ITT: Post your political stance and your major/degree

ITT: Post your political stance and your major/degree

And no, this is not a /pol/ thread, i'm just looking to see if there is some truth to the notion that all Arts-fags are commies while all STEMfags are filled with apolitical conservatives.

that woman's face is entirely made of the shape (

i just read-- okay thats all..

Then post what you're reading.

Psychology major.

My political stance is that different political/economic systems are appropriate for different times and places. By appropriate I mean that the systems are adaptive to group survival. For example, capitalist systems are currently most adaptive to group survival in the western world but this was not always the case and will not always be the case.

Unironic supporter of the caste system and theocratically-sanctioned monarchs

Pre-med

why do you LARP so

Math/Communist

I also like anime.

Art hoe
NatSoc

mathematics

clerical fascist (kinda)

think /pol/ kinda misses the point alot. most of the posters there make themselves seem like idiots often. not unlike most people everywhere I guess

psych major
what we call political beliefs are nothing but a manifestation of those thoughts and feelings about ourselves and others that we are too ignorant to express honestly.
>inb4 muh unconscious
without resorting to specific labels, i don't think it's too controversial to point out that most people can't really provide very deep reasons for why they believe what they believe.

I really don't give a shit
math

Sinofuturist
Philosophy

>Blah blah blah "I'm 'intellectual' because I say things in an unnecessarily complicated way to fit in amongst all of my other 'intellectuals' in my psychology classes" blah blah blah

>Sinofuturist
what

English, centrist

>what we call political beliefs are nothing but a manifestation of those thoughts and feelings about ourselves and others that we are too ignorant to express honestly.
wow cutting insight- are you literally 18?

>/pol/-tier Donald Trump voter
>German/Sociology

Art History

About as centrist and apolitical as it gets. I always get a very slight shift to leftist libertarian on the compasses but I think the only reason is because of environmentalism (which used to be a very right-wing thing anyway...)

retarded pseud

Libertarian right

Music education

Comp Sci
?Rx

we already have castes.

"the Chinese are gonna kill us all! D:" the ideology

desu it actually is a pretty cutting insight

i havent read this book
is it good?

Philosophy

neoliberal/libertarian-leaning

> i'm just looking to see if there is some truth to the notion that all Arts-fags are commies while all STEMfags are filled with apolitical conservatives

There is some truth in this. Humanities in America are pretty left-wing, at least in the American sense of "left-wing", but sometimes not. STEMfags are either apolticial or they are moderates who really dislike the extreme ends of the political distribution. They especially hate evangelical conservatives but are also found to hate SJWs and feminists. You do find some other ideologies among STEM-fags, but the right is virtually non-existent in the humanities, except for me it seems.

Computer Science
Unironic neoliberal

>i don't think it's too controversial to point out that most people can't really provide very deep reasons for why they believe what they believe.
I don't think it's too controversial to point out most people that aren't retarded have no trouble doing so

But China has a worse demographic future than anything in the West. Only 25% of Chinamen are marrying.

maybe if youve literally never thought before

it's a pretty stupid ideology, but the idea is that the male surplus caused by the 1 child policy is going to lead to Chinese aggression

it's cutting in that it really pisses people off, which leads me to believe there is truth to it. Saying that Fascism is fear of disorder or Communism is resentment of the successful is obviously simplification, but it is also kind of true

soulless

Physics
Integralist in denial

Physics
Zizek

how are you enjoying the Switch?
>integralist
any good books on this in English?
how does it differ from similar ideologies?
what's your favorite flavor of it?
couldn't find shit on it before when I first heard about it

finance

DON'T RAISE MY TAXES. fuck your after-school art program.