Does Veeky Forums have a wider literary range compared to Reddit?

Does Veeky Forums have a wider literary range compared to Reddit?

No

Well Veeky Forums doesn't actually read, so no

No, reddit is the superior website

"no"

r/books has a wider range of trash

No one here even cares enough about literature to top r/bookshelf.

I read Eragon when I was 6 y/o.

Sure, but did you REALLY appreciate everything? I could read Ulysses at nine but have lots of it go over my head.

Wait, there was something to appreciate in Eragon?

Depends on the subreddit
There are some legit good but obscure subs and it's really obvious when a Veeky Forumstard finds them and shitposts there.

Yeah. Eragon is not the dragon on the cover. I think that's about it.

I read Eragon when I was ten, and I stopped reading it ten pages in. The writing was terribly dull.

same desu

>r/bookshelf.
>hey guys look at all of these books that I haven't read
I hate people like this. One of my friends spent 100$ buying classics and his main thought was about how nice the cover looked. He hasn't read a single one as far as I know.

why is this board so obsessed with reddit?
is it because, like /pol/, you're all actually redditors?

culture of critique pol poster is peak reddit

well that answers my question, you obviously browse reddit, would anyone else like to confess their sin?

What's wrong with this? (Besides being on reddit)

reading books you disagree with is hard?

Shit.

I go to Goodwill and buy books I see mentioned on Veeky Forums. Half of them I open the first page and get bored and distracted. Only author I've been able to stomach is Houellebecq, Emerson, and Voltaire.

The Russians suck ass. Moby Dick was palatable because I was in the Navy. Hemingway is a slog and Conrad needs to get to the fucking point.

What a fucking pleb

this

Most of those books aren't classics. Just fantasy schlock.

Brainlet. Though I agree that Conrad's novels can be slow. The rest are fine, as are most of the books that Veeky Forums rates highly.

>Veeky Forums
>greeks to fantashit
>r*ddit
>literally who authors published after WW2 and entry level genreshit, american "lit" for the further end of the bell curve

Anybody that thinks Veeky Forums is inferior should fuck off back to r*ddit then

Probably not, because we only have a few plebs posting in /sffg/. There's a lot less good literature than bad, and Veeky Forums tends to stick to what's good.

at least he'll have them on hand. also $100 is chump change. I'm guessing you've never had a job.

>the way of memes
>memes of radiance
>memebringer
>the meme of ages
>the well of memes
>memeborn
>memedancer
>the ocean at the end of the meme
>nevermeme
>the name of the meme
>the wise man's meme
>the last meme
>prince of memes
>tolkmeme
>game of memes
>ready meme one
>armemeda
>the memes of locke lamora
>meme seas under meme skies
>the republic of memes
>the chronicles of memia
>memer in a meme land
>harry memer
>memeragon
>the meme of monte cristo
>the meme comedy
>meme
>jurassic meme
>meme's guide to the meme

reddit is fucking disgusting jfc

>Conrad needs to get to the fucking point
Fight me turbopleb

>pic related is you
>at least he'll have them on hand. also $100 is chump change. I'm guessing you've never had a job.
Have them on hand for what? He has no intention of reading them. And if you're a retard normie who makes purchase decisions for social status every week then that money adds up.

>if you don't like reading boring shit you're a pleb
How hard do you have to try to come across as patrishun? Stop reading shit you don't like you pretentious fucks.

To redditors I would suppose they view books more as a material to consume and less so something to enhance the soul

This is almost sad, I really hope you’re just trolling.

>retard normie who makes purchase decisions for social status
your life will improve if you stop wearing autism shoes and walmart clothes man

>He has no intention of reading them
He might get bored one day and pick one up. It's at least a small step in the right direction. At worst, he pumped a little money into the classics publishing industry.

>because I didn't like it you must also not have liked it and are lying about having liked it
Are you like under the age of 12?

>your life will improve if you stop wearing autism shoes and walmart clothes man
There's a difference between buying respectable clothes and being one of those faggots who spends hours painstakingly creating the perfect outfit out of color matched name brands. The latter is equivalent to buying books just to display them. It makes you a shallow person who bases their identity off impressing people that don't give two shits about you.

>It's at least a small step in the right direction.
A step in what direction? You're focusing on what the object here is, someone who does this doesn't think of the object as a classic book, they think of it as a social status device. This is no more a step towards reading literature than buying a new car is.

>He might get bored one day and pick one up.
I gave this faggot fucking Watchmen to read and he made it one page before giving up. That's a comic book. But I'm sure he's going to pick up Moby Dick one day and suddenly go all in.

>At worst, he pumped a little money into the classics publishing industry.
That's nice but it doesn't make him more respectable.

I can.