Why haven't you read this book?

Why haven't you read this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

ajr.org.uk/index.cfm/section.journal/issue.Aug12/article=10802]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lit
>reading

Idk it's on my to read list but I don't own it. I have a copy of a different book of Junger's, On the Marble Cliffs, which incidentally I bought when I was fairly young having nonidea who Junger was. Should probably read that first, still haven't.

I want to but most editions are censored/abridged in the UK to my knowledge. Not sure which publisher to buy from.

>censored/abridged
why and what exactly.

I'm pretty sure most editions that have been translated are censored somehow.

This is true, and is the reason why I haven't read it either.

The version you want is:

Basil Creighton, Storm of Steel, London: Chatto & Windus, 1929.

Anyone know where to get a copy at a decent price?

Because he rejected the greatest ideology of history

Iirc Junger removed the parts he didn't like himself. So technically it's not censorship.

I've read it
It's pretty fun and made me want to be a soldier but can't help but feel most of it is absolute bollocks

He redid it himself because he wrote it basically as a child. If you read Glass Bees and On the Marble Cliffs you can see the depth of Junger's maturity and his rejection of militarism (but not the brotherhood inherent) after WW2

Fair enough, anons, I wasn't aware of this. Will probably just pick it up next time I get paid then.

so he basically turned into a bitch

big talk faggot but can you walk the walk? ever been in a warzone? Ever lived in a post war nation bombed to shit, with millions of civilions killed and women raped?

Read Diary of a Man In Despair or Thomas Mann [ajr.org.uk/index.cfm/section.journal/issue.Aug12/article=10802] (inner emigration just like Marble Cliffs). These are principled conservative monarchists who were fighting for their king and empire, and who saw glory in that, but rejected the base gangsterism and plebeian nature of NatSoc philosophy.

>turns to his replica iron cross pinned next to his PC with a MLP Waffen-SS background
>a single tear drops to the semen stained keyboard

>but can't help but feel most of it is absolute bollocks
It's been awhile since I've read it but I found the part where he said he slept through an artillery barrage near the house he was staying in hard to believe.

yes

Why did you try to format that link that way?

found it
I had the impression, that night, of hearing a few dull crashing sounds and of Knigge
calling to me, but I was so fast asleep that I merely mumbled, 'Oh, let them shoot!' and
turned over on my side, even though the room was as thick with dust as a chalk mill. In
the morning I was woken by little Schultz, Colonel von Oppen's nephew, shouting:
'Good God, do you mean to tell me you slept through that?' When I got up and
surveyed the debris, I quickly realized that a heavy shell had exploded on the roof, and
smashed all the rooms, including our observation post. The fuse would only have had to
be a little bigger, and they could have scraped off our remains with a spoon, and buried
us in our mess-tins, as the grunts were given to saying. Schultz told me his runner had
taken one look at the wreckage and said: 'There was a lieutenant quartered in there
yesterday, better see if he's still there.' Knigge was terribly impressed by my deep sleep.

Because he's a filthy redditor

I bracketed it because I used parentheses right after it and it triggered my autism.

>internet tough guys

Yeah he says tons of stupid shit like that and there are numerous cliches that pop up throughout the book. I know stereotypes exist for a reason but when they loiter in abundance it really makes you think

because I'm not afucking nazi?

you people are insane

I've read it and it's quite good.
That part where he spares the french soldier clutching a picture of himself with his large family marked me. Especially when he says he doesn't know if the other german soldiers spared him too.

That book is absolutely brutal and beautifully translated in french. Maybe some parts are exaggerated or even made up but it gave me the fire to surpass myself.
I think about Ernst when I'm about to give up during training and it keeps me going.

i ordered a copy from a shop called wimbauer buchversand in germany and it arrived where i live ( the other side of the world) in a week in great condition. good price too.

How much? And how did you order it?

gay

I imagine there's no English translation for that version?

>be junger in trenches
>rumours of gas attack coming, lads all get our masks on
>FNG begins panicking, can't find his
>kek
>hey guys, do you smell gas?
>lil autists begins perging out
>THIS ISN'T FUNNY IM GOING TO DIE FROM MUSTARD GAS REEEE
>everything's fine, he probably gets shot in the face later
bretty gud book tbqh senpai.

its a great read. vivid, entertaining and to the point.