What’s your most expensive book?

What’s your most expensive book?

Probably some art exhibition catalogue.
They are always pissexpensive for some reason.

In terms of monetary value?

I have a signed copy of Ozzy Osbornes autobiography. Maybe when he dies soon I can get a little for it

Signed slaughterhouse five my dad got me. Plz no bully he remembered it was the first book I ever read.

Some old D&D book

Helps funds museums i guess. Licensing, and maybe high res/quality prints as well.

its a good story tho
Vonnegut is my go to for recommending books to people who aren't too into reading

Easton Press "Lord of the Rings" set.
Hard leather binding, gold leaf trim, fold-out maps of Middle Earth.

my diary desu. its cost me my life

First edition Paradise Lost, John Milton 1667 Samuel Simmons. Just kidding.

>paying for books

I have a good selection of books >£100 through collecting photo-books. Haven't checked current offers but pic related was fetching good prices.

this

Probably a signed Satanic Verses. It was a gift so I don't know. I only have a few other signed books but they're personalized making them worthless to anyone else.

>What’s your most expensive book?
I have some old books, but I haven't paid full price for a book in... a decade? Yeah, that sounds right.

I have a 1700s edition of ovid's verwandlungen with gold lief that I found online for... 150$. But, other than that. Ehhh. Pity.

One of these, probably. All 1st printings. The Girl With Curious Hair is signed. Probably my favorite possession.

of the ones i know i own is Welcome to the NHK, as sad as that is

have some form grand parents but most of them are common at first glance

A limited edition of Jim Thompson's A Swell Looking Babe.

First edition Peter Rabbit. Currently on loan, but it's mine (after several family members die).

An illustrated copy of Invisible Cities. Wasn't really expensive, but I'm pretty cheap.

Which one?

The one with illustrations by Matteo Pericoli

Maybe "Ecrits" by Jacques Lacan because Miller is a cunt and the only one who publishs him

Rebecca Romney is my litfu

if i only count my books, the complete pelican shakespeare, which is ~$40. but my parents have a bunch of art and architecture books that are probably more expensive.

Bukowski hardcovers. Don't know how much but looks to be at least a hundred.

very cool. Did DFW do the :^) thing?

probably my first edition harry potter

>could've bought Bottom's Dream when it was $45, now it's 120
I fucked up

Mary Boyce "History of Zoroastrianism vol. 1", was 73 Euro = 90 USD = 112 CAD. Of course I only purchased the first volume because of the fact...

Signed copy of Rush Limbaugh slipcase edition of "See I told you so"

The book itself is $20 online but I got this in the early 2000s during a Bush rally where the tickets were above $1k

1912 dodge edition of the rubaiyat of omar khayyam. goes for $200-$500 depending on condition, and mine is pretty solid after over 100 years

.. bought it for $5 at a yard sale not realizing how rare the edition was. i just recognized the title and saw it was cheap. probably going to sell it on ebay some day and buy a cheaper copy. haven't even read it for fear of damaging it

A Québécois edition of Louis-Ferdinand Céline's wartime pamphlets that I ordered from Canada during a trip to the US four years ago. 90 bucks or something.

I think it’s a close tie between “The Tale of Genji”, “Anime: A history” and the Romance of the three kingdoms box set.

Either a Centipede Press edition of Jekyll and Hyde, or a signed Easton press edition of Statecraft by Margaret Thatcher.

One (1) college textbook

my experimental economics textbook

I have a copy of the New England Yankee Cookbook.

I have an original novel hand-written by Shakespeare, it was a short novel, but it cost $300,000. My grandfather bought it (meaning it's probably worth 2 million these days) and it's just sitting in my library.

I guess if art books count, then this.

My two mathematical conics books ran me about 60 bucks.

That's the most expensive book I own until I buy Ibn Al-Haytham's Completion of the Conics for like 100 bucks or so, very soon.

i had a fairly large collection of reasonably valuable books, but times are hard so i've been having a bit of a clear out recently.
next in line is my copy of tales of beedle the bard, the collector's edition, which i bought when they were released by amazon. my copy is still in the amazon shipping box. prices vary quite widely on ebay. about £100-£150 seems about average.

i also have a couple of the folio society letterpress shakespeare which i'm pretty attached to. they will be the last to go, if needs must.

A huge illustrated Le Mort d'Arthur hardback which retailed for £40.

I bought a set of the Babylonian Talmud. That was pretty expensive. I also bought Summa Theologica. Didn't get to read either due to becoming homeless shortly afterward

I'm unironically considering buying hypersphere, if I do so it will be my most expensive book purchase

first edition of William Faulkner's "The Wild Palms," before it was re-titled "If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem."

I have a copy of Darconville's Cat. it was bout 70 bucks. And a signed copy of There's Treasure Everywhere by Bill Watterson. I'd imagine that'd run one about 120-150 bucks.