Art starts from the natural ignorance of man about his interior condition (in body and in character); it is not meant...

>Art starts from the natural ignorance of man about his interior condition (in body and in character); it is not meant for philosophers or natural scientists

b...but big papa Fred... I *like* art senpai, desu!

"We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies." - Big Pops Picassa

sorry op art isn't for fedora tipping pseuds, u might think u like art but art doesn't like u

how does that work exactly?

i can't take straight artists seriously, picasso was a hack

You think you discovered some epin drudh about da human condishun but I was actually... just a... lie...

>in body
What did he mean by this?

Ok, but where does it end?

nowadays i could refer to how we really don't know shit about the brain, but back in his day, it probably meant that they really weren't quite sure where the poop came from

It's hard to convince people of truths - or even agree on them. But a good artist (or any thinker) can probably convince people the validity of a lie. Think of the endless trolls and goblins here who can get lengthy replies out of people saying things they know deeply to not be true.

He probably means more that humans are very fragile/mortal

It's deeper than that. It isn't simply a matter of rhetorical skill. He is implying that Art is inherently deceitful.

I agree, but I was having trouble coming up with a relatable example

*writes in artsy purple exclamatory gay^ (^meaning ecstatically happy) prose*

You can like art and still realize the same thing he is realizing in that aphorism, which is that you will not find any truth in art.

Retarded as fuck, great art comes from understanding and expressing man's condition, sometimes so specific it requires years of learning. Nietzsche is just another autistic Kraut.

>great art comes from understanding and expressing man's condition
In fragmented, rudimentary, unreliable forms, like he mentions in the full passage.

Nietzche is just non-christian transcendentalism

Prove me wrong

people do consider scientest/great inventors geniuses though... people just are maybe more apt to call artistic geniuses like shakespeare or mozart such, because artistry, some of it, precisely this kind, that is so unique, and to and of itself, such a personal and one of a kind touch, and so plentiful and continuously overpowering and remarkable, is a testament to the possibilities of complete originality and singularity of the individual. Nietzhe must have known this, and seems like he is jealous that people dont, or wouldnt consider him a genius, or an artistic genius? Creativity, inventiveness, for there to be nothing of it on Earth, and then for an individual to introduce it, and for it to be universally loved and adored and impressive

>When the centre of gravity of life is placed, not in life itself, but in “the beyond”—in nothingness—then one has taken away its centre of gravity altogether.

>I condemn Christianity; I bring against the Christian church the most terrible of all the accusations that an accuser has ever had in his mouth. It is, to me, the greatest of all imaginable corruptions; it seeks to work the ultimate corruption, the worst possible corruption. The Christian church has left nothing untouched by its depravity; it has turned every value into worthlessness, and every truth into a lie, and every integrity into baseness of soul.

>Nietzsche
>about any form of "transcendence" at all

>Art starts from the natural ignorance of man about his interior condition (in body and in character)
what did he mean by this?
lines before, wishes to make the inner character visible on the surface:

art starts from the natural ignorance of man about his interior condition:

Ok? Meaning, lets first imagine man was completely silent about his interior condition?

And then science and philosophy says enough about mans interior condition. There are dictionaries and text books. Im hungry, I eat, I work, we make tools, we build things, we have sex, A = A, 1 =1. I am tired. I am thirsty. That girl is pretty. Red = Red. I see red.

Art looks at a man, ignorant of his interior condition. it is not meant for philosophers or natural scientists, because, its subjective, what is interior of man?

Writers use poetic language to convey a sense of mystique and beauty in their work. What is being written about often contains a truth about human nature or some other aspect of the world around us, but the meaning of it is hidden in the "lies" of the piece, which are not objective truth, but fund the artist in their endeavor to sell their truth to us.

He was mentally ill, get over it

He's not saying art is bad, tard

It's weird how people like Nietzsche, Van Gogh, Pessoa etc are so obscure in their own life time yet go on to be rediscovered several decades after his death

because they have to wait for cultural standards to be reduced to an appropriate level first

>because artistry, some of it, precisely this kind, that is so unique, and to and of itself, such a personal and one of a kind touch
he relates it to mechanical sciences: which is true: in arts, there is a need for knowledge, understanding, ethic, mechanics, repetition, craft, but there is also the more and beyond that: and it is also artistry which allows some things to stand out in the mechanical world: for instance cars: the differences between the engines of lamborghinis, farreris, bmws, etc. are one thing: but the differences are not tremendously tremendous in relation to the top sports cars: and at the end of it, they all get A to B: a large diffrence between all these car companies is aesthetics and artistry

ya dig tho?

It means artists have small peens or bobs.

weird

there's more time after death than during life, especially the part of life when they produce their work

He meant that art is not realistic. The entire enterprise of art began long ago because someone saw things not as they are, but as he wanted them to be (i.e. unrealistically, ignorant of how they are).

Then do the art. Nietzsche was just a nihilistic shithead who couldn’t be bothered to be not an asshole