Are there any bookies that explore consciousness?

Are there any bookies that explore consciousness?
Or perhaps explore the notion that ideas can be conscious?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've learned and am learning about neurotheology; maybe you'll find that interesting?

>explore the notion that ideas can be conscious?

Alan Moore deals w this in some of his newer works

if you never touch psychedelic drugs you are incapable of even beginning to have this conversation imo

>Although idealism was once a dominant view in Western philosophy, it has suffered almost total neglect over the last several decades. This book rectifies this situation by bringing together seventeen essays by leading philosophers on the topic of metaphysical idealism.

I've smoked weed. But I'm afraid of acid right now. I'm not really trying to touch drugs.

Why do I have to be drug-addled to explore deep concepts?

Sir Thomas Browne's diary desu

It stands to reason that if you want to study consiousness, there's value in experiencing altered states of conciousness.

Don't necessarily listen to these people I've done shrooms and acid, neither one is pleasant if you're the sort of person who tends to think a lot all the time. They're more for people who aren't already consumed by their own thoughts.

Haven't done DMT so I can't pass judgement on that

>They're more for people who aren't already consumed by their own thoughts.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. Not that I'm some special savant but I do get lost in the sauce at times when sober. I had freakouts on dabs. It made me put weed down for a very long time. I'll stick with booze.

Anyway, these book recs are nice guys thank you.

?? no ones ever written about that

i did acid and the last couple times it was horrific

>>

I don't want to sound like i'm prescribing you drugs. They're not really an answer to anything, just useful tools to alter perception.
Why do you say they're not pleasant for people who think alot?

>Junger don’t think a lot

I dunno. I was thinking about different states of being and wondering what normal consciousness is (our bodies being the pilot, while our thoughts are in the back seat giving instructions.)

What if our thoughts had nobody to talk to?
Is that just an idea?
Then thinking about memes or widely spread ideas.
Or could you give someone a "living idea"?
How do living ideas affect the individual biologically?

But I'm a brainlet so I would rather read to learn then make wild assumptions and guesses.

I should have confined the caution to acid. When I did acid I felt like my thinking was stuck in loops. I would compulsively think about some conversational triviality for hours on end and wind up right back at the thought I started with. I felt like it was impossible to come to a conclusion, and on top of it all I acted like a fucking weirdo (more than I already do) around women. So I can't say I ever had a good time on acid, except for a couple of hours during my first trip when I watched Microcosmos. On that note, do NOT watch 2001: A Space Odyssey while tripping, it is nightmarish.

Shrooms were a little better because I knew myself more when I did them, but I still became anxious because the insanity episode of It's Always Sunny came on and got me feeling a crazy. But one can sleep on shrooms, which is to me a significant advantage over acid. I just isolated myself in a dark room, laid in bed for a few hours and watched the color swatches and pulsating beads. Had the best sleep I've had in years. You have to be exposed to some pretty heavy stimulus to overthink things on shrooms.

So if you're new to psychedelics, are an anxious person, or analyze things most people find unimportant to death, I recommend psilocybin over LSD, heartily.

it must suck to be you

you know theres this thing called philosophy

Got a book?

START

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1