Why has he been forgotten?

Why has he been forgotten?

The difference between Girard and Peterson is that Girard unironically ended up affirming Christianity while Peterson keeps a distance to it. Girard ended up BEING Christian, Peterson only plays with it conceptually. Thats why Girard's career was destroyed and why Peterson is allowed to prosper and I dont doubt for a moment that Peterson knows which line he must absolutely not cross if he doesnt want to be cut off.

who?

Ideas are information that hold value, and as we exist in a total marketplace of exchange, we gravitate towards where the money at so we can get stuff and feel happy, cause I don't like right now, it no fun, I have needs yaknow, I gets ma suckmommie now; and the unspeakable war against scientific discovery manifest in religious thought-policing within the historical context yet futuristic neo-Inquisition potential that human 2.0 can't materialise without hollywood antagonism, not anything like Scientology almaright? no, it's a wise thing that we let the Muslim woerld bring about that memetic shift and than return guns ablazing, whitehat tipped to our pardner The Technocrats, by then a tyical group organized into a familiar Egyptian scribal culture type that Innis so loved to blat about; and what's your problem anyway? Haven't seen you around since the Pope got wind of some S-secrete brethren doing the hokipoki and shaking all about with glimmers and dreams and sightings of youknawwho, the voice unmistakable ... but you didn't here it from me, no, not me, hahaha, I've a thought about that GF returning to save the day once the wind gets the ear hair twitching to a certain frequency that I won't say is the one in all these electrical wires ... no I won't say that, will I?

he is alright, but scarecrows aside, where can you take his project beyond becoming a christian

also there's this guy Jean-Pierre Dupuy that did some lectures with Zizek that is supposed to be a follower of Girard, so maybe he is still relevant in France? not sure

girardfag has stopped posting. Or is posting less.
Unless you mean in general, then it's because christianity is considered to be unnacceptable in a sociologist and structuralism is pretty dead.

Will girardanon ever come back?

*summoning girardfag*

Stop bringing up retards like Peterson on this board, you mongoloid

cause levi strauss was better and he preferred to whine about it overseas instead of taking a minor place behind him.

what has peterson to do with anything? he's a pop psychologist. girard is on a whole other level.

girars will be huge in the years to come. his influence is only a seed today. but he's answered most of our contemporary authors and dealt with major midterm philosophical issues. which means he's about to blowup. if you want a place as an uni teacher next few years, pick up a phd thesis on girard and youre set.

because he's catholic?

He hasn't been forgotten.

the only person promoting girard in america or on earth really is a homosexual techbro who supported trump,

Insane reductionism lmao

Big influence on Peter Thiel and thus memed a lot of nrx into reading his shit, but not much has come of it so far. Still his ideas are out there, they just need a vehicle.

someone give me the cliffs notes on girard please

all i know is
>some kind of faculty of mimesis = lex talionis depth psychology = boogedy boogedy boo, original sin FUCK YOU

Jean-Pierre Dupuy is one of the leading critics of cybernetics (and original founders of it, conceptually)

He has done a hard "re-enchantment" turn in the last few decades, interesting to know he's a Girardian

you forgot scapegoats but that's pretty much it

he won't be forgotten. he intuited too much about mimetics to be ignored, and human meme-networks are going to increasingly be a thing as we continue to explore the Fun of capital. girard is in the same place now he was then and may well always be.

it's not a sexy philosophy. there's no utopianism in it, but not so much ressentiment either (well...that's not *completely* true, i guess...). but for future programmatics in Advanced Mimetology? prepare your anus for much reading of the boy.

sometimes even probing the infinite darkness of capital, land, acceleration &c loses its charm, if that too is only so much more ressentiment. girard seems to me superior to hegel in that respect, with acceleration as a kind of wonky hegelianism turned backwards on itself (this much is hardly rocket science). but there's never any fucking end to how fucked-out you can feel thinking about Capital, however interesting the theory becomes.

words, thoughts, feels, &c. but i don't sweat the absence of name-drops and references to girard on the news too much. the more death-hilarious things get, the more he only seems to be proven right.

what do you think of taussig and benjamin's mimetics, girardfag?