Damn. I cried

Damn. I cried.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does he confess to being a massive faggot?

yah vbelieving in god is pretty pathetic desu haha

The part about his mothers death almost made me cry.

Yeah me too, friend. Book 8 and 9 really did it.
>when he fell down beneath the fig tree in wailing
>when he came back home and opened to the passage in the book of Acts

I didn't cry but the part about his friend in book 4 was overpowering. If I ever were to choose a passage to read at a someone's funeral, it would be that.

Has anyone read Sarah Ruden's new translation? I liked her translations of the Aeneid and Golden Ass a lot (inb4 >reading something translated by a woman).

No you didn't. you're just trying to act cool again.

He looks happy

The absolute state of NEETs

>Mani sucks and now I luv Jebus
Woah... really makes you think

More like
>Mank sucks and now I luv Plotinus

it does because gnosticism sucks

I completely lost the plot once he started talking about time and how to interpret genesis.

Was his point basically that God and Heaven are beyond our conception of time as time only exists in the physical world as a measure of change and God is unchanging?

Remember, Veeky Forums: Augustine was once a complete degenerate. He held heretical beliefs and also had repeated sexual relations outside of marriage, even fathering a child outside of wedlock. Yet in the end, he became so devoted to Jesus Christ that he's regarded as among the greatest of saints, and his writings have provided immense wisdom to Christians throughout the centuries.

So, it's never too late to turn your life around.

His story is an analogue of Western Civilisation. Our collective consciousness has been swayed toward wayward, heretical beliefs. We too prefer Carnal pleasures over the love of God. We too have been seduced by false philosophies and use our instrumental reason as justification.
But if Augustine taught us anything, its that if someone as wretched and misguided as him can find their way back to God. We, like him, require the prayers of others. Therefore, please pray for me brothers, as I will pray for all of you.

Why is the Apple on fire?

gay

It's a heart. It's meant to represent a heart on fire with love of God.

was it the peaches?

he didn't just "hold heretical beliefs" he was a full blown manichean which was a completely different religion

i.e. holding heretical beliefs.
What's your deal?

the word heretic implies he adhered to the religion
catholics, christian gnostics, arians, monophysites and catars are heretics
muslims, confucians, buddhists, roman pagans and manicheans aren't really heretics

>You must imagine the robot happy

Have you heard yourself?

Nice larp

Which is the best translation?

he's right though. a heathen's not a heretic. when you're larping as a christian but get the language wrong it lets everyone know you're just fronting.

>stealing peaches just for the sake of being bad

Why doesn't he ever mention hell in this book?

Don't do this to me, user. Now I have to post the rest of the album.

fucking hell

There's a-more. It's amore.

This one doesn't look to bad

>Oh Lord. Last night I masturbated to that prostitute I saw the other day. I'M SO SORRY, LORD. I have failed you!! Waaahhhhh

Filthy degeneracy.

This one looks alright

I hate that you are back

Was pretty boring desu.

I for one welcome back our butterfly overlord, as brief as the appearances may last.

I didn't know that Geralt of rivia likes birthday parties

la creatura...

stop samefagging

kek'ed desu

peak america

damn

There were, and are, people more wretched than pre-christianity Augustine, but his "saving grace" was that he ended up regretting his former state of being, felt deep shame/guilt about it and wanted to atone for it.
What I'm curious to know is if there's a recorded case of the worst of the worst, like a serial murderer/rapist and what have you, that's finally been hit by the heinousness of his deeds and turned to religion to alleviate the guilt. I'm assuming this kind of persons would feel a deeper sense of the wretchedness of the world and its need of the divine and redemption, in the end, than someone simply raised religious.

Yes. Time exists within god but he is above it and thus not bound by it. Also only the present exists and god effectively exists in a spectrum encompassing eternal present.

Makes me think unironically
Maybe I can still make it lads

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo
I feel like Buttnaked is unironically changed

Forgot about this one. And yeah, the guy seemed changed when I first watched this doc

it's cool if you guys want to post pictures of pathetic birthdays, just don't post the one with the black dude crying because nobody he invited even showed up. it's too much.

post it, i aint seen it

this one?

right in the feels

My 19th was worse
But at least it wasn't so public. :'(

Now tell me you wouldn't direct your self-hatred towards minorities on the internet if you were him

>translation

But why value happiness in the first place?

All these ungrateful brats baka, they survived a year, they're ALIVE for god sakes, and they have people around them that care enough to want to celebrate their birth and document this.

Because it pleases. Don't go all PoMo-robo on us now

tell us about it

happy ending to this story actually
he has like a ton of internet friends cause of this pic and seems to be doing well
feelsgood

I alluded to it about a week or so ago in another thread.
Stupid family argument. Putting frosting on my own cake in tears. Don't want to go into details. Not happy times.

sad reacts only

I want it to be my property, because of all properties it is the most pleasant.

Augustine's personal inability to have a normal balanced, Biblical view of sex has been a curse upon western civilization ever since.

>tfw no brutalist babylon to live in

>thiskillsthecrab.jpg

hey, you can still make it

Not that your dried-up vagina would know any better.

The figure is kinda cute though

go on..

>Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
>Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

the figure is the most utterly soul crushing part

>bucket of cheetos
All that presentation, ruined.

>infidelity
D R O P P E D

Remember: the people onto which you exert your depravity are irrelevant, there's nothing saying you can't torment and humiliate everyone you meet and everyone in general, as long as you say sorry afterwards. Everyone and everything is cannon fodder for your own hero's journey.

Also, SAYING sorry is not only enough, but preferable. Rational or even affective guilt and regret are irrelevant. Only empty ritual expression thereof, p-zombiehood, guarantees salvation.