Why would anyone bother with buying a paperback book when a hardcover version exists?

Why would anyone bother with buying a paperback book when a hardcover version exists?

Paperback bends super easily, straight up looks like shit and doesn't feel good to the touch.

To save money

Oh gawd who cares. Books are to be read not to be fetishized.

The only good thing about hardcover is that they look better. Paperbacks are nicer to hold and bring with you, plus they're cheaper. People saying they fall apart after three readings are either full of shit or literal monkeys.

Because I like how paperback bends and wrinkles easier. Makes me feel like I actually own it since I changed it's state.

They take up much less room. Hardcovers are generally a waste of space, cost more, and weigh more on your shelves.

Save money, easier to take around with me and read whenever I feel like it, more comfortable to hold

I like owning books. I also like money. Paperbacks are a good inbetween.

This. Just take care of and respect your stuff.

>Paperbacks are nicer to hold
false
>and bring with you
false
>plus they're cheaper
true

why would you even need to read the same book thrice?

>need to read

nigga its a fucking want.

Price for one. Barring that:
300 pages = Hardcover

because you can comfortably read a paperback with one hand, they often fit nicely in a backpocket, and I don't feel so bad when they eventually become tattered (it actually looks quite nice sometimes)

also this, in general. I like most my math books to be hardcover, and the books i view as more 'high brow' i also prefer hard

>fits in your back pocket
>he only reads novellas
The absolute state of the paperbacks parade

>he thinks I only read what I carry in my backpocket
>he thinks only novellas are small enough to fit in the backpocket

No, you psued. I've read works ranging from Euclid's Elements to Hamilton's 'Mythology', and I'm working on Plato right now as he keeps my ass company

You can do that with a hardcover too.

Comfortably was the operative word there, bucco. I didn't say it was impossible to read a hardcover with one hand, but turning pages, rolling the cover, etc are all so natural with a paperback whereas a hardcover is much more cumbersome and restrictive, thus less suitable for single handed reading.

also why are you standing in the bathroom, over your toilet, taking pictures of yourself holding a book with one hand? dad doesn't let you read your homo book in the living room?

>Reads Euclid's Elements
Mein Niger.

There's some proposition in like Book VII or something which is the backbone of all constructions in geometry. It's fucking random as hell but interesting.