ITT: Sentences that make you mad because you wish you've had written them

>THE sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new.

>You must go on. I can't go on. I'll go on.

are you fucking kidding me? what the fuck is wrong with you faggots? i was beginning to suspect most artists were evil sociopaths but this is next level derangement i can’t even fathom being jealous of someone’s words holy god. how indecent and insecure do you have to be to covet someone else’s deeds?

And in the dark he could hear better too, he could hear the sounds the long day had kept from him, human murmurs for example, and the rain on the water.

> That glad, happy air, that winsome sky, did at last stroke and caress him; the step-mother world, so long cruel- forbidding- now threw affectionate arms round his stubborn neck, and did seem to joyously sob over him, as if over one, that however wilful and erring, she could yet find it in her heart to save and to bless.

>Dawn, fresh and rosy-fingered

>Gazing up into the darkness I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger.

calm down friendo it's just a post

I wish to death that it was me that has had written the Addie chapter in As I Lay Dying.

>Imagine releasing Ulysses knowing that you would be cemented into the history of literature forever.
>Now you get to fuck around and write Finnegan's Wake

I thought you meant the Caddie chapter in The Sound and the Fury and for a second there thought you were on some next level of Veeky Forums memes.

>He saw through the threadbare cuffedge of his coat the sea hailed as a great mother by the wellfed voice beside him.

Or something along those lines

Every line of Beckett

Shouldn't you be studying Johnny?

"Good news guys I finally have a girlfriend!"

Not really a particular sentence, but Giordano Bruno made a lot of cool jokes by combining verses from Eclogues and Aeneid. But since hardly anyone reads Bruno, I might as well copy him.

DISGRACEFUL

thats fucking beckett, why the joyce pic?

>The sun is a hammer

>Glasgelb lag der gesprungene Mond.

Bump

>This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle - broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would ... ... but I'm a man of thirty - of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism - I'm born again ...

>only gods live forever under the sun
I was just a little late, fuck

>If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - what would you tell him?...

>To shrug.

Bump

Even the impenetrable stuff like Westward Ho and Sedendo Et Quiescendo?

I love Beckett but I dare say he had a few more misses in his corpus than people are willing to admit.

Isnt Araby in third person?

no