Is this book really as mind-opening as people claim it is?

Is this book really as mind-opening as people claim it is?

Why don't you read it and find out instead of posting on Veeky Forums all day?

Because Veeky Forums is basically crack.

not an argument

/thread

Its a reason

It's an excuse.

itt: nobody who has read it

I'll read it right now u fag. I'll report back in a few hours

You need to see whats it breaking from for it to be interesting, it's like the nietzschaen anti-hegel via parts of kant

There's probably an epic song lyric I could fit in here but I can't think of anything.

Why bother reading what it's breaking if what it's breaking is breaking (and therefore flawed)?

Because you probably believe in it unknowingly via sharing the same aspects of ideals

You don't have to post everything that crosses your mind, user.

It's so bad Deleuze killed himself

What's so sad about it? He killed himself just as he was about to die anyway.

yeahhh, youre gonna need to lose that attitude if youre going to read deleuze

It sucks all postmodern stuff sucks

huh, nothin personal kid but all thought is flawed

Yes but you have to know what you're in for. Don't bother reading it unless you're well-versed in Nietzsche, Spinoza, Hume, Kant, Proust, Bergson -- and even then, a guide is recommended.
It's not really postmodern (in the way you most likely mean).

How do you know what I most likely mean?

>How do you know what I most likely mean by saying that Deleuze sucks because all postmodern stuff sucks?
Because you're probably a Peterson parrot and so you probably are thinking of "postmodern" as wannabe Derrridean crass relativist pseudoMarxist liberal feminism, and Deleuze is definitely not that.

The Joe Hughes guide to D&R is very helpful and concise, would recommend. Its posted on b-ok.org. The Henry Sommers Hall guide is not posted there (but some of his other work on Delueze is), and that one is less concise, and more like a step by step walk through paragraph by paragraph, if you think that would be helpful.

D&R is certainly worthwhile if you want to get up on contemporary philosophy. As said though, you should have some context for it first, at least some Kant, Spinoza and Nietzsche, Bergson too. Hume and Proust maybe less so imo, though they would certainly help.

Imagine The Critique of Pure Reason was written by a French post-structuralist imbecile instead of Immanuel Kant. That's Différence et Répétition