Why are book publishers and media pushing female and black authors so hard? What's the endgame...

Why are book publishers and media pushing female and black authors so hard? What's the endgame? I can't help but think there's a lot of quality authors who aren't getting the publicity they merit because they have the wrong skin color or politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H7EIkUp4gWo&index=58&list=PL9GwT4_YRZdBf9nIUHs0zjrnUVl-KBNSM
youtube.com/watch?v=wVckRJvuBQY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's the endgame?
They are true believers in feminism and diversity there isn't some shadow motive.

>Another fucking /pol/ shitposting thread
Do you fucking faggots ever get tired?

I don't understand the reason for discriminating against people based on race or gender in effort to end discrimination against race and gender.

It does seem counterintuitive, but there seems to be enough of an identitarian cult surrounding it to sustain their movement for at least into the foreseeable future.

There is a codependent power dynamic between racism and anti-racism. Trying to eliminate the other only reinforces it.

yes it seems like a very crass measure that im suprised isnt though less of by default

I read somewhere, no idea where, that these kinds of systems can't be defeated with shame, because they'll make your taunting into their own battlecries. The only way to defeat the systems they have created is by showing a better system and allowing by doing so you'll expose the flaws of the bad system.

i read somewhere that you're a fag

Actually, there is.

There is a very high correlation between promotion of "diversity" and nepotism. Often the former is applied as a cover for the latter.

Agents/publishers also want to expand their sphere of influence to 'elites' in other countries. The best way to do that is to locate the rich kids from Nigeria, Ghana, Morocco and so on and promote their creative products.

White Savior Complex

it's justified as "punching up"
it by itself being described as an act of unprovoked physical assault should be questionable enough, but i guess not

wimmin actually buy contemporary books (regardless of quality)

"men" who don't play vidya only read the classics, as exemplified by the users of Veeky Forums who get defensive whenever someone shows up to discuss modern literature

the publishing industry will be wholly female within 15-20 years

It's cultural marxism, if fascism doesn't triumph over the forces of POZ, in 10 years you will attend a state mandated screening of StarWars XIX, which has nothing to do with star wars but is in fact a video of 4 blue haired fat positive Queers(tm) raping an innocent white child. The progs in the audience are moved to tears by such a vibrant display of diversity and progress, while dissenters are dragged away by the PC police for deprogramming.

To ruin literature like every other form of entertainment

Well part this, and part that it's what the readers want. Publishers wanna make as much money as possible, and feminist women are some of the biggest consumers of modern literature.

I took a literature class at my local college and all the readings we were assigned were shitty poems about black women getting abortions and feeling empowered and how we should feel sorry for Mexican immigrants and other gay shit.

Do you know the meaning of "endgame" or do you just sprinkle your writing with whatever bullshit you see on the internet? What do you think the "endgame" of any business is?

>Why are book publishers and media pushing female and black authors so hard?
because females and blacks might buy a new book while white people will either follow trends set by females and blacks, follow trends so that they can post how much better the are then females and blacks, or read books published decades to millennia ago.

it's a meme you dip

It's just an extension of Christian slave morality, the crucifix replaced by a snivelling pink haired genderblob. The end result is fundamentally the same: to keep the white man down through slave morality. We should stage a white mans revolution against all those 'folks' in order to shut up their shrill evil 'marginalized voices' once and for all

Everyone I know who buys contemporary lit by women and minorities though is some faggy milquetoast white guy though. Women just read stuff like Jane Austen if anything at all and dark-skins don't read. Maybe if you live in New York or something you'll know a few.

Feel-good stuff makes PC a sort of currency, so there's investment and everything in it. Its like any other market, it'll burst eventually. Its highly artificial.

What's wrong with using the term to denote a final goal or purpose?

American liberals are basically fascists but with whites in the place of jews

>Women just read stuff like Jane Austen if anything at all and dark-skins don't read.

You seem to be well informed and know a lot of people

>somebody recommends a book by a white guy
>talks about the contents of the book
>somebody recommends a book by a minority
>talks about everything except the book (i.e. how "important" and "necessary" it is and how you should feel guilty if you don't buy it)

>There is a codependent power dynamic between racism and anti-racism.

Why do you believe this?

captain retard here to tell us that dogs are mammals

They are pushing authors to sell a product. Quick, get The Daily Stormer on the horn because we have a real problem that is definitely real and not at all a persecution complex.

>David Foster Wallace got zero publicity
>critics don't jizz themselves over Thomas Pynchon

We're not seeing a push, we're seeing a balancing process. 50% of published authors being white males isn't fucking oppression you delusional fuckfaces.

>modern literature
Lol, you fucking idiot. Joyce and anyone past the 18th century is modern.

What's wrong with having a persecution complex if you are actually being persecuted? I don't even care much for muh white race, I'm even 25% beaner by blood, but I feel I am being persecuted as a white man, I hate the modern world and find it claustrophobic, I have recurring fantasies of apocalyptic violence and the brutal punishment of the weak. I tell myself my racist postings are 'ironic' but increasingly it seems like a hollow excuse, I just wanna fash out it s that to much to ask?

It's pretty common to know a lot of people. If you find it noteworthy it suggests you are a shut-in.

He is a white bro who refuses to acknowledge his ongoing complicity with the system of white supremacy that's why.

>25% beaner
>A huwyte man

Just find a partner and your apocalyptic dreams will be likely to disappear.

if you’re under 90% european admixture you’re not white you’re just another caucasoid and you have nothing to do with white culture

this

so much this

get out of here /pol/

>a balancing process

Achieved through... a push? The soft bigotry of low expectations, maybe. Do you think minority and women writers are incapable of competing without artificially selecting them for extra publicity and publication?

Try to come up with some newer examples at least. It's note entirely the same thing to note that Thomas Pynchon, an established figure since the '60s, gets attention.

White men have been artificially favored for over 500 years, they are no longer artificially favored. Too many mediocre white dudesters cant stand the prospect of having to compete fairly with marginalized folks, who actually bring new stuff to the table and not just privileged self absorption

>White men have been artificially favored for over 500 years

What does this mean?

u paid 23k a semester to learn to write stuff like this? wooo lad

Arthur Holmes explains the Master-Slave co-dependence in his lecture on The Phenomenology of Spirit at 38:00. He says this also applies to the PC movement of his time, which I extrapolate to the various types of sjw movements today. Also, hatred begets more hatred.
>youtube.com/watch?v=H7EIkUp4gWo&index=58&list=PL9GwT4_YRZdBf9nIUHs0zjrnUVl-KBNSM

The world is irredeemably fucked. People with naive ideas on how to make the world a better place usually end making it worse. The powers that be aren't fools, and they will keep deferring the revolution indefinitely by distracting us with petty social issues like identity politics.

>nya seeah?

lol

To marginalized folks 'identity politics' are not petty, but a literal matter of life and death.

IdPol is a big contributing factor to the alt-right movement due to the fact that white, bourgeois women used to appear "woke" and own the "patriarchy," while being a slave to actions done by their ancestors willingly.

That, and a few bad readings of Gramsci and Althusser by these same types in college. Bonus points if they have a Soviet/decolonization fetish.

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING !?!!! WHY DID YOU FUCKS VOTE FOR TRUMP ?!!?!?! DON'T YOU KNOW HE IS LITERALLY HITLER!!?!?? HE IS GOING TO DEPORT ALL LATINOS, PUT MUSLIMS IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS, AND GAS ALL LGBTQ+ PEOPLE!!!!!!!

WE MUST REEEEEEEEEEEE SIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm marginalized because I'm a 24 year old white incel with literal autism, I don't give a fuck about gay people or latinos, at least they can get laid.

>Minorities will kill you for a loaf of bread due to the paranoia they have developed by living in a hyperreality which was pushed by the MSM that literal right-wing death squads will kill you for being, gay, tranny or brown
ftfy

this is kind of true, hard to get too sad for some black dude with 3 baby momma's and a couple side chicks complaining about poverty meanwhile all u do is work and shitpost because going to a restaurant would break ur budget

trannies are more likely to be killed by a hypermasculine black guy than an autistic white male, let's be authentic pham

Forgot link
>youtube.com/watch?v=wVckRJvuBQY

if someone made an ad like that with black guys or ms-13 hunting trannies or something or the tv station would refuse to air and youtube would ban it for hate, we live in sick times

I don't like Trump and do feel his administration is pushing a racially-biased, anti-immigrant agenda, but that advertisement is just stupid.

LMAO @ the libertarian snake being there for no reason at all

Tbh they're also more likely to be killed by themselves than by anyone else

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Why are book publishers and media pushing female and black authors so hard?

To get more women and black people to buy their books, thus increasing their profits.

> What's the endgame?

Equality, diversity, profits. All the usual rubbish.

"diversity" books are sentimental and resentful and typically suck ass

most contemporary white guy 'writers' are mediocrities who think Bukowski is good

This kind of shit is why I don't read any modern stuff written by a woman or black. It's reasonable to assume it's garbage being hyped up by racists. There's too many classics to read and life is too short to test everything out.

Honestly best post in this thread.

there might be a big jewish conspiracy, might just be that companies see a way to broaden their market by including females and negros or they're just falling for the sjw outcry for equality (which i guess falls under the jewish conspiracy umbrella) who nose?

Intersectional feminism is the prevailing ideology of their target demographic.

It's a blessing in disguise. The more anglo publishers shill shitty writers based on a quota, the sooner the english language collapses and we can adopt another lingua franca with a language that is actually decent (french, german, mandarin, ancient greek).

It's trying to appeal to college white women and teenage girls more than anyone else. They're quite lucrative demographics. These publishers also hire some of these white women, and it drags them in that direction politically.

If there were some higher purpose, the fad would have subsided by now (they are just endlessly repeating the same nonsense at this point). The authorities in the industry are ideologically possessed, and in it till the very end. Expect more, not less as the industry declines. "Lit" is being replaced by the internet, anyway, so take heart.

I love all cultures and peoples, every region has an interesting story to tell. So I don't mind black or women authors. What I do dislike is the constant politisizing of literature while tossing out the aesthics of the written word. I don't care about lequanda feeling empowered that she had an abortion, or taniqua feeling like whitemen rape her with their eyes at work. However I also hate when "philosophers" and pseuds think they are good writers just because they ask questions that no one who gets laid ever asks.

>marginalized folks
>a literal matter of life and death
I can picture exactly what you look like based on my experience in the ngo sector and you should unironically neck yourself. The environmental ngo sector is getting rekt by faggots like this who derail every strategic discussion by accusing people of white supremacist and white normative talking points. But because of social pressure and current trends they aren't going anywhere. You're going to drive sane people away from the left if you see life and death threats from "white supremacy" literally everywhere and say stupid shit like "marginalized folks" all the time. When did SJWs become obsessed with the word "folks" btw?

>However I also hate when "philosophers" and pseuds think they are good writers just because they ask questions that no one who gets laid ever asks.
what are you even trying to say here? that in order to get laid you have to pretend to be social justice left wing? you're sort of right, however, I find it better to just avoid the issue of politics altogether besides some tactical virtue signalling here and there

The endgame? To sell books, stupid. These are the books people will buy.

>When did SJWs become obsessed with the word "folks" btw?
Because it allows people with master's degrees to pretend they belong among the common man. It's the phoniest thing I've seen in a long time.

not him but I went from left to far right when I had a girlfriend for 3 years, it's not that simple as GET LAID MAN

>I can't help but think there's a lot of quality authors who aren't getting the publicity they merit because they have the wrong skin color or politics
You shouldn't, because that's not true.

enlighten us mr expert on contemporary publishing practices

heteronormativity, cisnormativity and white supremacy result in people getting literally murdered everyday. Combating and deconstructing these systems through every aspect of our daily lives is not even a political question, is a question of basic human decency. You will never be able to understand how it feels to be marginalised and live in a world that wasn't made for you.

>what are you even trying to say here? that in order to get laid you have to pretend to be social justice left wing?

No, not at all. Just that most people that ponder metaphysiscs are incels driven to the edge of existential crisis and ego break down over why they can't get laid. Almost none of them realize the very same self consciousness that makes them half decent philosophers is what prevents them of being sociable.

>heteronormativity, cisnormativity and white supremacy result in people getting literally murdered everyday
examples please you can't just throw that around as justification and expect people to agree with you. unlike irl there is no social capital gained here from spouting ignorant, emotional talking points to get the "woke" poc to like you. If you're going to wheel out the statistics about trans murders or better yet trans poc murders you should know the majority are committed by equally "marginalized" poc.
>You will never be able to understand how it feels to be marginalised and live in a world that wasn't made for you
I can go to any non-western non-white majority nation and I'll be marginalized and out of place pretty quickly (and in certain countries I'll have a much higher chance of being kidnapped or murdered than any of the "marginalized" people in the west). I'm not going to bitch and moan about it though.

>I can go to any non-western non-white majority nation and I'll be marginalized and out of place pretty quickly (and in certain countries I'll have a much higher chance of being kidnapped or murdered than any of the "marginalized" people in the west). I'm not going to bitch and moan about it though.
all nonwhite, nonwestern countries are still reeling from the effects of colonialism and white supremacy, white normativity is common even in Asia and Latin America. POC countries are taught to see their cultures as inferior, that is why we need a comprehensive decolonial pedagogy

I'm not an expert but I surely know more than you. Only a small minority of authors get publicity, ones that are known to move units. Otherwise it would not be profitable to do.

>all nonwhite, nonwestern countries are still reeling from the effects of colonialism and white supremacy, white normativity is common even in Asia and Latin America. POC countries are taught to see their cultures as inferior, that is why we need a comprehensive decolonial pedagogy
Your ideology is fun because whenever you are asked to defend your position you retreat to another emotional platitude. Also fun how you completely deny non-whites any agency, anything they do is a product of white supremacy, and conveniently forget how what you call "white supremacy" is a relatively modern phenomenon (18th c. and onward) whereas different parts of the world had been on different development tracks long before that. I hope you're b8ing but I don't think you are.

I'm asking for examples dipshit I'm genuinely curious sorry you can't handle the tiniest bit of bantz
>I surely know more than you
nice strawman faggot

The worst part is that they're not even pushing the good female and black authors.

some people feel physically ill when confronting a dominance hierarchy, either because of their low status or because they're hardwired to respond negatively to social inequality.
there's nothing "objectively" good or bad about these people, they're just wildcards, driving change and forcing reactions

their strategies involve:
>attacking people further up in the dominance hierarchy
"all these dead white males have had their time to shine, move over whitey!"
>praising those on the lower rungs
"poc are able in bringing a very much-needed diverse perspective on these issues"
>reformulating the rules of the game
"actually, the most important thing to remember is that economic stratification is the root of all evil and that's why author X's apolitical prose isn't relevant to the current climate"

Examples of what? If you want to be understood you need to learn to write more than ironic quips, user.

this desu. All the "woke" arab and desi kids at my school (one that draws a significant amount of foreign students) involved in social justice activism and who published the postcolonial studies journal were rich as fuck and educated ironically enough in British and French schools.

I think he wants examples of right-wing dudes that think they are martyrs of the industry.

>You shouldn't, because that's not true.
you made a claim, back it up faggot

>I'm right wing
Veeky Forums has always had a strawman problem but lately it's off the hook

see

wow you made an incredibly vague claim without any evidence, thanks dude. I totally agree with your position now.

being rich doesn't protect you from racism, and the resulting trauma and marginalisation, though. A racist cop won't give a fuck about your credit score

the modern left ladies and gentlemen, rich people aren't actually privileged

This. They unironically think they will win big in the end so they keep doubling their bet.

>A racist cop won't give a fuck about your credit score
also do you really think wealthy brown kids are the target of racist policing? lower class black and latino kids are much more susceptible. it's almost like wealth has a significant effect on your social privilege and life expectancy.

More childish ironic posting, look at you. What's vague about market forces?

POC are much less likely to be rich than whites. you don't get intersectionality, do you? Systems of racialization and white supremacy are one of the main pillars of global capitalism. People like you fetishize a mythical implicitly white and male industrial working class at the expense of marginalised people.

>being rich doesn't protect you from racism
you literally just said the wealthy are marginalized I'm not a marxistfag and I don't believe in any metanarrative about a proletariat that doesn't exist anymore or a teleology of progress but Marx would be laughing his ass off at you