Just b a good man XD

>just b a good man XD

he couldn't even chose his successor properly, why should i take him serisouly?

This is also my main disconnect with the guy, I think his world view manifested in neglect for his son. Not that parent child relationships were great back then, or even that his and Commodus' was that bad, but was that not the whole reason the direct line rule was abandoned in the first place? To keep spoiled little shits from gaining power?

>his son
>his
>

>you have control over other people

t. Marcus

>you have no responsibility over a choice that was yours
alrighty then

its really not his fault that his diary desu got published and commandeered by casuals.

Fucking Platonists. I want every fucking /pol/tard worshiping this absolute piece of garbage to jump into the fire.
>im an impotent little retard who denies his own will becuz muh form of good but retitled because i dont want to sound like a complete hack
It was written by a casual.

I'm not sure what you're implying

It wasnt meant to be read and analyzed as a serious philosophical text.

He was cucked. I mean literally. His son was probably not his.

why did he give him the throne then? was it just
>n-no guys... he is definitely mine, see? i am giving him the throne

not sure if "throne" is the right word for an emperor, but i can't think of anything better now

>bro, just walk it off, it ain't worth it dude
t. Marcus

You are not at fault for someone not listening to you after you guide them or teach them. Ultimately, you have no control what someone else does.
Your will cannot control others. Influence sure, to some extent. Control? No.

>why did he give him the throne then?

Because he's a cuck, thats what cucks do

>But he fucked your wife
>Its ok, he enjoyed it so the happiness in the world is increased

it was literally just precedent, Nerva was the pick of the senate but the powerful army wanted its own pick, so Trajan was made his heir. It just became the norm after that. The fact that the severans became a family Dynasty shows that there probably wasnt a strict rule on it

It shouldn't be read at all, it should be burned.
Nope. I control everything. The sun rises for me. Last Man, go back to plebbit

Reminder that cuck stands for:

C - calm in all situations
U - understanding of other's faults
C - compassionate no matter status
K - knowledgeable about many subjects

I may proudly say that I am a KEK!

Read Pierre Hadot

I like this.

there's something deeply irritating about watching Veeky Forums turn philosophy itself into yet another unenlightened argumentative antagonistic ego-driven meme-comprised pissing contest

What do you expect from severely depressed nihilists with messy rooms?

Kingpin?

new pasta