What's your favorite and least favorite Plato dialogue?

What's your favorite and least favorite Plato dialogue?

Parmenides.

First answer. Best answer.

Favorite: Theateatus
Least Favorite: Ion

why have i never seen a photoshop of platos finger being the middle one sticking up of this photo?

Of the one's I've read, Republic, best; Euthyphro, worst.

shit brah do eet

Phaedo: best
Meno: worst (just because I haven't read much of them desu)

dont got photoshop, someone call up the meme bros

Pleb: Republic
Contrarian: Parmenides
Patrician: Phaedrus

Either The Republic or Laws are my favorite, I much prefer the longer dialogues.

The one I liked the least was probably Crito or something, not really enough there to say anything concrete, you know?

Favorite: Symposium
Least Favorite: Cratylus (it´s great, but I hated how he btfo Heraclitus-kun)

Someone, please.

I didn't like Crito until I realised that it corrected a misconception I'd had about Plato's larger political works like the Republic. I had thought that the city in the Republic was an unreachable Ideal, and that only that Ideal was worthy of obedience, since any real city would be inevitably corrupt. Crito showed that obedience is required even if the city is flawed, because obedience is a critical factor in its ability to generate any moral good. So Crito is good if you think of it as an appendix to the Republic

least favorite: laws
most favorite: TIMAEUS

>start Cratylus
>oh this is alright, it's quite an interesting topic
>get 1/3 of the way through
>Socrates: now let me tell you about etymologies
>proceed to be subjected to 50+ pages of 2500 year old puns and wordplay in a language i don't know
>Hermogenes: wow, that's really insightful Socrates
yeah, wow alright.

The one where he bums a kid.

It's not that boring if you do the effort to situate yourself in their time.

That's central to any political theorist. Maybe I had reached that idea while reading Plato or reading people who interpreted Plato on here.

But I have read The Republic twice, it is an amazing book, and I never perceived that the ideal city was completely unattainable, just partially. For instance, sin will always exist. It is something to strive towards, however, for certain.

I’ll do it when I get home lads

Phaedo best
Phadrus worst

there's something deeply irritating about watching Veeky Forums turn philosophy itself into yet another unenlightened argumentative antagonistic ego-driven meme-comprised pissing contest

Damn. Came to post this. Socrates as the young man, mistakenly thought it'd be a counter intuitive move. Third user has least favorite right: Ion.

Strong collection.

That's whole purpose of this board senpai

Sorry it's not great. Whipped it up real quick before I head out to Yoga

>yoga

HAH GAYYYYYYYTT

Protagoras getting rekt is hilarious and unusually dramatic in its digressions. It's definitely one where the stereotype of Socrates being an asshole is true.

I cant say i have a least favorite yet but reading the seventh letter was weird. I don't know to approach it after reading over 1000 pages of dialogues.

thats really good bro, you have captured the Form Of Good!

>but reading the seventh letter was weird
I didnt read it, but read that there is great debate and uncertainty on the authenticity of any of his letters

Why would I read Plato it's so boring I want more song of ice and fire books

t. Gino tit faggot weighing over 300 pounds