What kind of jobs one can get with a philosophy major? Asking for a friend

What kind of jobs one can get with a philosophy major? Asking for a friend.

My city just opened up a brand new philosophy factory last month.

NEET

Epic meme!
Already went through my neet phase, I dont want to relapse

It's not a meme, it's what your major amounts to on the job market.

teach
writer
journalist
blogger lmao
terence malick although his films fucking suck

Social networking is far more important in the work market than whatever degree you have
Have you not seen engi autists who ended up neet and cry about "falling for the stem meme"?
You cant just say "x is not a meme" in a post-social-media cyberspace, everything is a meme, in the post-social-media sense of the word.

maybe this is true for people who don't work in a market that actually requires field-specific knowledge and experience
t. borderline autismo, antisocnet, successful applicant
OP do you enjoy proving your point? do you feel elated when you pwn others with your superior rhetoric and debate skills? if so, think about studying for lsat
otherwise, is probably right when it comes to generic entry level soul crushing jobs (sales/marketing/etcetc)

Nothing.

Try math, at least then you're studying something relevant and something that can get you a job.
Dolt

>I dont want to relapse
then why the fuck did you do philosophy

Just stay in college for life and be a teacher

Philosopher if you are good.
If you are a brainlet, get a useful diploma and study philosophy by yourself.

Any job you want, 300k starting

Law. The LSAT is just a formal logic test.

>Eric Foreman

Teaching bitches how to swim

become a right wing e celeb and make a patreon or just work at mcdonalds

YouTube philosopher is an option, don't forget to pick an appropriate name though
>Reality Check
>Truth Bomb
>Spear of Knowledge
>(your area of interest) Explained

>he paid tens of thousands of $$$$$ to receive a degree in philosophy

You can be a failed STEMlord who mocks humanities majors on anonymous image forums

Teacher;
Writer (Books, Movies, Theater);
Journalist;
Politician;
Public relations;
HR.

The last two are kinda off.

unironically my career path while writing

>Social networking is far more important in the work market than whatever degree you have

People say this but its fucking bullshit and impossible to verify

Entrepreneur
Comedian
Pick up a trade
Drug Dealer
Soldier
et al

higher math is absolutely not relevant whatsoever for any jobs outside of NSA crypto people. You need to either have some other skills (programming is great, """data science""" is booming but most programmers can't even do calculus) or go applied / stats / actuarial.

Most of them if you can sell yourself.

get pozzed and suck gay dicks for a living

Alright guys, Philosophy leads nowhere so what kind of jobs can you get with a degree in literature?

Teaching, obviously. You could probably also get into anything that requires writing or clear communication if you spun it well.

just make one of those dumb "philosophy for idiots" youtube channels.

Get a degree in information science instead

'information science'
you mean statistics? gis? what?

Try going for law school, because they tend to do well on LSATs. Or I guess you can try being a freelance writer or technical writer.

I just landed an awesome job working for a supplement manufacturer. Before that I did an corporate accounting internship with a bank. I can honestly say philosophy has helped my adaptability. Also outside of academia and positions which require technical expertise most companies don’t care what bachelors degree you have as long as you have one. Why truly matters is how you present yourself and your work experience.

Welcome to McDicks you can't know nuffin.

Can I take your order?

haha wow. zach and stefan seem like really funny guys to hang out with. can't believe they got that on camera haha.

Don't listen to these faggots. You can literally do anything, I know people working on wall st at firms like Blackstone and TIAA with history/philosophy degrees. It just doesn't give you the cushion of a more practical degree, where you can fall back on the skills that your degree attests that you have. It's basically all on you if you have a humanities degree, if you're an awkward autist who can't communicate you're fucked in the business world but there's nothing stopping you from starting your own business or doing something creative. However, it is fair to say that creative outlets are going to be less and less lucrative over time as people treat consuming media for free as the norm.

Degree doesn't matter for most of the jobs on the job market. A degree tells your white collar employer that you're not a retard. And then you train into whatever profession. This is standard, even engineering majors have to be retrained on their first job, though obviously they aren't hiring non engineers. Experience in a field is what gets you jobs in a field. The initial employment hurdle is largely arbitrary, arcane, and profits greatly from networking.

Do you want to have money? Get an MBA and work in business.
Do you want to do something that utilizes your cognitive skills, but not make as much money? Become a lawyer.
Do you want to devote yourself to philosophy, but have a hard time finding a job? Get a PhD and become a professor at a /comfy/ state college.

u could start an experimental noise band with your coworker and his friend and just, like, blow the fuck out of anything else being produced at the time

>i know evil people
gas yourself

>philosophy major

You hate food or eating? I can understand the meme of liking it as a hobby but choosing it as a major? Why would anyone do that?

>tfw got a job in a government agency making 120k thanks to my uncle

Who /nepotist/ here?

>The last two are kinda off
why?