Ancient Evil

Give me some books with (well-written) 'ancient' evil/magic that is actually impressive or scary.

E.g. Lovecraft.

>well-written
>Lovecraft
top lel

He's ok if hit and miss. But the concept is good.

Machen

How well has he aged?

Where is that painting from?

I recommended this to another user, but it might fit your request as well . Only 250 pages in though.

I think it's from The Witcher 3?

Thanks, that looks pretty interesting!

Yup it is, the Ladies of the Wood, inspired me to make this thread actually.

lol you recommended that book to that poster you absolute madman. trying to kill the kid?
basic recs are The King in Yellow, Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe, In A Glass Darkly
have fun sleep tight and dont let z̨̰͕̱͙̺̳̊̃̒̉̕͞͡a̙̩̤̞̪͓͙͑̆́̋̊͡ļ̶̛̣̬̹̯̹̠̄̈̆͑̍̉̊̐͡ͅģ͎̦̹́̇̌̔̈̈́̔̾̓͟͟ǒ̵̱̩̟̫̝͍̞̍̊͐͑͘͟͝ bite

Thomas Ligotti sometimes has this

Songs of a dead dreamer and Grimscribe spooked the fuck out of me, not even memeing

Yeah, I mean it's not THAT extraordinary difficult, is it?

>e.g lovecraft
hate to inform you user but Lovecraft is the tip of the iceburg: babby's first goth
Begin by reading the objectively best/scariest piece of evil/magic genre, "The Great God Pan" by Arthur Machen

right but in that situation it's like someone saying I want to cook something new I like making scampi and casseroles. and you say hey here, try making consommé. simple in theory but awful if you don't have skill

Fair enough. Getting back to it now and see what's up with the Wandering Jew...

I read the first story, it was about a psychiatrist at a prison. Does it get any better than this? Got nothing out of it.

that nigga always going on about something just waiting for the time to spring himself from that wanna be magician

lol a literal ancient evil comes and steals his daughter
if you don't like it stop

I just found the story far-fetched and predictable, that's why I'm asking whether I should go on.

Yes, it gets better
That story is just the icebreaker
It, quite literally, let supernatural evil in through the window

>demands good stories about ancient evil
>complains of one being "far-fetched"
user... I think you may be in the wrong genre