What are some books that give practical insight on life (instead of autistic ramblings about pointless shit like most...

What are some books that give practical insight on life (instead of autistic ramblings about pointless shit like most books on philosophy) and aren't written by corporate hacks?

>any roman "artist" or "author"
>not a corporate hack
and my friend

redpill me

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The myth of Sisyphus
The little prince

I'm not even kidding.

Veeky Forums is a greek board

>blatant communist propaganda

Rilke's "Letters to a Young Poet"

>he trades timeless wisdom for practical insight into being a good wagie
slave

You must change your life by sloterdijk

LE INSIGHT
WUBBALUBDUB *tips Anglo hat* what If like... all bachelors are unmarried???????? wtf I hate logical positivism now! Praise Darwin and science okay? Also if you're gay you just want to do sex with yourself? Mmm yes.

You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once fruitful and barren and uncertain: imagine to yourselves INDIFFERENCE as a power--how COULD you live in accordance with such indifference? To live--is not that just endeavoring to be otherwise than this Nature? Is not living valuing, preferring, being unjust, being limited, endeavouring to be different? And granted that your imperative, "living according to Nature," means actually the same as "living according to life"--how could you do DIFFERENTLY? Why should you make a principle out of what you yourselves are, and must be? In reality, however, it is quite otherwise with you: while you pretend to read with rapture the canon of your law in Nature, you want something quite the contrary, you extraordinary stage-players and self-deluders! In your pride you wish to dictate your morals and ideals to Nature, to Nature herself, and to incorporate them therein; you insist that it shall be Nature "according to the Stoa," and would like everything to be made after your own image, as a vast, eternal glorification and generalism of Stoicism! With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise-- and to crown all, some unfathomable superciliousness gives you the Bedlamite hope that BECAUSE you are able to tyrannize over yourselves--Stoicism is self-tyranny--Nature will also allow herself to be tyrannized over: is not the Stoic a PART of Nature? . . . But this is an old and everlasting story: what happened in old times with the Stoics still happens today, as soon as ever a philosophy begins to believe in itself. It always creates the world in its own image; it cannot do otherwise; philosophy is this tyrannical impulse itself, the most spiritual Will to Power, the will to "creation of the world," the will to the causa prima.

This bring back so much memories

Nietzsche's strawman of stoicism is nothing new, same shit was said during the time of stoicism.

Its a refutation not a strawman.

I remember this book too and I'm a 19 year old French dude what the fuck. Sometimes when I talk with others my age we share so much shit it's incredible.

It is still as effective in its purpose. In both of its purposes even. That it's not a logically consistent philosophy is a given, anyone who tells you differently is deluded.
Stoicism is about living well, not philosophizing well.

Must be because of increased globalism. Our media consumption becomes increasingly similar across the world's connected middle classes, from Brazil to Norway to India.

wow man really thoughtful, almost reads like something from The Atlantic or Jacobin wow

Haha woah dude, you sound really cynical and insightful. You cut right through the bullshit, you're a REAL straight shooter. Awesome!

/pol/ and reddit were a mistake

i like it when people post shit like this

like ill get shit for admiring simple works like catcher in the rye or the little prince but they are tightly knit and well thought out works. sure maybe i dont agree with everything about them, but they were carefully written

That's not what I'm saying at all. Any insight that is practical will be insight into how to stop being a wageslave.

Wooooooah, meta-cynicism. Nice, dude!