If I read on average 3 hours every day will i become more articulate,creative and a better overall writer?

If I read on average 3 hours every day will i become more articulate,creative and a better overall writer?

no. aim for 8

You might get burned out doing that every day.

How old are you? You do realize you'll have entire decades to read, learn, and write before you die ?

Completely depends on what and how you read.

22.Actually I am doing this for two weeks now and I am doing fine so far.English is not my first language by the way

Yes. You should spend some time writing as well (even keeping a journal will help). Good luck.

3 hours isn't that much. I manage two solid hours of reading (not including 2nd language studies) as a wageslave without much difficulty.

>tfw read 12 hours a day
it's my job tbf but fuck me lad

Yes,it is doable.

Becoming a decent writer is probably 70% just knowing a lot of stuff. Reading helps, but you need to know the inner workings of various things well enough to the point where you can explain it to someone in a basic way. A lot of this comes from in-person experience, along with reading non-fiction books about specific subjects.

If you think philosophy and fiction will make you a better writer, you're not entirely wrong, but you are mostly wrong.

Ok!

yes, and it's probably more effective if you study those books too instead of just reading them.

It really depends in what mood i'm in. Sometimes I don't read for weeks, other times I read for 5 or 6 hours each day, usually when i'm on a vacation.

copyeditor?

How many hours a day do you write?

I just write a journal.1 hour tops.

historian studying charter material, so it's incredibly (and annoyingly) verbose records

Try writing some short stories my dude

It's less about the amount you read and more about how you approach the text.
What kind of story is the author trying to convey? What themes are present throughout the story? What about the prose do you find appealing? What about the writer's style is weak?
Passively consuming books can only amount to so much. Take breaks from reading to apply what you've found interesting to your own writing.

Reading doesnt make you a better writer. It makes you an uninspired copycat.

Ok,I just enjoy reading,so I will read as much as I can anyway.

I think the hope with reading is that it shows you how other authors were able to express their ideas. Presumably, if you’re a writer, you already have many of your own notions and ideas about things. But you learn how to express these notions by reading the works of others.

HOW ABOUT YOU USE YOUR SPACEBAR YOU ABSOLUTE HOBGOBLIN

Sorry,I am writing from phone

you still have a spacebar on your phone, indian

I am pressing it,I don't know what you mean

>being moody

London?

you'd do better if you meditated for 20 minutes and read for 40