Hitchens Vs Peterson: Dawn of Morality

Hitchens Vs Peterson: Dawn of Morality

spectator.co.uk/2018/02/jordan-peterson-doesnt-go-nearly-far-enough/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZmmIetI5o&t=48s
youtube.com/watch?v=1NzlZ2GADaI
youtube.com/watch?v=OzsGmdmhDTI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>His message is aimed at people who have grown up in the post-Christian West. I think it appeals especially to young men. And I think this is mainly because those young men cannot work out how to behave correctly towards modern young women. These young women’s minds have been trained to mistrust masculinity. But in their hearts they still despise feeble, feminised men. The outcome is that men are trapped in a minefield, in the midst of a quicksand. Whether you stand still or move, it will still destroy you. I do not know how anyone copes with it, or ever could.

Hitchens is quite literally my dad

Conspiratorial pseudo-intellectual gibberish.

tl;dr Hitchens is not part of Peterson's intended audience.

forbid posting about these absolute pseuds PRONTO

Hitchens is not a pseud. He's one of the few meme thinkers who has the humility not to claim authority outside his domain

>I am too keenly aware of the good things which have been utterly lost in recent years to be comforted by what looks like an attempt to reconcile us with the revolutionary order. I find it hard to applaud efforts to help me adapt to a world which I think has gone utterly wrong.

That's a pretty good identification of a main sticking point with Peterson. Of course, this plays into Hitchens' own problem which is that he has no solutions either.

the tldr of the article is "Peterson is kind of a pussy and doesn't really have the balls to be really mean about things that he should be" and I don't really think anyone would disagree with that. Peterson is a clever, highly educated pussy, which is entirely why he's successful, he's palatable to other pussies who don't agree with typical ultra left politics but are also afraid of being labeled "alt right".

Hitchens is not a pussy, in fact, he's kind of an asshole, so he is squarely outside of Petersons demographic.

>They seem to me (even if they work as claimed) to be a version of Aldous Huxley’s soma, the drug that reconciled the inhabitants of Brave New World to their servitude and ignorance.

>which is that he has no solutions either.

He doesn't claim he does though at least unlike Peterson who actively asks people to give him money to "sort themselves out"

t. unsorted

What complete and utter bullshit

>afraid of being labeled "alt right".
What if -- and please consider it -- these people simply don't share the same delusions you have.

Which delusions are you referring to?

your delusions, the deluding delusions which you are deluded by.

>hitchens
>pseud

what's he reacting to here?

He's right though

do you think the same thing about aspirin?

probably degeneracy

nigga fuck you I'm weening myself SSRIs (down to a 1/4 of what I would have usually taken 2 months ago) and I'm finally starting to feel like a human again and not a zombie

>hitchens
>jewish mother
>peterson
>jewish wife

HMM MAKES ME THINK

If a new Peterson came along who was better spoken, more presentable, and did a more convincing job of weaving his field of study into supporting the right while also giving modern young men purpose, Peterson would be dropped in a minute. The reason he's defended so tirelessly is because they have no one else. They can't really articulate what Land has to say, and he's not that active of a content creator. The other options are laughable, like Shapiro and that faggot with the bleached hair. The only thing they'd muster in their defense is "they're not wrong" "tell me how he's wrong," stuff like that. Who else does the right have? I feel like I'm missing a few.

It's kind of embarrasing there's no presentable traditionalist intellectuals, so they end up with a liberal Canadian doing apologetics for marriage and capitalism.

Radical Petersonism when?
>government mandated room cleanliness checks
>brownshirts roam the streets violently misgendering trans people
>national animal replaced by a lobster

that's because traditionalism is such a ridiculous and indefensible position. It's 2018, not 1950. Get over it.

It's an untapped market. The evangelical, traditional values moralists the boomers loved are obsolete. I'd think Peterson is casting the mold for our generation. Unless his dominance of the market is challenged, millions of anons will grow up into conservatives (liberal or traditional, dosen't matter) who compare every new intellectual figure and every thought they read in relation to daddy Peterson and wisdoms.

please be baiting

Jesus the amout of deluded mutt peterson fanboys. The north american might as well be wiped off the map, NO MUTT could ever understand the concept of traditionalism

>who has the humility not to claim authority outside his domain
What is his domain though?

Britain

this is true
women are laughing at you
minorities are laughing at you
Europeans are laughing at you
what are you doing this for again?

That is too big for one man. What is in his qualifications?

Peterson isn't political, he is personal. He says fix yourself first and the rest will follow. Which is a grand message in today's world of ready made partisan group think (just add false outrage). Hitchens is just another political snob. One wants to help people find what they think, the other wants people to think what he thinks.

bike riding

youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZmmIetI5o&t=48s

seriously though he is an expert in all moral laws and traditions of britain as well as the end of soviet russia

of course he is political, peterson is very clearly a liberal

>he is an expert in all moral laws and traditions of britain as well
Any old man in UK can be that too. What makes him so special?

He is an excellent debater as well, just look him up on youtube. He frequently is a part of tv panels. Most are interesting if youre into politics i would say

Watch out for his pessimism however

>Land
>Inspiring for young men
Uhh

>of course he is political, peterson is very clearly a liberal
Meaningless, he doesn't affiliate himself with any political identity. Liberals appealing to tradition? Nice try pseud.

He has gone on record calling himself a classical British liberal

I meant what are his qualifications. What makes him more qualified than a grumpy old man on the street ranting about 'Back in my day ..."?

>Most are interesting if youre into politics i would say
Oh I already know about his participation in politics

Peterson has made himself known publicly by taking a political stance, he's an academic that advises young people, and deals with subjects that have their political relevance. Not to mention he's appeared on political shows to argue over points on contemporary political issues. He carries a message that is political. I realize he's not running for office, nor does he brand himself with any outrageous -isms, but he is political.

It's wild how club Peterson can detect the political significance of a film or story from miles off, but will not acknowledge their guru as political because he dosen't get on TV to announce "I'm being political now guys."

youtube.com/watch?v=1NzlZ2GADaI

>everything is ideology
how's that half read Zizek tome treating you? You'll finish it one day don't worry user

retard

a classical british liberal isn't an american liberal
a classical liberal is a conservative

>he doesn't affiliate himself with any political identity
Bitch is already calling himself a classical liberal, that is like the term center-right wingers call themselves to pretend they aren't center-right wingers

And what party represents them? None.

Someone else won an award he was shortlistred for IIRC.

Tell him he's a good lad.

Obviously the conservative party does, globalist continue the tradtion of the british liberal, clear as day. And no the conservative party isn't in the slightest traditionalist

I guess they just like hearing the sounds he can make with his mouth, or they really just like rambling stories since it's not the ideas he is unpacking from them which give them meaning that they are after. They'd probably be fans of ASMR or daily vlogs as well.

>. I realize he's not running for office, nor does he brand himself with any outrageous -isms, but he is political.
>contradicts himself in the same sentence
think we're done here

I've never read him, but being this much of a radical empericist is not very convincing. It may have worked in the days of Locke and Hume, when the layperson couldn't read, but it's beyond idiotic today.

>being this much of a sore loser

except he didn't contradict himself at all

You have to call yourself by some party identity to effect political change? Is that what you're saying?

I'm judging Peterson on what he does, not really what he say's he's doing.

>think we're done here

blow it out your ass fag

>you only are political if you are running for office

big fucking mutt

Retard v. Retard: The Article

>a classical liberal is a conservative
That would depend on the country, wouldn't it. I'd like to think a conservative would be fine with state intervention, to prevent 'moral decay' and the destruction of tradition by the free market.

i think thats a pretty good point about women want to immasculate men whilst simulatenously want men to be masculine.

>I'm judging Peterson on what he does, not really what he say's he's doing.
So he doesn't belong to any movement or party but based on what he does he's political? God, how do people this stupid function. You just make noises, the meaning of the words is totally secondary to regurgitating as many as you can. I guess that's just the nature of today's rhetoric, fucking morons trying to convince others through sheer quantity of speech.

>government mandated room cleanliness checks
We already have that with conscription. Not a good practice - it stems from the egalitarian world view, where all meat can be thrown into the grinder. More industrial views have already taken its place.
>brownshirts
More like redshirts, he's Canadian, after all.
>roam the streets violently misgendering trans people
That's only if they don't pass the quality check. Transwoman who passes for a woman will be labeled she. Not because she wants to be called that (ships don't want to be called anything, either), but simply because she passes the cultural norms.
>national animal replaced by a lobster
That would be cool.

Not that guy but your false sense of superiority isnt working lad

BIG FAT MUTT PSEUD

>It's wild how club Peterson
>everyone who doesn't agree with me is a partisan ideologue
t. partisan ideologue

Well said.

Mate, first of all, it's impossible to take a stance on literally anything without being political. Second of all, one can clearly see Peterson is mostly ok with today's neoliberalism, choosing instead to blame all the evil in contemporary world on feminist cartoons and french intellectuals.
It's impossible to ignore this, it's impossible to ignore the man is very clearly pro-status quo for anyone who has even a passing education in political theory.

Of course actually understanding the words I use, and using them coherently is "false superiority" and thus doesn't work on you. As I said, that's just the nature of today's debate with today's morons, it has nothing to do with substance, only volume. If it did work on your ilk that's when I'd be in the wrong.

>Mate, first of all, it's impossible to take a stance on literally anything without being political.

>Bloom
>not political

Well, given that today there are groups that hate everything you do based on your characteristics (white heterosexual Christian male), it becomes political. You say sky is blue, but that is only because of the language you used is formed through history, which is political. Haha checkmate. We, however, reject this history and can use the language as a weapon. We don't even need this oppressive language and its standards.
youtube.com/watch?v=OzsGmdmhDTI

It's cute to see you're overcompensating with rudeness, like a true pseud.

But Bloom critique literary shit and nothing else.

The right is at its best when it's being consciously anti-intellectual. It's a waste of time trying to participate in an i intellectual discourse when all contemporary intellectualism is rooted in left-wing ideology.

As if i dont understand them, you are however clearly wrong when you claim that peterson and his message isn't political and no big worded sentences from a 19 year old mutt college student will change that. It also seems that nobody in this thread actually agrees with you so why dont you provide some argument for your stream of half-baked consciousness or is it just dogma we should accept as you are clearly a superiour individual m'lord

Mutts please reffrain from posting in the future, thanks

I have no control or interest in what other groups do. Their purported hate is totally irrelevant. It's perfectly possible to have your own ideas and not be political and only a modern idiot thinks otherwise. Probably the same kind of idiot who thinks a toilet can be art, and everyone deserves participation medals. Just the kind of idiots who are bent on eroding all meaning from everything. Well you have fun with that, I'll be over here.

Strawman (Straw-woman)

Poast physique right now

i am 100 percent sure you look like a bitch

why do we hate /pol/ again? they have great taste

Not at all. It doesn't mean all my enemies are like that, but that there are creatures like that. Hence my mere existence is a political statement.

They should have a debate. Sounds like it would be interesting for Peterson to debate someone who's more conservative than himself.

>What is his domain though?
Having opinions

Don't you know it's a fact that right wingers tend to be less educated? Of course this fact is touted as some kind of discredit to them while pretending that college is just a leftist indoctrination chamber.

> but that there are creatures like that.
In that case I'm so sorry you have to see this.

>others observing what you do changes what's done
The sad thing is there's people who actually believe this swill.

that college isn't*

Honestly I look down on anyone who has a college degree my age.

>Honestly I look down on anyone who has a college degree my age.
Sour grapes

>others observing what you do changes what's done
Are you familiar with Schrödinger's cat?

However, we don't even need to go there. You can be painting roses wherever, thinking it's not political, but a group like ISIS might kill you for it. Politics is expanding at a rapid rate, and we must stop it.

Yeah, it sure is terrible having a career and no debt, and not being brainwashed.

The invasion of imbeciles, everyone.

embarrassing

We need a political architecture that allows for non-political existence. Say, state borders to halt foreign invasions, laws to halt anarchistic, chaotic and oppressive elements from changing your behavior etc.

>Are you familiar with Schrödinger's cat?
Can we just ban Peterson threads so we don't have to deal with this level of idiocy?

>If I do something, I get to say what it is, not the observer and not the system

He's right, Peterson is putting the final nail in the coffin by turning the last people who could be legitimate "reactionaries" into people who (think) they can still settle for post-modernity (or modernity, for that matter).

The Catholic right is where the intellectual heft is. Ross Douthat, Michael Brendan Dougherty, etc.

It's not always all about women.

Authorial intent is dead old man, I get to decide what Joyce meant, and I say he was a gay feminist lusting for the BBC (post op). My interpretation is just as valid as anyone's.

Are these Catholic or Vatican II Sect cultists?

>Are you familiar with Schrödinger's cat?
Imagine being this totally divorced from self awareness.