youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY
youtube.com/watch?v=iVWp8HEMXIc
youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s
youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo
youtu.be/n0AL2h0DWzg
last.fm/user/Trigonal_Planar/library/artists
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Black metal: Burzum, Mesarthim, Summoning, mainly atmospherical stuff
Classical music: Prokofiev, Mussorgsky, Shostakovich, Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Debussy, Brahms
Trap: $uicideboy$, Bones, Ghostemane
Also a lot of folk or folkish music: Instanpitta, Wardruna, Danheim

Mars Argo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfV_WkyMM-Q

LoFi beats
German/English Rap
EDM, especially Minimal Techno
and everything else I like across all genres, as long as it can grip me
Nothing at all which could be said of too have a unreflected, happy vibe

Yeah like Ambient, EDM, IDM, stuff like that. Electronic music.

I'll take some metal. When I do, it's usually heavily post-rock influenced. Which is something else I am a fan of: post-rock.

Instrumental hip-hop. That is, hip-hop without lyrics has always been a favorite of mine.

Some of my favorite albums last year:

Danger - Taiko
Jai Wolf - Kindred Spirits
Blockhead - Funeral Balloons
Arms and Sleepers - Life Is Everywhere
Sekuoia - Flac
Mount Kimbie - Love What Remains
Max Cooper - Chromos
Mura Masa - s/t
Entheogenic - Dreamtime Physics
Klaada - Breaking the Cycle
Iteration - Com Truise
Bonobo - Migration

Good rock/folk stuffs:

The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding
Arcade Fire - Everything Now!
sleepmakeswaves - Made of Breath Only
Wolves in the Throne Room - Thrice Woven

Just some favorites.

I’m on that phase where you listen to the things you liked before /mu/ (as in Tool, Tame Impala, etc)

Oh I forgot probably the best things released last year, BT's Untitled album and Emancipator's Baralku.

I mean, Untitled technically was released in 2016 but some people consider it released in 2017 anyway. Whatever.

Also I usually am listening to deadmau5 or Shingo Nakamura when I read. Some kind of nice progressive house to make me feel like reading extremely technical in depth things are more important than they are.

I am an avid non-fiction reader. I read almost exclusively non-fiction. The way I see it: I have very little time in my life, why devote any of it at all to reading about stories that never happened, even if the moral is legitimate? I would rather read about things that have actually occurred.

I'm into the post-industrial hip hop scene, here's a 1000 song playlist if anyone wants to listen:
open.spotify.com/user/brayden111111/playlist/4wjSgmN3xzotdFJI45HRMf
Here a post a song that I liked most in a day everyday:
open.spotify.com/user/brayden111111/playlist/2rZoxGnvi4hRIF6KalanuV
Here's that for an entire summer:
open.spotify.com/user/brayden111111/playlist/6r3riyaWq057lPFY5S6nEN

Whatever early Bowie is
Indie pop / lighter indie rock
For classical, mostly 19th century and later piano, but some older stuff as well
Lo-fi

Not exhaustive at all, those are the main areas I listen to though

GOOD album

Try some modernist Russian piano composers. Scriabin, Roslavets, etc

This thread is satire, right?

The entire catalogue of Nine Inch Nails in chronological order:

Pretty hate machine: innocence and discovery
Broken: rage
The downward spiral: torment and self introspection
The fragile: the release of the self to drift into the unknown
With teeth: rebirth and affirmation
Year zero: battling external forces
Ghosts 1-36: shape and sound without a message
The slip: the desire to forge ahead
Hesitation marks: the discovery of new feelings and reconciliation with the past

Repeat.

Linkin Park

Shostakovich, Vivaldi, Bethoven, Debussy, some Wagner, all the good 90s bands (My bloody valentine, Slint, Slowdive, RHP, etc), Velvet underground, some krautrock (Klaus schulze, Amon dull II, etc), Tim Hecker, some black metal (mainly peste noire and Ulver), Pop Group, Talking Heads, Italian rap, Dalek, cLOUDDEAD, some post-punk bands, King Crimson, Charles Mingus, Bill Evans trio, Sun Ra, Electric Wizard, Meredith Monk, Nico, Bach.
I used to listen to a lot of post-rock and blackgaze when I was younger but now I find it painfully boring.

Fucking based, my guy. I love their "amateur" sound.

i find YOU painfully boring

Rainfall pitter patter, thunder cracks, volcano eruption, howler monkey screams, glacier melting, slow motion Chopin

ok :'(

Classical music and the 80s, mainly post-punk and goth rock. Contemporary music of whatever genre sucks.

Natural Snow Buildings and the Rolling Stones are all I listen to these days. I highly recommend the former to anyone who likes ambient, post-rock, or drone.

Joy division. My nigga

>shostakovich
>beethoven
>bach
>mbv
>vu
>krautrock
>talking heads

>boring

what the fuck is wrong with you? this is one of the most unboring music there is

Nothing like Closer played on a cloudy Saturday morning, my nigga.
Inb4 Unknown Pleasures is better.

>no Stravinsky
Fuck off...

Quiteness!
It's snowing

Travis Scott
Smokepurrp
Migos
Rich The Kid

nonironically

It’s joy division. It’s all top tits

Black Sabbath and related metal

This shit.

I know I listen to boring old man music, I don't know why.

Bunch of plebs - why do you let other people organise sound for you when God has already marshaled it all for you? When I want relaxation I just stick my head out of the window.

What I have listened to this week

Animal Collective-spirit they're gone, spirit they've vanished
Talk Talk- spirit of Eden
Joy Division- Closer
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Paysage d'Hiver- s/t
White Noise- An Electric Storm
Tim Buckley- Lorca

>when god closes the window he gets a surprise lol
see why i need heavy beats to cloud my internal monologue?

Thanks mate they sound pretty good, will research them further

Pic related from last week. I don't really care about music I just listen to what I like.

Dance music. Shit like lobster theremin records
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6GrA_G0NU
youtube.com/watch?v=rQi4nORpz_c
youtube.com/watch?v=ChyJYQgpgrU
youtube.com/watch?v=-RIkKxjwZo0

Ha! Fucking idiot. Has to stick his head outside. Doesn't hear the kingdom of music within, doesn't hear the ever present hum, doesn't know the tuning-fork at the centre of being because he muffles his funnel with real sounds.

---

Why is it that people would think the gods speak in words and not in melody? I dream in conversations, not pictures, and I can only hear the sounds of the voices, not reasons.

There is a certain lady that speaks softly, and you'd think she was full of rage, but the sentences are all just, all fact, all observation. Her words are music as much as music is the buzz of some light high up on a pole, lighting an empty field on a prairie. I call back to her and I know I've cancelled the pact I've made with her, that once more and I'll have to cut my own tongue out and eat it. Her lesson is harsh and the threat is real, but still I don't really listen.

---

I'm always getting carried away....

youtube.com/watch?v=GLKmMBlChyU

Only the AOTY my dude

>MFW YELLOW INVASION

bob dylan, neutral milk hotel, cap'n jazz, animal collective, fugazi, j dilla, bill evans, burzum, 90's emo / screamo, the beach boys, minutemen, hank williams sr, sonny clark, miles davis, lil ugly mane, horrid cross, tom waits, 90's memphis hip hop, the velvet underground, burial, beck, aphex twin, joan of arc, howlin wolf just to name a few

THE
BRIAN
JONESTOWN
MASSACRE

>German Rap

Indie rock/folk

My thoughts

A brief selection of only the non-classical music I listen to:

The Beach Boys • David Bowie • Arcade Fire • Sun Kil Moon • Radiohead • Brian Eno • Big Black • Jimi Hendrix • Joy Division • Bob Dylan • Cannibal Ox • Mogwai • Panda Bear • Young Thug • Darkthrone • Julia Holter • Kendrick Lamar • Yes • My Bloody Valentine • The Beatles • Sun Ra • The Replacements • Death Grips • Car Seat Headrest • The Cure • The Jesus Lizard • Weezer • The Smiths • Drive Like Jehu • Fugazi • Thelonious Monk • Eric Dolphy • Albert Ayler • Pharoah Sanders • Ornette Coleman • Nico • Suicide • Metallica • Slint • Minutemen • Husker Du • Tom Waits • Van Morrison • Bruce Springsteen • Deafheaven • Depeche Mode • The Stone Roses • A Tribe Called Quest • Jay Z • Ghostface Killah • Neil Young • Alcest • Beastie Boys • Leonard Cohen • Violent Femmes • Kraftwerk • Sigur Ros • Swans • Pere Ubu • Janelle Monae • Robert Wyatt • Frank Ocean • Danny Brown • Mobb Deep • Nas • Biggie Smalls • Mf Doom • Wu-Tang Clan • Talking Heads • Courtney Barnett • The Microphones • Miles Davis • Jethro Tull • Burial • The Antlers • Porcupine Tree • Father John Misty • The Strokes • Pavement • Andrew Jackson Jihad • Neutral Milk Hotel • American Football • Yeasayer • Kanye West • Lou Reed • The Velvet Underground • King Crimson • Slowdive • Pink Floyd • Fleet Foxes • Primal Scream • Cocteau Twins • Spiritualized • Portishead • Massive Attack • Fuzz • Alvvays • Jeff Buckley • Nick Drake • Electric Light Orchestra • The Mars Volta • Mac Demarco • Chance the Rapper • Deltron 3030 • Bjork • Can • Flying Lotus • Clipping • Boards of Canada • Beach House • Ulver • Electric Wizard • The Flaming Lips • Burzum • Funkadelic • Interpol • Ween • The Avalanches • Modest Mouse • Pixies • The National • Brand New • Unwound • Sufjan Stevens • Tame Impala • Justice • Love • Television • Daft Punk • The Doors • Death from Above 1979 • Ariel Pink • Bob Marley • Oneohtrix Point Never • Red House Painters • Dj Shadow • Opeth • Agalloch • Animal Collective • Broken Social Scene • The White Stripes • Guided by Voices • Kyuss • Belle and Sebastian • Gza • Mos Def • Ride • Wilco • 16 Horsepower • Exuma • Lcd Soundsystem • Pj Harvey • Kate Bush • The Magnetic Fields • The Smashing Pumpkins • Nirvana • Talk Talk • Joni Mitchell • Vince Staples • Deerhunter • Isis • Sonic Youth • Frank Zappa • J Dilla • Arca • Jon Hopkins • Wire • Aphex Twin • Autechre • Elliott Smith • Yo La Tengo • Art Blakey • Cannonball Adderley • Charles Mingus • Sonny Rollins • Johnny Cash • Huun-Huur-Tu • Stars of the Lid • Brockhampton • The Zombies • Outkast • Simon and Garfunkel

If that is what you consider brief then I don't want to see the long version.

ITT: conformist circlejerk
Fuck off back to /mu/

BASED taste user

Lil Xan

Bach, Feldman, Scelsi, Beethoven, Webern, Schoenberg, Monteverdi, Bartók, Xenakis, Messiaen, Nono, Varèse, Ligeti.

Meme, with no discerning taste, just listens to everything

the sound of crying from you getting b& for off topic threads you make in an attempt to try to turn Veeky Forums into your socialite hugbox reddit+

i'm streaming the new mgmt album off apple music, this is like their first album that has more than two goods songs, quite a triumph

I am several years late but I just started getting into Mac Demarco tbqh

I've also listened to a lot of ragtime music lately.

>limiting yourself to one genre of music
pls user get the stick out of your butt

It's not about genre, it's about discerning what's good from the rest of the noise.

This: youtube.com/watch?v=AukFsBv2oDY

I am one with the hidden universe of ideas.

hardstyle
2000s techno/club
Russian composers
stoner metal/stoner rock
lofi synthcore
anything from the 80s (most god-tier era of music)

>the Beatles
>good

laughingscaruffi.jpg

Not that bullshit

gross. leave /mu/ at once that place is poison.

>mfw you didn't include The Cramps
youtube.com/watch?v=iVWp8HEMXIc

You ain't no punk, you punk. This thread is full of children and posers. I hate all of you creeps.

>the cramps

this is punk? just sounds like some rockabilly fag shit to me

Nigga that is like, every artist/group.

this is great, thanks for the rec my man

one thing i noticed about british music that a lot of it sucks

>I got kicked out of [Hawkwind] for doing the wrong drugs
RIP Lemmy

>and then I got back to England and fucked all their wives

the grateful dead and bach

Lemmy leaving the band isn't the worst way anyone left the band.
One guy got left on tour because he spent too long on the phone to his gf.
One guy chased the band with a sword to the autobahn when they unpacked his grenades from their luggage.
Lemmy got soft.

>chased the band with a sword
Be fair. They left Calvert back in after that.

thats subjective tho. whats good to you might suck to me and vice versa. i have no doubt the user you're replying to genuinely loves the artists he listed.

>Rock:
Led Zeppelin, The Who, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steppenwolf, Foghat, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Styx, Peter Frampton

>Classical(not the period):
Tchaikovsky, Wagner, Grieg, Satie, Beethoven, Ravel, Bach, Handel. I know I'm missing a lot more

>Rap:
Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Future, Migos, J. Cole, Meek Mill

>Reggae:
Bob obviously, Steele Pulse, Rebelution, Iration, The Peppers

James Blake. He's the great pop artist of our generation.

I know but the list is a real mixed bag of good, bad and worse.

Only integral serialist compositions

which are your favourites?

Seeing him tomorrow night. Pretty excited even though I only like his self-titled.

for you

For everybody who reads such a list.

BIG DISCO NOISE

That album all day nigga

Bach or go fuck your mother

I love posting charts

here is my to read list

I listen to trap music exclusvly. I also only date black women and was taught how to roll a swisher blunt by one of them

Whatever makes them feel smart

>bukowski
>rothfuss
>fukuyama
thanks for the brain aneurysm

youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s
youtube.com/watch?v=9AUEjzVQwKo

>no kpop

Ryo Fukui - jazz
Haitus Kaiyote - future soul
Nxworries - rap/soul
Elder - psychedelic metal
Death - death metal
Rush - classic prog rock

Gesang der Jünglinge, Mantra, the list goes on...

yeah I've read most of Bukowski's oeuvre and now am getting to the stuff I put off because I thought it'd be weak (just finished Hollywood, it was ok)
As for Rothfuss, haven't read any fantasy in a lonnnnnnngg time and seems like a popular one, also have Mort on there as well
Fukuyama was recommended to me on this very website
soz about the brain, m8

ZUN

wait is gesang de jungline intergral serialism? i always thought it was just the regular kind at most for some reasons

Minimal, techno, tech-house

youtu.be/n0AL2h0DWzg

last.fm/user/Trigonal_Planar/library/artists
rate me

Medieval music mostly. Also lo-fi ambient.

>Third Eye Blind in 531st place
what