost all muslims living in France perfectly speak French, yet they still don't work, are criminals and teach radical Islamic views in their mosques. White people are rolling backwards for muslims to finally integrate, to finally learn the language and become somewhat useful members of society. How well do you think are muslims behaving in the UK, Sweden, Germany, France, etc.?

Christ alive, get your head out of your arse. You're the kind of tosser that will only realise the damage that your kind of mentality has caused once its too late to reverse the damage. Pure selfishness.

You shouldn't. You should be fine with governmentally curated art and entertainment.

The books you read are next on the list, by the way.

>Also, I went to a 50% non-white school in Manchester
Of course (((you))) did.

They don't fit in with a culture but many have the power to fundamentally change the faces and identity of that culture so that no one fits in any longer.

Male muslims drink and party, and female muslmas take the kufr dick. You have no idea how Europe works.

I've not seen you propose a counter-argument outside of arrogant insults. Return to your /pol/ bubble, user. You'll get more gratification for your ignorance there.

I live in Europe unlike you. Muslims are the biggest welfare leeches while pushing for more and more Sharia friendly laws every day.

So its OK for you lot to run around saying things with no evidence like refugees are rapists, people of colour don't read and Muslims are going to rape you but not OK for to recount something I actually lived through.

Literally none of this true. You're just making it up. It doesn't matter anyway, I was showing how dumb /pol/ is that one of their main propaganda pieces is complete bollocks and they'd know that if thy could read.

> grr muslims: the thread

Veeky Forums is for literature, user.

I don't read picture books.

God you're a faggot

I live in Europe and can say they're not and I've never had a problem or altercation with one despite living around them from birth.

What? You gave a nice little anecdote about packed lunches on school trips and call that some kind of argument? But yeah keep throwing around """ignorant!!""" as a valid response, once this country is without any kind of identity then maybe you'll finally have changed your mind.

>You're just making it up
Are you fucking retarded? Every German social study has proven that muslim immigrants are the worst in school and didn't integrate over three fucking generations. I've studied in Berlin and even among my students (the more intelligent part of muslims) there were many muslim women wearing burkas and muslim men unable to speak without a thicc accent.

Most muslims in Europe live in Europe because they know how fucked their countries are and they're trying to escape it. The ones who want Sharia law and encourage extremism are usually disowned by islamic communities for being cunts. Visit your local mosque and introduce yourself, muslims are very accommodating people. Please don't spread false information to misinform people.

>unlike you.
You're talking about another poster I guess, I literally have never left Europe.

Beurettes are kind of famous in France, and immigrants in Sweden don't follow the pious muslim meme. Secularisation, alcohol and sex won.

My point is how sensitive people like you are over children taking a field trip to a mosque. It doesn't matter, it's part of the curriculum because most kids learn about christianity, judaism, islam and sikhism while in school in the UK. It's not some immense corrupt conspiracy to flood the country with people you don't like. Get over yourself.

>Every German social study

OK, can you show me one?

>there were many muslim women wearing burkas and muslim men unable to speak without a thicc accent.

So fucking what, they might be new immigrants, you don't know that. And wearing a burka or having an accent isn't the crime of century.

Okay and how do you explain that over a thousand muslim refugees simultaneously raped/groped white women when they all are so peaceful and secular?

>live three generations in Germany
>still don't know the language
>come on, user. What's the big deal?! Don't be so intolerant!

I'm sick of lefties like you ruining my country.

>Your experiences of real life are wrong
Lefties always do this. The people that actually have to live and deal with these new immigrants are always told to shut up or just ignored completely.

Can you three faggots please go somewhere else to discuss this shit

I live in Italy and muslims are pretty tame especially if you compare them with niggers and romanians (white niggers)

>kek reals>feels faggot
>but what about muh experiences!

Because they were thirsty losers just like /pol/.

Read The Culture of Critique.

> this thread

So we going to see OP in the news soon or what

Its a slippery slope, sweetheart. If you told people a few decades ago that one day London would no longer be majority white British, or that Birmingham would be predicted to lose its white majority, that fewer than a third of Birmingham schoolchildren are white, that white Brits would end up a minority in Leicester, Luton and Slough then they would have been outraged and wouldn't have even believed you. Yet here we are. It starts with mosque visits, but it will end very differently you smug bastard.
>Get over yourself
Enough with the canned Veeky Forums catchphrases, they're meaningless.

Araps (from the levant) aren't that bad, somalis can be horrible.
It's almost like it's an ethnic or cultural issue and not a religious issue.

What an insult to the rape victims that reply is. How many more times does this kind of tragedy need to happen before you finally stop this mindless agenda? 100 more children raped and abused? How many?

Thats why i said ish. His prose may not be plain but the way he hammers the same points more than once using various examples makes them plain despite the prose style.

>see brown people
>assume things about them with no evidence

You literally just told me my anecdote about going to school with many Muslims wasn't valid and now you're fucking whining because I turned around and said "alright, well yours don't either then".

God, arguing with you people is like arguing with someone with late stage Alzheimers.

Nothing conspiritorial about it, they have average IQ's 15 points higher than native Europeans so naturally are over-represented in highest levels of society
They are also anti-Nationalist(outside of Israel) just as you would be anti-Nationalism if you lived in Japan or an African nation.
Their interests simply don't align with native-Europeans

>Experience isn't reality
I know this is Veeky Forums but enough with the abstract philosophy

>Veeky Forums is one person

London is majority white now, thanks to Polish immigrants. But you /pol/lacks are so fucking stupid, you supported Brexit and now Poles aren't going to be able to travel into the UK freely and it will become majority none white again. You're so thick you can't even do racism right.

>Guys there was a muslim kid in my class multiculturalism works!

>Guys! Guys? Why doesn't anyone want to hang out with me? Fucking mudslimes!

(reddit space)
Agreed, fellow British user!

>my anecdotes > yours
why are you even arguing

Because your heavenly experience in the mosque doesn't undo the negative experiences of others. Congrats, it was one of the greatest days of your life but the experiences of people that have seen the damage this kind of immigration and cultural shift can cause are far more important. If you call this a bias then you're not paying attention.

>Projecting this hard

The UK has always had immigrants, Birmingham has had a large Caribbean and Asian community for the past 50 years. Sikhs fought for us during WW2.

Sorry, sweetie, but we have browns in towns now. White people rape and murder too.

>People who disagree with me are losers! haha
Childish.

lmao

>these experiences are more important because they're bad
you are impressively dumb

Ummm, we wuz here first, sweetie!

What, 0.001% of the population or something

>Pray tell sirrah, why do you not engage with my greentext devoid of substance?

If you are seriously gonna tell me that the situation in modern Britain is anywhere near close to a precedent in recent British history then you are absolutely delusional. Towns losing their white majority is unheard of, stop ignoring facts.

>When you have to import white people to keep your capital's ethnic majority
>Having a mishmash of European whites is the same as a native majority
Oh dear. Also, thanks for assuming I'm a brexiteer, but you're wrong and obviously very upset so I'll leave you to cool down.

Fag

>Let's ignore experiences of rape because most women's experiences haven't involved rape!
Horror stories are vastly more important. Think a bit harder before you fill in the captcha next time.

What a nice strawman.
Rape is already illegal, just in case you don't know. And criminals are deported in my country.

>get caught out
>non-sequitur

Don't use anecdotes if you don't want other people to then.

Now you're just strawmanning. You don't having a simgle shred of evidence to "prove" how much "harm" muslim immigration is doing. Muslims don't even make up that many immigrants anymore. According to ONS statics only 30% of immigrants in 2017 were "Asian", and that includes East Asians as well.

researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN06077/SN06077.pdf

>>When you have to import white people to keep your capital's ethnic majority

Yeah, they do. Why? Because white British people would rather live in upper working or middle class suburbs. I don't know if you know this, but where all those "non-white British" people are living are low quality housing and have been since the 19th century. So blame the white British people moving to Essex and shit, not the people moving in to replace them.

Cool. The illegality and deportation really helped those women, didn't it?

Yes, I too remember the time we deported every adult male from the country.
You should do some thinking before posting as well.

why are all niggers and spics the color of shit? they smell like shit too.

so undiverse :/