What's a great, quick-read novel? I keep picking up 1984...

What's a great, quick-read novel? I keep picking up 1984, but I don't feel motivated enough to continue reading past chapter 2.

Pic unrelated.

>In Watermelon Sugar
>The Pearl
>The Old Man and The Sea
>No Longer Human

>can't even make it through high school lit
maybe try or

The internet has screwed me over. I used to read constantly. Now I have the intention span of a five-year-old desu.

We're getting ready to read Pick Up by Charles Willeford in my American Crime novel class. My professor says it's one of those rare books where you have to read it in one sitting.

Nah mate, that's a defeatist attitude. You're not going to succeed in returning to reading if your mindset from the beginning is that you're screwed. Just sit down and read, power through it, force yourself to continue when your instincts are begging to check your phone. It will get easier over time

>I used to read Magic Treehouse, Lemony Snickett, and Harry Potter
Damn user, what a repertoire you have for a background in reading

read Kleists short stories

Michael Kohlhaas and the marquise of O are two of his best

wake up early and read first thing

Thanks for the suggestions and tips

You can do, you will do
If only believe

Pastures of Heaven. Any Steinbeck novel/novella, really.

notes from underground

The Old man and The Sea is a novella and it's shit

The Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut

Of Mice and Men is really short, profound, and easy to grasp. Catcher in the Rye is a bit longer, but the prose is super engaging if you have a short attention span. The Stranger by Camus is nice to read and then return to later for a more in depth look. It's short and simple if you don't worry about it too much on the first read.
>Inb4 those are all shit and entry level kys faggot

Don Quixote

1984 is overrated

h-o h-o h-o we got a live one here, another Hemingway hater, well lemme give you a word to the wise, friendo, BIG POPPA don't give two cat shits what you think about his work, and he's got plenty to spare.

Animal Farm
It's like 1984 but more to the point

t. barely understood 1984

Agree on Vonnegut. Most of his books are easy to read in one sitting. Didn't care for Sirens, though. If you've already knocked out Slaughterhouse Five, I'd then recommend Mother Night.

Also, why not consider a play? These are designed to be experienced in one sitting. The Henriad is fucking amazing and not many have read it. I read A Streetcar Named Desire a week or two ago, and it's pretty good.