What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?
rt.com/op-ed/418238-sexual-revolution-metoo-harassment/

Other urls found in this thread:

pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/01/incredible-8-year-old-drag-queen-steals-the-show-from-rupauls-drag-race-star/
dailywire.com/news/26461/netherlands-doctors-approve-euthanizing-29-year-hank-berrien
bbc.com/news/world-europe-41912754
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read it and I still don't know. It's word salad. No actual message other than "I, Slavoj, have many important thoughts."

>cultural philosopher
Worst possible world.

>but at what cost
dropped.

nothing is more obnoxious than people harping on sexuality. Modern sexuality is human sexuality modernized. That's it. People have been all the "obscure" sexualities and genders forever, but now they have a name and a platform to express themselves. There is no downside.

>[Several sections of this article have been excerpted from previous publications by Slavoj Žižek.]
made me kek more than it should

yes, the it seemed to end out suddenly and without having said anything, i guess he is too out of touch to have anything interesting to add

the article isn't even about that, but nice try

Of course it fucking is, you lying sack of shit.

>Zizek revealing full powerlevel

This is going to be good

lrn2read

I've only read four texts by ZžžZ so far, but in every single one of them, he mentioned childfucking in the Church. What's the dealio?

>you
actually I prefer a different pronoun.

he likes to copy/paste stuff

He's a raised Catholic and the child fucking was a big deal from which there's no going back

>commodified
Aaaaand done.

only humanists claim that using the word revolution is not utterly pathetic

also>caring about women lust

literally the first line in the next section
>While there is a strong element of truth in this line of argument, one should nonetheless also admit how problematic it is to anchor one’s political demands to status of victimhood.

what's XRP and why is it black?

Black is just the middle ground between red and green

Ripple

Your point? That line doesn't invalidate or fix the problem that stems from basing your "analysis" of modern female sexuality on nothing but effectively hollow Marx babble.

It's just another instance of what I hate so much about shallow Marxist writers. To them, just dropping terms like "commodification" or "alienation" is tantamount to an actual in-depth analysis and explanation of causal social relations, when it in fact means nothing without context or further elaboration. *How* is modern female sexuality "commodified" in a way that's distinctly different from non/pre-capitalist societies?

I though that image was dildos

>That line doesn't invalidate or fix the problem

Motherfucker that line makes the same argument you just spent a post making.

>And so on and so forth, until perhaps one day the debate reaches things like incest-marriage, consensual murder and cannibalism.
whoa, easy there

Huh? No, it doesn't. My argument isn't "It's problematic to anchor your political demands to a status of victimhood", my position is that his baseline analysis of modern female sexuality (from which he argues) is without any substance, and my argument for this is that claiming modern female sexuality to be "commodified" is an effectively vacuous cliche that requires further elaboration in order to be meaningful.

Fix your brain.

>my position is that his baseline analysis of modern female sexuality (from which he argues) is without any substance

Oh where is that? In that one word that triggered you and caused you to project a strawman of his position?
Because as a Lacanian his idea of sexuality is not in the least bit Marxist you incoherent imbecile

Consensual murder sounds hot honestly, I'd support it, which proves his point I suppose.

Le slippery slope

>Le slippery slope

Dude we unironically have actual children going through hormone replacement therapy today.
Its not just a slippery slope we're in the actual process of sliding

>Oh where is that?
In that very paragraph. Learn to fucking read.

>Because as a Lacanian his idea of sexuality is not in the least bit Marxist you incoherent imbecile
Yeah, neato, champ. There is no distinction between Lacanian and Marxist concepts of "commodification". I'm assuming you're banking on people not knowing the confluence of ideas between Lacan and Marx. Probably because you're a disingenuous nigger.

has he defined what a "strong element of truth" is?

>There is no downside.

uuuhhhhhh.......

We went from gays to guys cutting off their genitals.

Turns out it's not a fallacy, and is quite real.

>not knowing the confluence of ideas between Lacan and Marx.

There is extremely little. I'm guessing you're a Memerson goober who just hears any vaguely Left wing or French words and starts going into an epileptic fit. Commodified is simply not a term Lacan favors nor Zizek in this context which is the point he made

brainlets, how is this even complicated

final paragraph:
>this "fight against discrimination" is an endless process endlessly postponing its final point, a society freed of all moral prejudices which, as Jean-Claude Michea put it, "would be on this very account a society condemned to see crimes everywhere."

morals systems have hard principals which bring you down on one side of the fence for most issues
as opposed to fighting discrimination and, as much as possible, trying to 'defend the individual' (without universal principles, this is the defense of very individual's principles) against all offense and oppression results in lose-lose issues: you can always be spun as an oppressor whichever side you're on, so crime is seen everywhere

>Let us take child sexuality: one can argue that its criminalization is an unwarranted discrimination, but one can also argue that children should be protected from sexual molestation by adults.
>the same people who advocate the legalization of soft drugs usually support the prohibition of smoking in public places
>we see associations of obese people which demand that all public campaigns against obesity and for healthy eating habits be stopped, since they hurt the self-esteem of obese persons. Meanwhile, the militants of "Veggie Pride" condemn the "specieism" of meat-eaters

he has to pretend to be left wing every few paragraphs to balance all the reactionary stuff he writes

it's weird he didn't "as a communist..." or "we communists..." anywhere in the text to make this clear

>being literally Triggered
So Veeky Forums is tumblr now?

>How* is modern female sexuality "commodified" in a way that's distinctly different from non/pre-capitalist societies?
Read Walter Bejamin. Mass media and mass prosuction have revolutionized everything from art to academia. Approaches to sexuality can literally be manufactured and sold. Doris Day and Marilyn Monroa effectively defined and imposed what female sexuality was during the 50s.

nobody is saying he didn't identify a problem, just it didn't go anywhere from there. the point he made in the last paragraph is what he had been illustrating all along, yes, but he didn't move from that idea to anywhere, which is fine but annoying

Nice to see Michèa getting some attention

Why is he whining about "Political Correctness"? People who use that term are just tools of reactionaries.

>Doris Day and Marilyn Monroa effectively defined and imposed what female sexuality was during the 50s.

This is stupid logic. The only reason they functioned as a commodity was because there was a demand for women like that already

>There is no downside.

Captalism is a black mirror
Wot if the commodification of goods and services but too much

Ohhhh nooo! People having fun, awwww this is terrible! Well lads, we had a good run, but its time to back to bashing queers again, a kid expressing himself is just going too far!

Demand doesnt define something as commodity. Theres always a demand for food that doesnt make it a commodity. Theres a demand for sex that doesnt make it a commodity. The economic system that defines what will be supplied and what not is what makes it so. There was a demand for Marilyn Monroe but the industries insistence in perpetuating that demand at the cost of haulting the supply of other approaches of female sexuality (more sophisticated and intelligent ones) warps approaches to it, validating the former and suppresing the latter.

LE SLIBBERY SLOBE LE NO HAY EXISTANDO THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO LE CAPITALISM TAKEN TO ITS LOGICAL EXTREME YOU MUST BE A LE FASCIST HITLER STALIN TO BE AGAINST THIS

shitpost

Can't we just have the good old homos back? Abolishing gender is kind of pushing it, mate.

The slippery slope is fucking real, you blind faggot. Right now the media are telling the world that it's perfectly normal to be a mentally unstable self-mutilating freak. A mere 20 years ago this kind of degeneracy was unthinkable.

>Ohhhh nooo! People having fun, awwww this is terrible! Well lads, we had a good run, but its time to back to bashing queers again, a kid expressing himself is just going too far!

Heheh yes, listen to this wise post
Nothin to worry about hehe

>parading a child around in a late night club for the enjoyment of paedos is just people having fun

>a kid expressing himself
memes aside, and i don't really have an opinion on all these gender novelties, but in that picture it's obviously the parents expressing themselves through the kid, not the kid expressing anything in himself

One always leads to the other, there is no mediating degeneracy and civilization one eventually has to cancel out the other

How fragile do you have to be that something like this would trigger you? Its just a kid having fun and being who he wants to be.

No-one is abolishing gender. Lactatia is a boy who enjoys drag.

He wasn't in a night club, he was at Ru Paul's Drag Race.

pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/01/incredible-8-year-old-drag-queen-steals-the-show-from-rupauls-drag-race-star/

I read it and the parents appear to not really care what he chooses to do. Its just a kid who's a fan of Ru Paul, not the end of the world.

If anything the last 20 years showed us that the slippery slope is real

>my 9 year old son chose to be trans before even receiving formal sex ed

epic

>He wasn't in a night club, he was at Ru Paul's Drag Race.

u right heres the one at the night club :')

not literature

Its a problem when the kikes start fucking him in the ass and groom him to be a cockslave prostitute until his mental mileage runs out and he kills himself

The point is there's a slippery slope, individualism is out of control, and everyone invent and change their identity at will.

We in the Netherlands are getting closer to having consensual murder
dailywire.com/news/26461/netherlands-doctors-approve-euthanizing-29-year-hank-berrien

>No-one is abolishing gender.
Wrong

>incest-marriage
Nothing wrong or edgy here

>No-one is abolishing gender

There is a large contingent of people who will accuse you of being a Nazi for not actively desiring this

oh yurop

bbc.com/news/world-europe-41912754

Perfect post

>and this is why it is NOT ok

Albert Heringa, a man who help kill his mother (who asked for it) got off with no punishment.
After appealing it (the court condemned it but gave no punishment) he was found guilty.
We;re not there yet but it's coming

I dont see the problem
Just let the degenerates degenerate until they die

>I can't read

He's not trans, he's cisgender. He's just a fan of drag.

I don't know if he's a night club or not, the interview doesn't say, but given he says "I gonna walk the run way and vote", I think, and this is just speculation, but I think he's not a night club, he's at Dragcon. I mean, I don't know many clubs with run ways and voting. Besides, you have to 18 to enter night clubs in Canada.

Well its a good thing we want people to be encouraged to come forward about rape so rapists are more scared to do it isn't it?

There's not a slippery slope and that won't happen. You're assuming people are doing it to be frivolous, people don't just identify as things for fun. And everyone here seems to making a mistake, Lactatia isn't trans, he's a cis boy who enjoys drag.

Way to address my argument.

Yes, morons. Also, why the fuck would the LGBT+ community be trying to abolish gender when a large part of the causes is based on gender?

>German parents can register babies as third gender

Yes, adding genders is abolishing gender. What are you on?

if the schools teach degeneracy to my kids it is a problem, which they are doing.
I don't know who I hate more, these degenerates or the people who wave them away like they don't impact the culture
>Yes, adding genders is abolishing gender. What are you on?
Abolishing it, diluting it by adding more and more genders to it, same end result.
It's a sickness and anyone who does this to their child should be thrown into the ocean.

Who the fuck cares? Let them rot

>There's not a slippery slope
You haven't provided any convincing arguments for that.

>He's not trans, he's cisgender. He's just a fan of drag.
That image very clearly says:
>Avery Jackson of Kansas City is a TRANSGENDER 9-year-old
>HER mother
>students like HER

>if the schools teach degeneracy to my kids it is a problem, which they are doing.
>I don't know who I hate more, these degenerates or the people who wave them away like they don't impact the culture
Get them out of that school then, give your kids the culture you find correct yourself. Save a copy of the western cannon in your home, let everyone else perish, as they will

What a boring opinion

I can't, it's illegal to take your kids out of school in the netherlands.
They would take away my child if I did that.

Move away from that shitty country then

>Abolishing it, diluting it by adding more and more genders to it, same end result.

You're a deranged reactionary. I mean lets have it right, you don't actually have an opinion do you? You're a rabid dog who's only consistent point of view is "this triggers me so rather than go read up on it I'm going to spread hate on the internet". I see no reason to listen to anything you have to say or consider it.

Burden of proof is on you.

I was talking about Lactatia, not whoever that is. Although that's fine, transgender people should get the help they need.

Terrible reply, try again.
I'd rather not give it up without a fight

>You're a deranged reactionary.
Not him, but nice projection. I'm a marxist and you can fuck off.

>Burden of proof is on you.
The fact that within less than 20 years we've gone from "gays should be allowed to marry" to "it's perfectly okay to pump children full of hormones and encourage them to mutilate their genitals" is the ultimate proof that the slippery slope is real.

>nothing is more obnoxious than people harping on sexuality. now let me harp on about sexuality for a bit.

Fight for what? A country of idiots who are infesting themselves and their childs with the degeneracy you seem to dislike so much? You would risk your child's education for stupid bureaucracy?
You are the idiot defending the structures that allow the degenerates to exist.

>marxists can't be reactionary

Don't be stupid. Also, learn what projecting means.

Transgender people existed before homosexuality was even legalized. You don't have a clue what you're talking about mate.

who let neoliberals into my Veeky Forums?

Fighting for the country my ancestors fought hard to realize.
Fleeing from this country and leaving it to the people who will transform it into something unrecognizable would haunt me.
I feel the general people getting tired of it, but there's also a fierce force trying to sway this country more and more towards what i don't want.
I'll give it 10/15 years, if the trend continues I'll have no option but leaving

No they didn't, you idiot.

lol just leave now and start a new country when the times come
Not even your country its on his own side

Leave to where?

Google it you fucking uncultured swine

Away from civilization

>Transgender people existed before homosexuality was even legalized.
No shit, Sherlock. My point is the media brainwashing the public into thinking transsexuality is normal is a particularly insidious form of degeneracy that was unthinkable 20 years ago. Before little Johnny has hit puberty his parents are pumping him full of hormones and are calling him Joy even though a child is totally incapable of fully grasping gender and sexuality. And before you accuse me of lying, go look up I Am Jazz.
This isn't me.
I can't believe you fell for such obvious bait. You're dumber than I thought.

Fleeing is for cowards.
If push comes to shove I'd rather cut out a slice of the netherlands where these people hellbent on changing everything to worse aren't welcome

can be said of any argument that predicts the future based on current events.

Aren't you embarrassed? Your posts are completely useless and untrue.

Sure but most of the time its correct. Thats why we pay attention to current events

Dying for abstractions is for idiots. This kind of retarded romatic thinking is what allows degeneracy to exist. You are giving cancer to yourself and your kids.

Who's talking about dying?
Do you ever fight for something or do you walk away like a spineless rat every time?