Drugs

Why do you faggots do drugs? How do you justify it to yourselves? I got high last night and can't understand Hegel today. If I can't understand Hegel my life is worthless. Therefore doing drugs makes my life worthless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NGT05sXvz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you say understanding Hegel makes life worth living ?

Isnt Hegel the faggot who made up a new language for his stuff ?

Drugs aren't good for art, it was all a '60s meme.

Writers' bread and butter always been and always will be alcohol and mental illness.

what? i do drugs everynight while reading

Wtf r u talking about, OP? I read the Phenomenology while baked out of my skull and achieved self-consciousness. What's your excuse?

>drugs aren't good for art
>the only things good for art are a drug and things that alter your mind chemically

>How do you justify it to yourselves
I don't. Life is about balancing being high enough to cope with being sober enough to read/function. On a sidenote, I think I'm one of the few human being capable of reading while high out of my mind. It took about three years of practice though.

>all drugs are the same and affect the mind negatively

All junkies should be shot, baka desu
They're all murderers by proxy by funding the business which kills the most people in the world

>Kills the most people in the world
Lmao.
Fuck off with your virtue signalling you edgy faggot.
>People who buy bananas at the supermarket should be disappeared and chopped into pieces for supporting AUC death squads by proxy to the banana industry that pays them for "public relations"
>Anyone who uses anything with a microchip or coltan should be shot for funding the congo civil war and numerous other crimes
>If you buy a product containing wheat or cotton in the supermarket you are most likely responsible for famine in India and Africa, buy supporting international state-corporate complexes that are responsible and should be force evicted into the slums Mumbai before starving to death.
I good go on all day and could get into very gross details. As a person who actually does something about these things I am telling you to fuck off.
The kind of naivete it takes to think you can change a thing with consumption, lol. If you think it is simply market relationships that make such injustice possible you are wrong, it's conventions like property and state sovereignty.
Drugs are fucking sick and consumers can't change a damn thing. Only citizens can, so get off your ass and resist if you really give a fuck, otherwise STFU.
Btw the main thing responsible for narco terrorism is international relations and state violence, aswell as private property.
Drugs are fucking sick.

Gonna have to admit that it does make it more difficult to read when you take psychedelics that make it look like the letters on the page are running away from your line of sight. Still fun though, and I feel that Huxley's Doors of Perception does a good job justifying their use in wiping the crud out of your third eye.

wait till big pharma launches the entire world into extinction when they never stop mass producing and selling antibiotics. Then you'll be the one responsible for all these deaths, buying your tylenol at walgreens.

See, you're dumb as fuck.

literally first started reading Hegel on 3 hits of acid. Never had that kind of an experience before, was fucking amazing.

no you didnt
or your acid was garbage
you cant read on any dose that sends you past the peak ive micro and mini dosed while reading in fact i did it yesterday but dont pretend like three hits of decent acid will get you anywhere but a curled up fractalscape

If you can control your mind you can do just about anything on acid.
>t. Person who has driven a car cross country on twelve hits

kys you fucking piece of shit

my drug use stems from my death wish and has no relation to my literary interests

Alcohol isn’t good either. Technically, if you could do just enough of it to slightly lower your inhibitions and boost your creativity, it would be better for you, but since if you were to make that a habit you would eventually build a tolerance and make it harder and harder, it’s best to just leave it alone since the effects are minimal at best.

Mental illness can help, as a lot of crazy people I’ve met make funky paintings and such. It’s kind of a crapshoot though.

Really, the thing that helps the most, and the thing that people hate hearing, is you’ve just got to sit down and write for extended periods of time every single day for a number of years and you eventually get pretty darn good.

woah which is it that you dont like the acid or the cute little grls because i looooove both of them locking arms

And companies whose crimes are discovered should and are punihed most of the time. And people who care about human lives avoid them if they are not.
Junkies are responsible for most of African wars, all the civil strife in Latin America and East Asia and most of the crime in North America and Europe. And you know this, but simply don't give a flying fuck. So yes, you should be shot.
Are they immediately responsible for millions of deaths anually right now? No, but the monsters who keep buying weed and coke as if they're as innocent as crossing a red light is.

Also, whataboutism isn't an actual argument, you disgusting fucks. You don't even consider the cost that you bring upon others.

But I buy weed at a store like a normal person

Probably bait
>And companies whose crimes are discovered should and are punihed most of the time. And people who care about human lives avoid them if they are not.
First of all it works exactly the opposite way, look what Chevron did in Ecuador or what DOW did in India. I know for a fact that the authorities not only know about many corparte crimes but they go to great lengths to let them happen with impunity. And this includes narcotrafficing Read some stratfor leaks.

>Junkies are responsible for most of African wars, all the civil strife in Latin America and East Asia and most of the crime in North America and Europe.
Absurd, sure alot of terrible people are junkies, but it's not being a junkie that made them bad people. Name one war that was started by people getting high, I happen to have alot of particular knowledge that relates to those vague problems you just name dropped

>Name one war that was started by people getting high
It's unironically impossible to list them all
So let's look at "only" some of the ones that are ongoing in these last 20 years
>American War on Drugs
>Mexican Drug War
>Philippines Drug War
>Brazilian Cartel Wars
>FARC insurrection
>Sendero Luminoso rebellion
>Afghan Opium War
>Indian D-company attacks
>Hezbollah and Hamas
And there are many more
Are the people directly funding drug trafficking not responsible for the wars it causes?

This is unironically ok. As long as the stores buy from legal and certified farmers.

This. The word drug is completely useless without further clarification about which specific drug is being discussed.

>dont pretend like three hits of decent acid will get you anywhere but a curled up fractalscape
You must be the most soy of boys. 3 tabs (assuming you mean around 300ug) is a low dose. I recommend beginners do that dose. The most I've taken at once was 1.3mg and I could still read after I took some time to focus.

For me it was like oh lets try then discovering new areas of my counsciousness then the feeling of seeing 8deep16you2 and then after a few years stopping drugs because they re for faggots anyway.

>tfw Pynchon smoked a pound a week while writing GR, COL49 and M&D at the same time

we're just all brainlets

A man moved near a river and, wanting to find a way to travel across the water, spent ten years forming a type of levitation that would allow him to float across it. Buddha, who was preaching in town, was confronted by this man, who said, "Look master, look what I have achieved. I can walk across the water." And Buddha said, "Yeah, but the ferry only costs a nickel..."

Drugs, most significantly psychedelics, can be the key that unlocks the expansion of your own consciousness. The mystical, powerful experience is not in the chemical, it is in the person and can found through the different perspective created by the chemicals. Having these intense experiences "naturally", without the use of drugs, is no different from the experience gained with the drugs. OPs post is impossible to address without first knowing what specific chemical was consumed. "Drug" tells nothing.

I've had my psychedelics phase as a teenager, but it's gone now. I still do some drugs eventually, but merely as casual entertainment. I put drugs exactly in the same column as sex: both are experiences quite frankly worth some time, but by far unessential and unproductive.

>yfw he asked his wife to give him LSD during his last moments

youtube.com/watch?v=4NGT05sXvz8

Sounds like you've had a lot of fun.

I feel like you're making this up, it was terrible acid, or your tolerance is exceptionally high

cause its fun and as long as you arent a gutter-gened pleb with addictive tendencies you can do hallucinogens with literally zero risk to yourself

weed and psychedelics don't intrinsically help creativity but the distorted perceptions can help you look at things from new angles

Or the experience of LSD is very subjective and varies wildly between individuals.

he's definitely outright lying. 12 hits would leave most people unable to get up off the ground.

>12 hits would leave most people unable to get up off the ground.
t. someone who has never done a high dose

French posters are not welcome on Veeky Forums

I doubt he would be able to drive a car "cross country" if he had never taken acid before and started with twelve tabs. Sure, it's possible, it seems more likely that it's posturing, based on my experience with and around the drug. I know of someone who took one hundred tabs at once, but he was an a-head

>I doubt he would be able to drive a car "cross country" if he had never taken acid before and started with twelve tabs.
>if he had never taken acid before
This was not part of his claim. If he did say that I wouldn't believe it either.

>one hundred tabs at once
Even if it was shitty LSD, even if there was less than 100ug there... I can't even imagine what he saw something there. He probably experienced unexistence during the peak.

That's what I mean about tolerance being a major factor.

bro i blacked out on like 8 hits

LSD tolerance is nearly reset after only 2 weeks. What really helps on higher doses is past experiences of tripping and knowing what to expect, not physical tolerance.

High on what? Weed? Weed is known for making you dumb

Why are you guys so crazy
I dont think I would be able to handle something beyond 3.5g of shrooms. Thats already intense enough for me, beyond that I would go nuts because of thinking I'm going nuts.

No it doesn't. Literally almost every major figure of the last 100 years blazed it.

>hasn't done a thumbprint yet
>tfw The Rose of Paracelsus is all true

i used to experiment with shrooms and o-acetylpsilocin, during a time when i was learning to come to peace with some issues that had given me grief all my life.
one afternoon i was baked and grabbed a handful of dry fungi (later turned out to be ~5 grams) on an empty stomach and began walking downtown. it's obviously not an experience that can be conveyed verbally, but within an hour or two i was literally walking through the entirety of my own life/history. to any observer i was just a dude out for a stroll (sunglasses are important).

i'm not aware of any actual dosage limit, but i'm not sure i would take 1/8+ doses in public anymore. in a safe, quiet room is different story.
but yeah, i've had the "i'm going to be like this forever and my parents will know" experience.

I'm never doing acid again. I did it three times, every experience was terrible. Shrooms are alright.

That's true. But I think one would still need a lot of experience to be comfortable driving on that much acid,

Had that sorta thing happen on 150mg of 4-aco-dmt. I remembered being the Buddha and Christ as I lay on my bed in darkness...

drugs are for faggots 2bh

You have conditioned yourself to feel like you couldn't handle high doses. Handling a high dose for any psychedelic is the same process as handling a low dose. You have to let go, loosen your tight grip on your "sober" reality, and watch the chemical work it's magic. Higher doses for me actually go smoother compared to the low doses because, I assume, the transition from "sober" to tripping is much quicker and fighting the experience becomes increasingly futile. Set and setting will always be most important factor no matter the dose. What do you think would happen if you took more than 5 grams? The experience will always eventually end and you are missing out by scaring yourself into not even attempting it.

>I did it three times, every experience was terrible
Can you explain these experiences? I'm curious

I dont feel comfortable in a small quiet room either, I just have never been able to "let go" while on psychedelics except at the peak of my first trip when I archived ego dissolution (no ego death)
I never really enjoy the experience, is always just weird and freaky, but that doesnt stop me from keep doing psychedelics
I dont know what my fucking problem is

There was usually some fun at the outset, like watching and enjoying a film I otherwise wouldn't have, but about three or four hours into the trip I would start freaking. I couldn't interact with another person without turning into a nervous wreck. I actually felt physically "strung out," like my muscles and my mind had been wrung dry. Every time I tried to think about something I would descend into a nightmarish thicket of hypothetical cases and reasons to the contrary, and I would never make progress. The third time I scared my friend's girlfriend through sheer autism, so I just laid down in my room, which she came into, and apologized. She apologized to me for being frightened by me, then laid down next to me in bed, which was quite honestly terrifying because I had no (and to this day have no) idea what was going on. That was when I decided I would never do it again.

I think smoking a not insignificant amount of weed throughout these trips probably contributed to the bad experiences, but I have HPPD from smoking too much pot now so I'm not going to risk exacerbating that by trying acid pot-free.

>then laid down next to me in bed
Thats cute

Neither colombia nor peru are about drugs, drugs got involved eventually but it's really about communism

I just froze and pretended to be asleep, literally played dead like a possum. I am an inveterate coward.

my impression is that psilocybin throws every trace of insecurity and self-awareness (the negative kind) right in your face. which is obvious i guess, but what i mean is it could be a sign that there are things for you to work on during regular waking hours.
also, one thing i didn't mention is that right before my downtown vision quest began in earnest, i was tripping the fuck out, like i never have, in the middle of a public park, and managed to call a more experienced buddy who ended up biking over and helped me interpret my thoughts rationally. once my fears were allayed, the real journey began.
so having someone be there for you just in case, someone who knows what time it is and who you really trust, can make all the difference
sounds wonderful :)

Sounds like you have a lot of problems you need to work out. LSD and other psychedelics are amazing at exposing our weaknesses and it sounds like you have a lot of them. From your post I can tell you are physically weak. The biggest step towards a healthy mind is cultivating a healthy, strong body.

same. i like your numbers too

>>American War on Drugs
Started because Congress made getting high illegal
>Mexican Drug War
Same thing, the state is the aggressor, cartels would not exist to have the power they do if drugs we're not criminal.
>Philippines Drug War
Same shit, drug users did not start this, all they did was do drugs
>Brazilian cartel wars
Same shit again
>FARC insurrection
Not even close, project LAZO created the FARC out of some peasant labor activists
>Sendero Luminoso rebellion
Nothing to do with drugs other than a source of revenue
>Afgan
Wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't criminalized on the international market, besides accidental overdoses. Opium users aren't going to be fighting many wars, the producers yes, but that has more to do with unjustified authority gained through capital and property accumulation.
>D company attacks
Not a result of people getting high
>Hezbollah and Hamas
Not even cartels, they sell it to finance themselves. The reason they are violent has nothing to do with drugs.
It seems like you think anything with an arbitrary relationship to drugs means it was caused by drugs. I hope you aren't serious.
>Are the people directly funding drug trafficking not responsible for the wars it causes?
At the consumer level it doesn't matter, what gives them the most money is the fact that drugs are criminalized, thus allowing for bad dudes to monopolize the drug trade. If all drugs we're legal, no one would by them from assholes. If you really are concerned lobby for decriminalization.
Think of it this way, you can save water taking a shorter shower. If everyone in America stopped using any water for personal use, it would almost off set the amount of water we use to irrigate golf courses. Ethical consumerism doesn't do a fucking thing at such a large scale.
I am far more concerned about the crimes of the petroleum and mineral industries, they are far worse and further reaching. The same can be said for agrobussiness and fisheries, this all happens with impunity under the law. Drug related violence is a fart in the wind comparatively.

>From your post I can tell you are physically weak.

How? I mean, you're right, but I wonder how you can tell this. Just the insecurity?

>I just have never been able to "let go" while on psychedelics
It's not rocket science. Consume the chemical (higher doses will make it easier). Find a comfortable spot in a quiet, calm place with little or no people where you know you will certainly not be interrupted. Lay your head back and stare at the sky or the ceiling and let the chemical work its magic. You literally don't have to think or do anything, just watch yourself quickly start to trip progressively harder until you are cruising at peak levels.

She wanted the d. Your acid mindfuck was too powerful.

well if you know acid you know comparing dosing is nearly impossible liquid is displaced even on the same blotter sheet and most of you morons dont regent test and get sold an RC because that is about a thousand times more common in fact im almost certain that is the case

No, her boyfriend was in the next room, I'm pretty sure he sent her in to fuck with me, not to fuck me. I don't know that, I'm reticent to believe it because he was genuinely nice to me sometimes, but honestly I get fucked with a lot so that's the most probable scenario, speaking from my experience with human beings. Like all other mammals, they exploit weakness when they scent it.

>"nu-uh, not real acid"
>implying I wasn't getting sheets on sheets from dead family and didn't always do an ehrlich reagent test

Wow. That is so much projection and ressentiment. Stop doing drugs. Read philosophy and psychology.

you never come down from a thumbprint user, LSD gangs used to dust people and surreptitiously thumbprint people to vet them or to punish them

nevermind the fact that tolerance to actual LSD builds up very quickly. i knew a guy who went through a period in high school dosing every day. he would eventually have to grab a handful of blotter paper every morning just to get a buzz

Yea, I do. Knowing that one is doomed doesn't really help. I've been thinking this way for decades, it's ineluctable at this point. Aristotle backs me up on this.

I stopped doing drugs almost a year ago.

>I mean, you're right, but I wonder how you can tell this. Just the insecurity?
The insecurity is just part of it. From your post you seem like a very neurotic person who likes to indulge in their own neurosis and negative thoughts. Indulgence is a trait most commonly associated with weak people with little discipline or mental fortitude. You can't cultivate a healthy body (and a healthy mind) while also indulging in every whim, positive or negative, that happens to appear in your head. This weakness becomes unavoidably apparent when you consume disassociates like LSD that separate you from your usual coping mechanisms. This is how I assumed you are weak-bodied.

This. Getting acid off the streets is for only the most desperate.

>isn't family
>18yo
Then start doing drugs again.

Seems like you just happened upon that conclusion. Plenty of people with weak, flabby bodies had healthy minds, e.g. Hume.

That is something I will not do.

>Lay your head back and stare at the sky or the ceiling and let the chemical work its magic.
I would already go insane before the trip even started

>Seems like you just happened upon that conclusion
Don't we all.
>Plenty of people with weak, flabby bodies had healthy minds
I'm not claiming this. My post was meant to show my perspective on your specific post based on assumptions and my understanding of human behavior. Though there are plenty of weak-bodied people who can project a functional mind, I assume you are not a part of that group.

What's wrong with going insane? Builds character, son.

>I would already go insane before the trip even started
You are setting yourself up for failure by thinking this. Have just a mediocre amount of confidence and you'll be fine. I would only recommend not tripping if you were already insane.

Complete bullshit enough of the posturing /polfit/ are fucking morons and you just reek of it its damn annoying oh what will you speculate about this post?im a drug addict and 4yr amatuer boxer my will is weak and im a loser but i can still get in shape and starch most of the population but it doesnt fucking matter it means nothing outside of the gym its juvenile and just lifting is about hundred times more so

How does one acquire psychedelics

What do you mean by functional? I have a job, but there are other things that I can't do and have never been able to. I don't think working out three times a week is going to help very much with neuroses that have been developing since childhood, because I do physical exercise already.

>RC because that is about a thousand times more common
maybe for plebs without connectons
its rare i find an RC and when i do its a dank ass rare one that cost more than acid

Im a (stabilized) bipolar, who tends a lot more to the depressive side, I dont know if that counts as strictly insane

Be cool, bro. You're not a fucking narc, are you?

Get pussy?
Same.
Schizoaffective masterrace.

>What do you mean by functional?
A functional, healthy mind is one that can manifest thoughts without compulsively associating those thoughts with emotions, especially negative emotions. With this perspective, neurosis is antithetical to a healthy mind.
>I don't think working out three times a week is going to help very much
You are right. You have to exercise every day, not just 3 times a week. You also have to eat clean every day.

I have, I'd rather be celibate.

I also know that getting Veeky Forums would just feed into my narcissism, which is the obverse of my depression. I'm comfortable in my body, that isn't the issue.

>Im a (stabilized) bipolar, who tends a lot more to the depressive side
>I dont know if that counts as strictly insane
That doesn't even count as loosely insane. Just wait until a week you are feeling especially manic to consume these chemicals (in a good environment considering set and setting) and you should have a positive, insightful experience. Also if you are taking any SSRIs then the effects of most psychedelics will be diminished.

Also
I actually already did the sitting down while waiting for the trip to start
I have never gone totally psychotic-insane while tripping, I always manage to keep myself together but it always seems I'm at the edge at some points
I have grown more skeptical about psychedelics as the time has passed too, the last time I tripped it felt like I didnt buy the more mystical or "cosmical" side of the experience. But at the same time I was speaking out loud with the shrooms.
I guess I just need to get my shit together and get a proper setting for once

>my narcissism
>my depression
Nice.

You need a vacation and shaman.

Im a rapid cycle type, if I dont take my sweet lamictal or lose a night of sleep and I can oscilate between hypomania and depression twice (or more, but rarely) in a single day
Stabilized Im just a moody prick

I'm was at the beach during this last week with my family but is impossible to get a proper setting with my sisters' childs being noisy and doing kids' stuff all day

You buy them with money

Yes, I'm unpleasant and can only associate with borderline autistic, bitter, jaded little men like myself. That's why I spend so much time on Veeky Forums.