True love can only exist in fantasy

True love can only exist in fantasy

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I live out my fantasy, and with who?

Love is an emotion. What is a "true" emotion?

If you're lucky, you'll find someone as equally delusional as you, and you'll both die together before the love runs out.

Conditional love can never be eternal

>he just read Kierkegaard

>Conditional love can never be eternal
how can love not be conditional? you always want something.

and if you're real lucky, there won't just be a lover and a loved one

ree

>how can love not be conditional?
have you heard about our lord and saviour jesus christ?

not interested in that faglord. i just want a smile in the morning.

I've seen this thread before. I know because I posted something like "true fantasy can only exist in love" and it got a lot of replies.

he got you covered senpai

This
Don't take anything Kierkegaard says about love seriously, he legitimately suffered from depression and it colored his outlook

Flawless fairy-tale love at first sight was never "true" in the first place. True love is just needing someone, and finding someone who needs you too. Doesn't matter if you're both pieces of shit.

>how can love not be conditional?
have you heard about my mom?

we all have, Spencer

Why is it that I get the feeling that Aragorn, after being crowned, was a horrible administrator?
(I've only read the first two books, so if the third talks about his life thereafter, then forgive me)

Don't forget what Papa said. "If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it."

True every time.

Because the taxation structure of Gondor doesn't make any sense.

True fantasy can only exist in love.

Patrician reply. What’s the literary term for that? Chiasmus?

Truth becomes fiction when the fiction's true;
Real becomes not-real where the unreal's real.

Edgy.

Is unrequited love smt worse than that?

lmao didn't spencer's dad die or something?

Unfettered by other emotions, such as greed, envy, or lust

If you're really lucky, like me, you'll find unconditional love, or the closest you can get to it.

You need to be at least 8/10 in looks for the luck to kick in, though.

He doesn't seem like the type to be corrupt, puts others before himself, bangs a hot elf wife, brave as fuck and knows how to lead an army.

A Woman worth loving can only exist in fantasy

Who is your Dulcinea user?

sounds interesting, could you elaborate further more?
I've always thought that love at fist sight is a huge misconception

"Love at first sight"
Is when two people are physically attracted to eachother, aka when they first see eachother they are already interested
And then when they subsequently interact with eachother if they hit it off they sum it up to "Love at first sight" (Which had a massive chance of happening because "muh dick"/"muh vagina" overlooks any glaring personality flaws)

It really isn't a hard concept you flaming autists.

In what sense is fiction true?

>Who is your Dulcinea user?
my teenage crush, my incompetence and intensity maintains the conflict and distance between us. So I face no problems in keeping up the illusion of love, feelsgoodman

>meme is an emotion

Spending valentine's alone eh, OP?

I love my waifu

our concrete lives are guided by our fantasies.

the point of a fantasy is not to be true but to be an useful guide.

it is the map you use to cross an unknown territory.

but the territory can be walked in many ways, even without a map.

>t. high schooler
To think that love is an emotion is the clearest sign of emotional immaturity.

True love IS fantasy. If you look around you in the world you will see no indication that two people should somehow get together and feel that they belong nowhere else, be ready to sacrifice everything, not care about anything else etc. We all got this notion because all media nourishes this fantasy which people buy into because it makes them feel more optimistic that something good will happen in their life. Some of them are so ignorant that they actually think they've reached that.

Well what is it then?

Arwen is so perfect. Why are there no women like her irl?

>Who is your Dulcinea user?
She's in the OP

I have actually met people who are successfully married who insisted they knew the instant they saw the person. A lot goes on unconsciously.
Some people also have the psychological wiring to be attracted to people who are suited for them, or who make good mates, similar to how other people are instinctively drawn to losers.

When baby doesn't hurt you any more

They went to the West, The Undying Lands

How do we get them back?

Love always hurts no matter your age. You become better at concealing, but thats it.

okay. enjoy that.

theres no getting them back, they just so happen to be blacked (numenorians)

Yes

>muh love is an abstract sort of feel
No, it isn't. Even respect is an emotion; just because it's effects are felt subtly doesn't mean it isn't one.

Dolores Haze, tbqhwyf

>i can’t abstract
>all feeling is only emotion, nothing else

Love is not a feeling, you immature fucks. May God have mercy on your relationships.

Attraction is a feeling. Attachment and familiarity are feelings. Desire and care are feelings. Liking someone is a feeling. Love is a decision you make based on some or all of the above. Love is a decision to look past mistakes and flaws, and to place someone else higher than oneself. If you think love is something as changeable and fluctuating as a feeling - be it desire or care or likeability - then you will always be falling in and out of "love", because these feelings ALWAYS disappear. Then "true love" will have no meaning, because it's always a few flaws from shattering. Making love a feeling is one of the greatest sins of the modern West - it has destroyed countless fools running in search of something that cannot be.

>all feeling is only emotion, nothing else
What else would it be? Some non-falsifiable, non-detectable metaphysical shit?

>Love is a decision you make based on some or all of the above.
It's an emotionally-based directive. Hardly changes anything — it still makes no sense even in this context to say that there can be "true" love, since it is still fully dependent on the emotions. Where does the "true" come in?

>Making love a feeling is one of the greatest sins of the modern West
t. Christian who bastardizes love (and also hoards it, coming up with bullshit ideas like "true love" as a pretext for them to say "muh true love for GOD which only I can understand"). You render it something so abstract it is entirely meaningless.

Am not Christian. And I never said that love cannot be irrational, like everything in human life. Yes, for there to be a decision of love, there needs to be some motivating emotion in place first. You can't decide to always love and cherish someone if you have no knowledge of them, or have no emotional investment in them. But those emotions are not themselves love - they are merely the basis upon which you make that decision. Ideally, after the fact, whether the emotions are still there won't matter anymore - you'll still want the best for the subject of your love regardless.

This is why a parent might love their child forever, no matter what the child is or does. Even if your child is the worst person on Earth, you have made the decision to care for them and be there for them from birth to death, and you might not like them, but you will always love them. At least, that is my ideal in every relationship of love.

>all feeling is only emotion
By definition, yes.

You've clearly never been in love.

read nicomachaen ethics retard nigger

>Muh romanticism

Based loveposter.

Not him, but I'm pretty sure there's not in nichomachean ethics the distinction isn't between "true and false" emotions, but between good and bad ones, e.g. bravery and cowardice, temperance and self indulgence, liberality and parsimony.

are you gay or a woman or a transsexual by chance?
there is a secondary definition that does not entail exclusively being an emotion, which was the one I was utilizing in my mockery of you people

/thread

user, go drink a piping hot cup of coffee, take that shit, go for a jog, put some hot sauce on an egg and come back to us with that same train of thought. I'm willing to bet you'd think otherwise by then.

Wrong

it'd be cool if /pol/ died for a weekend, just a weekend, and Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums didn't have to deal with them for just long enough to make some good OC

No image has ever convinced me that a board I've never visited before is trash as much as this one

Love exists, but it is imperfect. You perceive it to not exist because of your obsession with the idealism you see in stories and literature and thus "fall in love" with a women at the earliest opportunity, only to desert your feelings at the first sign of trouble because though you crave love, you lack the perseverance to truly find it.

Get /d/ in on it too. We need an erotic pregnant Anne Frank manga with the writing quality of a proper novel.

I wrote the outline of one actually. pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

>tfw 4/10

>/pol/ prevents me from making anything

What people call love was invented by ad men to sell nylons

I enjoyed that.

Whats with the random Achaemenid Persian infantry?

>refusing to believe in an intangible form of love makes you gay or a woman or a transsexual
lol

Especially weird since women are more likely to believe in such a thing than men.

you’re right and idk why people seem to think this is a shit view. probably never had a long term relationship.

Or they're not pretentious pedants trying to explain that a feeling is actually not a feeling if you have a needlessly complex definition of it that basically no one shares.

love can be a feeling but ultimately it IS a choice. the feeling of love comes and goes. preserving true intimacy is a sisyphean task. if you let love be nothinh but a feeling it will fail you.

Love probably existed at some point, but just like God, it is dead.

Today, there is no such thing as love, there is only physical attraction.

How you choose to act based on an emotion and an the emotion itself are two seperate things even if their results influence one another.

I believe on this

Ialso believe on this.

details. The important thing is to notice the existence of a decision on the whole process. If you expect to feel infactuated 100% of the time and be always thinking on the person, you may not "find" love. Not to mention after marriage there are conflicts that will make you angry.

Or maybe I am just too cynical.

>If you expect to feel infactuated 100% of the time and be always thinking on the person, you may not "find" love. Not to mention after marriage there are conflicts that will make you angry.
I don't think anyone was suggesting otherwise which is the whole point of how "true love" is a fiction, as it's basically a state of obsessive start-of-the-relationship infatuation 24/7 forever.

Yeah but you're not a rock. You're a human being with free will to choose. To choose continued love and work with your partner to maintain and nurture it. Dumbass.