Was otto weininger right about the nature of women /lit? do women have no souls?

Was otto weininger right about the nature of women /lit? do women have no souls?

By soul I mean ego(i.e self consciousness).

is that his main thesis? that women don't have souls? i think that should have been obvious.

no its more complicated than that read Sex & Character

Henids. Nuff said.

What is it with intellectuals hating women?

>a jew being right about something
good joke

they're not getting laid.

they can't get pussy ofc

Of course, they do not have an ego in the Kantian sense

why do you think anyone reads from a young age it is indicative of social isolation

she might have a soul

Must have something to do with the fact that they have the intellectual capacity to see most of them for what they are

They're generally obsessed with taking life seriously and women are the exact opposite.

A man is disgusted with other men for not knowing what he knows, too, but it has a certain modality to it. Implicit in the disgust is a) the fact that the man didn't "do the work" to uncover the logos, and b) that he probably would feel ashamed about it if he knew the nature and extent of his failure. He might react defensively or deceptively to being shamed for his failure, but the premise would be evading shame. The idea is at least there that it's shameful to be a dilettante, to be too weak to uncover logos by concretising concepts and learning the truth.

In classical misogyny, women will not know the truth and just not be ashamed about it. Or they'll be ashamed about surface aspects of it, because they want the prestige of being part of some elite group of knowers, while subtly revealing that they don't get why knowing was prestigious in the first place (because truth = beauty).

Weininger's misogyny is predicated on a Goethean morphology of ideas concretising, and geniuses being the best at concretising ideas. Geniuses are valorised as the only really worthwhile people that exist. It's a pretty simple mutation of German idealism and German romantic hero worship, when you pick it apart. All the elements are implicit or explicit in Goethe already. The misogyny is a byproduct of Weininger's Goethean dislike of "pointless life," of people who don't amount to Napoleons or even (at the extreme end of the spectrum of non-genius/failure) aspire to be Napoleons.

German Romantic nihilism, and hero worship:
>Moral life, it is asserted, means serious life. Seriousness, and the ceremonial of seriousness the flag and the oath to the flag, are the distinctive features of the closed society, of the society which by its very nature, is constantly confronted with, and basically oriented toward, the Ernstfall, the serious moment, M-day, war. Only life in such a tense atmosphere, only a life which is based on constant awareness of the sacrifices to which it owes its existence, and of the necessity, the duty of sacrifice of life and all worldly goods, is truly human: the sublime is unknown to the open
society.
(Strauss)

Where can I read more about this Goethean stuff? Obviously Goethe, but what are some books that go over his influence on later intellectuals?

It depends what parts of interest you. Studies of Goethe's morphology are big right now. if you read French there's Jean Lacoste's Goethe: Sciente et philosophie; and also Henri Bortoft (who is anthroposophy influencd) has good books on Goethean science that are more accessible than Rudolf Steiner's originals.

On the myth/demonic stuff, if you read German, the anthology Das Damonische (the intro chapter by Wetters, Geulen, and Friedrich is the best place to start since it's short). Blumenberg is one of the major ones to talk about it in Work on Myth. For Goethe's influence on other intelletuals, check out Wetters, Demonic History; Nicholls, Goethe's Concept of the Daemonic, and Nicholls' easier Routledge book on Blumenberg. Ernst Cassirer, Eric Voegelin, a lot of others. Some good stuff on Goethe's gestalt in Junger and Heidegger coming out lately. Can highly recommend Heidegger's lectures on Hölderlin hymn Der Ister, where he talks about Greek deinon and unheimlich.

Good post. Thanks user

now this is kino. thanks user.

who the fuck is this guy

Probably the only guy on Veeky Forums who actually reads books

>all these replies to a trash post
Is there a single misogynistic thinker who fits this description? Shakespeare didn't. Schopenhauer and Nietzsche certainly didn't. For James, it was probably one of the few positive fearures of feminine character. For Weininger, it certainly wasn't a main objection.

Is there a way to get away Christian virgin make order bride? I need a wife and I'll have a good engineering job in a couple years, but I have no hope through traditional means.

we get it, you can't get laid, no need to write an essay about it

>incel virgins hahaha lol

kys roasties